Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh absolutely, no one needs to worry about me! <3 My life is actually extremely stable, so there's no need for concern. I know that this is what everyone says, but I really don't have an addictive personality... My childhood friends were so angry with me when I started experimenting with drugs in my teens (rightfully so due to my family history), but it was never a problem for me. I once read a Reddit user explain it as: "Everything feels better on drugs. I don't understand how anyone can not want to feel like that all the time. If I look at a beautiful sunset and I'm clean, I know it would look better on cocaine." I'm the kind of person who can just stare at the sunset lol, even if I know it would look better if I were high.

I picked up vaping during the pandemic and got to the point where my hands were shaking from the nicotine rush and then I just decided to quit. I haven't thought about it since last summer really. IDK. Also, I'm not even a recreational drug user anymore, I'd say. I did some cocaine for New Years and then I did MDMA once in 2020 and smoked weed once. I think I did drugs twice the year before that, too. So it's been a long time since I really partied. I just have this fascination with heroin purely because I miss my mom. (Who didn't die of an overdose, sadly, she was actually murdered like so many other drug addicts are. The police didn't care.)

Oh no, your mother was murdered? This is a whole dramatic event in itself. Such a terrible thing, I am really sorry for all your losses.

You seem to be so stable and sure of your own identity - you must be a very strong person having had this upbringing.
I cannot imagine being so clear and mature after having had such a childhood.

Have you had therapy (if you don't mind me asking)? Did you ever consider writing about your experience?

I am not sure how Peaches could "connect" to her mother by also taking heroin. How can this help her to connect to her? Wouldn't Peaches be just high in her own reality?

Reactions: 3
I obviously have no idea but this is just my thoughts...peaches obviously loved her mother and she missed her terribly and I believe she started to take it to feel closer to her mother? Idk just my thoughts.

Reactions: 5
I obviously have no idea but this is just my thoughts...peaches obviously loved her mother and she missed her terribly and I believe she started to take it to feel closer to her mother? Idk just my thoughts.
Yes, I understand this train of thought, but how would you feel closer to her?

For example, I could relate to Peaches living in Notting Hill, where her mum used to live - walk the same streets etc
Or listening to the same music, watching her former shows etc Reading the same books.
But I would have felt that heroin is a different / individual experience for everyone involved, so don't quite understand it.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I understand this train of thought, but how would you feel closer to her?

For example, I could relate to Peaches living in Notting Hill, where her mum used to live - walk the same streets etc
Or listening to the same music, watching her former shows etc Reading the same books.
But I would have felt that heroin is a different / individual experience for everyone involved, so don't quite understand it.

I think just the act itself would have made her feel closer (in her own way), just the sheer kick of it probably gave her a warped idea of feeling closer to her I imagine...

Reactions: 8
I think just the act itself would have made her feel closer (in her own way), just the sheer kick of it probably gave her a warped idea of feeling closer to her I imagine...
Yes and maybe the ‘why did she choose this drug what’s so good about it?’. From what I’ve read in the past and also this thread peaches had substance abuse issues for a long time ☹. Some people just can’t be saved.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes and maybe the ‘why did she choose this drug what’s so good about it?’. From what I’ve read in the past and also this thread peaches had substance abuse issues for a long time ☹. Some people just can’t be saved.
Peaches was abusing drugs in her mid teens. This wouldn't be hugely public knowledge but she said that she could see her mum when she used sometimes. Tragic, really. I don't think she ever got the support she needed after her mum died..i don't think any of the girls did.

Peaches was abusing drugs in her mid teens. This wouldn't be hugely public knowledge but she said that she could see her mum when she used sometimes. Tragic, really. I don't think she ever got the support she needed after her mum died..i don't think any of the girls did.
Eta she said this long before she passed away. Before she was even with Cohen

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I remember been at Glastonbury last time monkeys headlined and seeing her she looked flawlessly beautiful but sooo soo tiny. That’s the only time I’d seen her in person as I’m not from London. She was around the VIP area. If she said that when she used she saw her mother that’s so sad 😞.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I didn’t know pixie is pregnant that’s lovely, she doesn’t use Instagram as much as she used to but I like her.
Is Fifi still with her husband?

Reactions: 5
TW for drug abuse.

I've spent the better part of the day reading through these threads. Like so many other here, I was so heartbroken when Peaches died. I'm not from the UK so I didn't even have that link to her, but the idea of a young mom dying due to her addictions alone with her baby is so disturbing. I actually thought of her and googled her again maybe a week before stumbling upon this thread today. Her little family really looked like a dream! I was also so fascinated by the Geldofs and their crazy names as a kid.

