PCDs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think so - imagine the chaos! My feeling is they are great friends but not romatically attached. I have no evidence to back this up, just what their personas are like...
I do get where you're coming from, but he definitely mentions her a lot more than the lovely Robin who he is one of his great friends and shares a podcast with, so is kind of in his interest to talk about him more. That bit on the latest pod ep has swung it for me. and she bought back treats from her America trip.

I'm sorry but I am going to need some evidence to consider your point further 😜

Unless you are John and/or Lou trying to throw us off the scent 🕵️‍♂️

(I say all that in jest)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I do get where you're coming from, but he definitely mentions her a lot more than the lovely Robin who he is one of his great friends and shares a podcast with, so is kind of in his interest to talk about him more. That bit on the latest pod ep has swung it for me. and she bought back treats from her America trip.

I'm sorry but I am going to need some evidence to consider your point further 😜

Unless you are John and/or Lou trying to throw us off the scent 🕵️‍♂️

(I say all that in jest)
Just throwing in my tuppenceworth (albeit I do also sway towards being a #shaggingtruther).

One of my closest friends is someone I speak to every day and a lot of my stories start with "oh I was speaking to Dave" or "Dave and I were having a debate about that". Dave is married, his wife is lovely and I'm friends with her too but my friendship is primarily him. Our friendship really grew closer over the past year to the point I've been asked if there was something going on with Dave. There absolutely isn't it's just he's become the person I speak to the most out of all of my friends. If I was speaking to Jill the most I'm sure no-one would be batting an eyelid.

Maaaaaaybe John and Lou are the same. They've been spending more time together recently so a lot of stories are "oh Lou and I" which maybe we haven't noticed before because they were peppered with Robin stories too.

Orrrr maybe my earlier theory that they're talking Lou up so much because she's being lined up to replace Elis because he's so busy with other projects and something has to give. I noticed Matt Lucas has left bake off because he's so busy. I wonder if 5live will he Elis's one to drop? Everything else seems to be his real passion projects, and I wonder if he's kept this one going for so long because of his friendship with John and not wanting to let him down, especially when John wasn't as "in demand" and as mainstream as Elis. And now John has other irons in other fires, maybe he can step back guilt free?

• Sad
Just throwing in my tuppenceworth (albeit I do also sway towards being a #shaggingtruther).

One of my closest friends is someone I speak to every day and a lot of my stories start with "oh I was speaking to Dave" or "Dave and I were having a debate about that". Dave is married, his wife is lovely and I'm friends with her too but my friendship is primarily him. Our friendship really grew closer over the past year to the point I've been asked if there was something going on with Dave. There absolutely isn't it's just he's become the person I speak to the most out of all of my friends. If I was speaking to Jill the most I'm sure no-one would be batting an eyelid.

Maaaaaaybe John and Lou are the same. They've been spending more time together recently so a lot of stories are "oh Lou and I" which maybe we haven't noticed before because they were peppered with Robin stories too.

Orrrr maybe my earlier theory that they're talking Lou up so much because she's being lined up to replace Elis because he's so busy with other projects and something has to give. I noticed Matt Lucas has left bake off because he's so busy. I wonder if 5live will he Elis's one to drop? Everything else seems to be his real passion projects, and I wonder if he's kept this one going for so long because of his friendship with John and not wanting to let him down, especially when John wasn't as "in demand" and as mainstream as Elis. And now John has other irons in other fires, maybe he can step back guilt free?
Oh I hope not! I adore Elis. I do like Lou, but it just wouldn't be the same :cry:

Reactions: 2

I think that is that what @just lurking 99 was getting at (although correct me if I'm typing words into your.... screen?)
And I actually do get that and see where you're coming from.

It's like your work husband/wife type thing - nothing innocent, but you spend most of your day with them and so they're most of your stories.

Hmmmm, that is interesting. I just wish they'd tell us for sure 😅

and I really hope that Elis won't go!! But I'm not going to lie and say that did worry me when I saw Matt Lucas had stepped down..

Reactions: 4
John used to mention Robin a lot more in X and even had him in the studio with some other pals when they were going on the lash.
He’s referred to Elis as his longest relationship when I thought that would be robin.
Maybe now they are working together on TMUW it’s changed that dynamic a bit more?
I don’t think him and Lou are together but their friendship seems super nice - both recently ish single. Both sober. She’s obvs helping him with spiritual stuff.
Either way I think it’s doing him lots of good.

Oh I hope not! I adore Elis. I do like Lou, but it just wouldn't be the same :cry:
Hammers... what happens in all this Lou name-dropping is just to warm us up for her to eventually be Elis' replacement (when in fact it's just spurred all these rumours 😂)

Seems I've done a full 180

• Haha
I don't think there's enough support for Lou to be a co presenter (not that it's going to a vote or indeed even happening). Some people unfortunately just don't like her (which is a huge shame). If it was Ivo Graeme then maybe. I'm still a #shaggingtruther

I don't think there's enough support for Lou to be a co presenter (not that it's going to a vote or indeed even happening). Some people unfortunately just don't like her (which is a huge shame). If it was Ivo Graeme then maybe. I'm still a #shaggingtruther
The Ivo Graham episode was SO good. I love Elis but it was a hilarious change up. I don’t mind Lou but would be gutted if Elis left and she replaced him.

