PCDs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was at that gig on Monday so don't think it's his hand with the cat...

I actually arrived late and so was seated at the side, right next to him! Was quite surreal as I listen to him pretty much every day of my life šŸ˜³.

It was a Work in Progress gig and he did repeat a lot of content I'd hear before - especially the stuff he said in the (excellent) Colin Murray interview. I feel like I've heard the slotted spoon story 20 times now šŸ˜….

The language he used very much sounded like he's going through an official process such as AA. My concern is that he is only 4 months in and building his whole tour content around it. Hopefully he'll stick it out (if that is indeed the plan). He said he was drinking 6 cans and a bottle of wine a night (and then supplementary ciders as well) but I wasn't sure if that was exaggerated for comic effect. If it wasn't, that definitely sounds like addiction.

Am seeing him for Made Up Games in April, and then on tour in October - will be fascinating to see his progress. I wish him all the luck in the world. šŸ’—

Did you guys see they've released the Shame Wells as a separate podcast on, you guessed it, BBC Sounds? Will deffo be having a listen to those. Some of them make me cringe so hard, I feel like my skin will fall off.

Ps.
HAPPY PODCAST DAY! šŸ˜»

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That's a huge amount of alcohol to be drinking on a regular basis. Good for him for sorting it out. I can't wait to see his show in October!

I'm slightly worried about listening to the Shame Wells as I usually listen to podcasts on my commute and I don't want to look like an idiot laughing to myself šŸ˜‚

I think BBC Sounds has restarted the trailers to that Kerry Katona podcast. God love her and all that but if I hear "Kerry Shame Katona' one more time I think I'm going to scream.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Apropos of nothing - I really, really hope TMUW carries on with John sober.

I donā€™t think itā€™s changed on balance, particularly given in recent weeks when heā€™s not even mentioned that heā€™s sans cans. I can see it being quite a challenge chatting about booze and pubs every week (or more) when youā€™re not drinking, so would understand if it does get canned (šŸ„)

Iā€™ll be watching the live show next week šŸ‰ and promise to report back to you legends if thereā€™s any juicy goss (particularly on Lou)!

Elis, thoughts?

• Heart
Apropos of nothing - I really, really hope TMUW carries on with John sober.

I donā€™t think itā€™s changed on balance, particularly given in recent weeks when heā€™s not even mentioned that heā€™s sans cans. I can see it being quite a challenge chatting about booze and pubs every week (or more) when youā€™re not drinking, so would understand if it does get canned (šŸ„)

Iā€™ll be watching the live show next week šŸ‰ and promise to report back to you legends if thereā€™s any juicy goss (particularly on Lou)!

Elis, thoughts?
Yeah I've been wondering about TMUW too. Enjoy the live show and do report back.

Radio show tomorrow. Its had a good run recently with some proper laugh out loud moments. I don't recall seeing anything on the group about the phone in topic but I've been BUSY.

I was talking to my financial advisor yesterday and obviously we talked about the end of the tax year. I asked him whether he'd ever thought of getting a tax year calender but he hadn't. Definitely an untapped market! Can wait for mine to arrive.

• Haha
Have you guys noticed Johnā€™s recent use of ā€œdearsā€? Thought it might be a Lou Sanders-ism šŸ¤”

Have you guys noticed Johnā€™s recent use of ā€œdearsā€? Thought it might be a Lou Sanders-ism šŸ¤”
noticed him stumbling over a mention of her on the breakfast show - says he stays onā€¦erā€¦.with her cats. V suspect.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just friends, from his email newsletter in January:

Finally, very few people get to spend a huge amount of time with their guardian angels, let alone with their kittens and flatmate Luke. Even fewer get to play dodgeball with them or taste the hot avocado they have cooked for you in complete disregard of all culinary traditions, tastes and basic human logic. So imagine how lucky I feel not only to experience all of the above, but also to be on their live podcast ā€˜Cuddle Clubā€™ at The Soho Theatre for A VALENTINEā€™S SPECIAL WHERE WE WILL DEFINITELY FIND OUR RESPECTIVE WIVES AND HUSBANDS. Alas, tickets have sold out, after all, say what you like about cutie pies like us, but we donā€™t half get bums on seats. However it would brighten the day of the brightest person I know if you subscribed to Lou Sandersā€™ Cuddle Club Podcast. Also itā€™s brownie points / more hot avocado for me as I asked her to sign up to this newsletter to check it was working. Come to think of it, not a bad test to see if sheā€™s read to the end.

Just friends, from his email newsletter in January:

Finally, very few people get to spend a huge amount of time with their guardian angels, let alone with their kittens and flatmate Luke. Even fewer get to play dodgeball with them or taste the hot avocado they have cooked for you in complete disregard of all culinary traditions, tastes and basic human logic. So imagine how lucky I feel not only to experience all of the above, but also to be on their live podcast ā€˜Cuddle Clubā€™ at The Soho Theatre for A VALENTINEā€™S SPECIAL WHERE WE WILL DEFINITELY FIND OUR RESPECTIVE WIVES AND HUSBANDS. Alas, tickets have sold out, after all, say what you like about cutie pies like us, but we donā€™t half get bums on seats. However it would brighten the day of the brightest person I know if you subscribed to Lou Sandersā€™ Cuddle Club Podcast. Also itā€™s brownie points / more hot avocado for me as I asked her to sign up to this newsletter to check it was working. Come to think of it, not a bad test to see if sheā€™s read to the end.
Still a #shaggingtruther - this could all be a cover up šŸ•µļøā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I listened to a lot of the shame wells last night when I couldnā€™t sleep. Iā€™ve downloaded this one so I can listen to the opening 20 seconds whenever I want. Itā€™s incredible. I must have listened to it 10 times already.
601A596D-06CF-40A1-A967-69F1191BB7D1.png

• Haha
Sorry for the double post but has anyone listened to the beginning of the pod yet?
When John mentions he regularly stays at a friends in London and she leaves the fridge open whilst sheā€™s cooking!!!! Never been more convinced, even though he calls himself a single man in the same link.

Sorry for the double post but has anyone listened to the beginning of the pod yet?
When John mentions he regularly stays at a friends in London and she leaves the fridge open whilst sheā€™s cooking!!!! Never been more convinced, even though he calls himself a single man in the same link.
Yeeeees!!!! I 100% agree

Reactions: 4
I don't think so - imagine the chaos! My feeling is they are great friends but not romatically attached. I have no evidence to back this up, just what their personas are like...
---
I listened to a lot of the shame wells last night when I couldnā€™t sleep. Iā€™ve downloaded this one so I can listen to the opening 20 seconds whenever I want. Itā€™s incredible. I must have listened to it 10 times already.
View attachment 2038933
Oh I love this - thanks for the reminder :D

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.