Part of the reason why I was so disturbed is because I can relate a lot to Peaches. My parents were heroin addicts - it was a strange childhood. My father had a pretty good job and we'd oscillate between him having his tit together and us living in nice houses for a year, to him going on heroin binges and not showing up for work, us moving into severely crappy apartments, etc, etc, etc... It was difficult for a child to understand. I was really spoiled materially (my father bought me a present every day after work for years), and I was the first at my school to get an iPhone, etc, so I never quite managed to bridge the idea of having so many nice things and then ending up in rotten apartments every few years.

Anyway. I lost my mom at 15 and my father 11 months later. (My dad suffered brain trauma after 7 heroin overdoses over the course of 6 months however, and became a total monster. Losing him was a blessing.) I don't think I can quite describe that level of emotional pain, and it never really goes away. Missing my mom honestly just gets worse the older I get. I think Peaches had it the same way and I feel deeply for her... I also understand the lure of heroin. I've done a lot of partying in my day, and tried pretty much every drug under the sun apart from heroin.

"Connecting" with my dead mom, to me, has become reading the books she'd read to me when I was little or I'd read when she was still alive or watch the movies we watched together. It has become detective work into her past. I have, however, given a great deal of thought into trying heroin because I want to connect TO HER. I want to know what doing heroin was like and understand that part of her. It's been over 10 years and missing her is still a daily ache.

If I was offered heroin in a clean environment where I could smoke it... I am honest enough with myself to say I'd do it because I want to feel closer to my mom. If told I had 6 months left to live, I'd definitely do heroin. I am not about to go out and buy it from some street dealer though. This is not a decision at the forefront of my mind that I am toying with right now, just to make that clear. It's just something I've accepted that I'll very well do some day simply because I miss my mom so horribly.

If Peaches was clean for a while and posted that picture of her mom and then ODed that night, I can easily see her wanting to connect with her dead mother as well, and it just going terribly wrong. I bet she was feeling really sad. My heart bleeds for her and the whole situation more so than her sons and husband, and I know 100% that that's my bias showing. I just can't fault her for it even if it was 100% her own decision that caused so many people horrible pain. (I also definitely do feel for her sons and husband though, just to make that clear. I so, so wish Peaches was still around.)

On a lighter note, I actually don't think she had a lot of facial plastic surgery. I think she lost a lot of weight, got large veneers and had a buccal fat removal. I also think she had a botox brow lift and lip fillers. Actually not a lot by today's celebrity standard tbh, though I do agree there is a huge difference between "chunky party girl" Peaches and "ethereally beautiful" Peaches.

I’ve been wresting with myself about responding to this as I don’t like to openly talk of my past. Ex addict here with children who saved me from that life. I can categorically say I’d be horrified if they ever tried the drug I was addicted to feel close to me. When I took drugs I was at my unhappiness point of my life to escape, I saw no way out and wanted to die. Drugs eased the pain of the day. I never want any child or even ad they come adults to experience such pain and suffering. This may/may not help but felt I should respond.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Her mother was no great role model for her so combine that with poor mental health and severe drug addiction and it meant her life would be a long uphill walk.

I might write in to Andrew Marr and suggest this technique to get people a bit more interested in politics!
Please don't. The next politician on in that scenario would probably be Bojo 🤪 🤮

Anyone know where I can watch theMystify doc?
It was on BBC4.

I remember watching it and crying. Poor Michael was a very sensitive soul and just a beautiful looking man. His brain injury was truly tragic

Noel Gallagher was absolutely vile to him at an awards ceremony and they showed that in the documentary. Twitter was not happy with noel when it aired thankfully. What a douche he was :eek:

Anyone know where I can watch theMystify doc?
It was on BBC4.

I remember watching it and crying. Poor Michael was a very sensitive soul and just a beautiful looking man. His brain injury was truly tragic

Noel Gallagher was absolutely vile to him at an awards ceremony and they showed that in the documentary. Twitter was not happy with noel when it aired thankfully. What a douche he was :eek:

• Heart
A friend of a friend is an ex nanny for the family and I cannot explain how much I wanna ask questions but how would you ever go about it sensitively? What would you ask?

Reactions: 3
Did the nanny used to feature a lot on peaches Instagram? If it’s her I doubt she’d say much other than nice things.

I’d ask how the hell Bob Geldof got custody of a child completely unrelated to him, born to a man he publicly despised, when her paternal blood family in Australia were desperate for her to be with them.
Friends in extremely high places.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Good question!! I would ask why didn’t anyone do more to help peaches? Especially in her teen years very early adult life when it was clear she was on hard drugs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.