PCDs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations!!!

*Miserable cow face* listening to the podcast now and...a child you don't know in a giddy show off talking to adults mood is fairly irritating after 30 seconds (Although I fully empathise with childcare issues and can only imagine how stressful taking your child to live radio is)
Came here to say this exact thing. My feelings on children are the same as John’s feelings on dogs. No thank you.

Reactions: 3
Congratulations!!!

*Miserable cow face* listening to the podcast now and...a child you don't know in a giddy show off talking to adults mood is fairly irritating after 30 seconds (Although I fully empathise with childcare issues and can only imagine how stressful taking your child to live radio is)
Just catching up now (after two days of dealing with my friend's daughter who's been in a similar mood when she's stayed over) and I completely echo your sentiment.

Completely empathise, but can't understand how it was allowed. Could understand perhaps Rob and Josh doing it on their parenting podcast, but this seems a bit forced almost. Surely she could have just sat in the corner quietly?

That said, she's very well spoken which I liked. She sounded very grown up, I thought she was younger! I also liked her comment about her "book phase" as I was a big reader as a kid! It's good to get into and be excited about, especially at a young age.

HAPPY PODCAST DAY!! 😻👬

How are you all doing? I'm going to Made Up Games live on my birthday next week 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Wooo 🥳

Happy birthday for next week!! You'll have to let us know how MUG live is!

Does anyone listen to the show live? or is everyone here a pure PCD?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wooo 🥳

Thanks, Advise! I will 😊

I've only ever listened to the podcast. Would feel weird listening to it live, somehow?! And sometimes the podcast intro is 20 minutes, so I wouldn't want to miss out 🤣.

Wooo 🥳

Feels like a mad thing to say out loud, but every Friday I realise don't know how to listen to it live... Is 5 Live on the normal radio? Like could I listen in the car? How do people listen to the radio these days?!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Thanks, Advise! I will 😊

I've only ever listened to the podcast. Would feel weird listening to it live, somehow?! And sometimes the podcast intro is 20 minutes, so I wouldn't want to miss out 🤣.
Agree! I wouldn't want to miss the intro. I tried listening to the show once whilst I was working, but I couldn't concentrate on what they were saying so I felt like I missed out on it all 😂

Feels like a mad thing to say out loud, but every Friday I realise don't know how to listen to it live... Is 5 Live on the normal radio? Like could I listen in the car? How do people listen to the radio these days?!
Through the greatest app ever of course... BBC Sounds!

I Bluetooth it from my phone to my speakers in the house or to the car (Radio 6 listener usually).. or if you can get it on a DAB/digital radio too. Some cars have DAB radios built in too.

Listening to this week's ep... and this might be an unpopular opinion but I'm not enjoying Ivo Graham on it. I've never noticed this before, and I enjoy watching him on Taskmaster, but he umm's and ahhh's and stutters quite a lot and I find it reallyyy annoying (I'm clearly turning into my mother). It happens almost every time he speaks and it just doesn't make for good radio/podcast/audio.

Maybe he was having an off day, or maybe I'm a bit more irritable this morning 😅

Listening to this week's ep... and this might be an unpopular opinion but I'm not enjoying Ivo Graham on it. I've never noticed this before, and I enjoy watching him on Taskmaster, but he umm's and ahhh's and stutters quite a lot and I find it reallyyy annoying (I'm clearly turning into my mother). It happens almost every time he speaks and it just doesn't make for good radio/podcast/audio.

Maybe he was having an off day, or maybe I'm a bit more irritable this morning 😅
I know what you mean… it feels a bit of a character to me - the bumbling posh guy. He’s so pretty, though, so I forgive him 🤣. Especially on Task Master when I can actually see his face 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know what you mean… it feels a bit of a character to me - the bumbling posh guy. He’s so pretty, though, so I forgive him 🤣. Especially on Task Master when I can actually see his face 😜
There was one bit where John did his character and he sounded just like Ivo 2 minutes before. However, he has redeemed himself somewhat with Yo Shoeshi 👌🏽

I agree. I broadly like Ivo separately, he was great supporting Josh on his tour. However I just don't think the John and Ivo show has the same flow.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
There was one bit where John did his character and he sounded just like Ivo 2 minutes before. However, he has redeemed himself somewhat with Yo Shoeshi 👌🏽
Arrgh I fell asleep while listening to it and now I can’t find the Yo shoeshi bit! Anyone know roughly when it was?

Arrgh I fell asleep while listening to it and now I can’t find the Yo shoeshi bit! Anyone know roughly when it was?
It was during one of the petty parliaments which starts around 1hr21 (given you the start of the conversation to get the context) xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Made Up Games was fab! It was a bit chaotic at times but I think that just made it even funnier. Deffo some bants between Lou and John, still not 100% sure if they're banging but my sister thinks they are... Guest host was Rachel Parris who I really liked (even if she didn't have a clue what was going on half the time), Lou (shock horror) and a woman who's name I forget... sorry! Will ETA if it comes to me. If you get a chance to see it, I would recommend, although I think it's quite London based at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.