The Ivo Graham episode was SO good. I love Elis but it was a hilarious change up. I don’t mind Lou but would be gutted if Elis left and she replaced him.
I LOVE Ivo.

If anyone saw the live digital show they did at the start of lockdown whereby Ivo was drinking from a can, then shifted to a glass and made comment on it? Well I was part of the tweet exchange which prompted him to change from a can to a glass and thereafter make the comment.

I felt like I was part of the show. 😂

I'd be properly gutted if Elis left. There's no Punch without Judy. I'd also be gutted if Dave left again. I do rather enjoy their dynamic.

I LOVE Ivo.

If anyone saw the live digital show they did at the start of lockdown whereby Ivo was drinking from a can, then shifted to a glass and made comment on it? Well I was part of the tweet exchange which prompted him to change from a can to a glass and thereafter make the comment.

I'd be properly gutted if Elis left. There's no Punch without Judy. I'd also be gutted if Dave left again. I do rather enjoy their dynamic.
😂😂😂 No way! Your claim to fame. Is it available somewhere to watch?
Did you see his off-menu live episode?? Pure comedy gold.

Reactions: 1
I LOVE Ivo.

😂😂 I watched this!!
Why did you say to make him swap?!

😂😂😂 No way! Your claim to fame. Is it available somewhere to watch?
Did you see his off-menu live episode?? Pure comedy gold.
No, they only had the live show and then those who bought tickets could watch it for like 48 hours afterwards!

Rather embarassingly i DID then rewatch it and made sure to record the bit where it was spoken about.

😂😂 I watched this!!
Why did you say to make him swap?!
Someone tweeted that they didn't have Ivo down as a "drinking from a can" type of guy.

Ivo then obviously saw the tweet.

I then tweeted back to guy one that he'd switched to a glass and had obviously seen the tweet.

Ivo then tweeted back to me saying "guilty as charged".

Then later on in the show they were chatting about what they were drinking and Ivo made a comment about the tweet conversations and I was there like "oh my god that was me!".

He then posted on twitter the following the next day to firmly place me in the Elis and John Hall of Fame (which is only in my mind space).

I'm SOMEONE ELSE! 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
No, they only had the live show and then those who bought tickets could watch it for like 48 hours afterwards!

Rather embarassingly i DID then rewatch it and made sure to record the bit where it was spoken about.

Someone tweeted that they didn't have Ivo down as a "drinking from a can" type of guy.

Ivo then obviously saw the tweet.

I then tweeted back to guy one that he'd switched to a glass and had obviously seen the tweet.

Ivo then tweeted back to me saying "guilty as charged".

Then later on in the show they were chatting about what they were drinking and Ivo made a comment about the tweet conversations and I was there like "oh my god that was me!".

He then posted on twitter the following the next day to firmly place me in the Elis and John Hall of Fame (which is only in my mind space).

I'm SOMEONE ELSE! 😂
😂😂😂
I love it!!! Definitely in the hall of fame!!!

Legends! I cannot comment any further on the Lou replacing Elis speculation because it will simply make me too sad.

as promised, I was at TMUW live tonight 🍉 and it was excellent. No tea to report except a small snippet that won’t make the pod - there was some chat about Rose (my guess is Mattafaeo)’s birthday last weekend that E&J were both at and “everyone” was taking mushroom oil.

im not young/cool/relevant so didn’t even know mushroom oil was a *thing*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Legends! I cannot comment any further on the Lou replacing Elis speculation because it will simply make me too sad.

as promised, I was at TMUW live tonight 🍉 and it was excellent. No tea to report except a small snippet that won’t make the pod - there was some chat about Rose (my guess is Mattafaeo)’s birthday last weekend that E&J were both at and “everyone” was taking mushroom oil.

Wtf is mushroom oil?!

Glad it was a good show though.

I think it might be Josh Widdecombe's wife. She was 40 last week.

Although I think Ivo dates the other Rose, so not unlikely, but I think it'll be Mrs Josh.

I think it might be Josh Widdecombe's wife. She was 40 last week.

Although I think Ivo dates the other Rose, so not unlikely, but I think it'll be Mrs Josh.
Good point! Off to stalk insta for people with massive pupils from that party

Ivo dates Rose Matafeo?! Omg ☕
Yeah, I think so (Ivo posted something on insta on valentines day and shes got a few posts about him) and I'm sure she's previously dated Acaster. Though I'm not sure if he and Ivo are mates or just mate adjacent.

Yeah, I think so (Ivo posted something on insta on valentines day and shes got a few posts about him) and I'm sure she's previously dated Acaster. Though I'm not sure if he and Ivo are mates or just mate adjacent.
Aww that’s lovely. ❤
She did go out with Acaster - he had a breakdown when they split up (he’s talked about it openly). I’m pretty sure they are mates - they seemed pally on that off menu live episode I mentioned the other day.
If you haven’t watched it, I’d really recommend you do. It’s too funny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.