PCDs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awww, lovely stuff ❤. Welcome along, Swish!

There is just something so incredibly comforting about them, isn’t there. Such a good balance of absolutely effing hilarious and insincere, and compassionate and sweet. I honestly hope the show never ends 😅.

I listened to the episode of the moon under water with the Guardian sports journalist as they kept talking about it being the best one ever (I dip in and out). Have you guys listened? It’s pretty heavy going at times but worth a listen as he essentially lays himself bare in a way that I didn’t see coming.

Countdown until Friday’s pod is on 😄. I’m going on hols on Saturday 🍉 so am gonna download it for the plane 🙌🏼

I did wonder if the excessive mentioning of Lou was initially about getting the listeners on board and warming to her as I have this awful feeling Elis is just so busy with other stuff that something has to give. I hope it wouldn't be this but I dunno I just got a vibe about it. Then came Lou being on and then mentioned a lot I put two and two together to get 22.

Haven't listened to MUW. I like Robin but I think too much of them both is a bit much, if that's ok to say. I used to listen to Elis podcast (distant pod) but I found Mike Bubbins became too much for me and took away the enjoyment of Elis and Steffs anecdotes. If Elis had been to Tenerife, Mike had been to Elevenerife. It was too much.

I just like the boys and Dave all together. Don't mess with a more than broadly fine system.

Awaiting better than a podcast to keep you occupied on a flight. Are you off somewhere nice?

Reactions: 2
I did wonder if the excessive mentioning of Lou was initially about getting the listeners on board and warming to her as I have this awful feeling Elis is just so busy with other stuff that something has to give. I hope it wouldn't be this but I dunno I just got a vibe about it. Then came Lou being on and then mentioned a lot I put two and two together to get 22.

Haven't listened to MUW. I like Robin but I think too much of them both is a bit much, if that's ok to say. I used to listen to Elis podcast (distant pod) but I found Mike Bubbins became too much for me and took away the enjoyment of Elis and Steffs anecdotes. If Elis had been to Tenerife, Mike had been to Elevenerife. It was too much.

I just like the boys and Dave all together. Don't mess with a more than broadly fine system.

Awaiting better than a podcast to keep you occupied on a flight. Are you off somewhere nice?
Oh nooooo. I hope that’s not the case! Elis is irreplaceable.

I know what you mean re John and Robin - Robin is actually too lovely and doesn’t pull John up on his nonsense like Elis does 🤣. I listen to it to fall asleep sometimes 🤭.

I’m off to Goa! Can’t wait to escape this miserable winter ☀ ✈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My people!

What a vibe to have finally found you all! I don't have FB and I don't think there's a massive twitter following (than say there is for Elis's distant pod podcast guys).

I was introduced to them by my ex full time F round about the time they were leaving XFM. I listened to an episode but wasn't sure about them so gave up. I then gave them anorher shot then got back into them in a BIG way. Some may say the obsession is real.

I absolutely think John is breaking my heart by dating Lou. I mentioned that to the ex months ago. Also thought he and Coco were an odd couple.

Darkness of Robins was amazing, and I saw Hot Shame live which was excellent. He is indeed niche but he is so clever with it.

On the other hand, I absolutely adore Elis too. I will literally watch anything and everything he does and I would quite happily listen to him reading the phone book.

For everyone's sake, don't get me started on my inappropriate crush on Producer Dave.

Without going too FB group about it, I'm so glad I gave them another go because they are a proper comfort for me now. When my ex and I split up I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to listen to them any more (we used a lot of their sayings and mannerisms (the shouting etc)). I don't have anyone else who listens to them so I really worried I'd struggle not having anyone to say "oh how funny was that this week" but I actually found it such a comfort. They kept me company throughout it and I'm grateful for that.
Oh, you sweet angel ❤ They keep me company too, I noodle about life with them chatting away at me.

I might have to abandon the past and come join you in the present. I love gossip and need to assess this Lou Sanders situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My people!

What a vibe to have finally found you all! I don't have FB and I don't think there's a massive twitter following (than say there is for Elis's distant pod podcast guys).

I was introduced to them by my ex full time F round about the time they were leaving XFM. I listened to an episode but wasn't sure about them so gave up. I then gave them anorher shot then got back into them in a BIG way. Some may say the obsession is real.

I absolutely think John is breaking my heart by dating Lou. I mentioned that to the ex months ago. Also thought he and Coco were an odd couple.

Darkness of Robins was amazing, and I saw Hot Shame live which was excellent. He is indeed niche but he is so clever with it.

On the other hand, I absolutely adore Elis too. I will literally watch anything and everything he does and I would quite happily listen to him reading the phone book.

For everyone's sake, don't get me started on my inappropriate crush on Producer Dave.

Without going too FB group about it, I'm so glad I gave them another go because they are a proper comfort for me now. When my ex and I split up I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to listen to them any more (we used a lot of their sayings and mannerisms (the shouting etc)). I don't have anyone else who listens to them so I really worried I'd struggle not having anyone to say "oh how funny was that this week" but I actually found it such a comfort. They kept me company throughout it and I'm grateful for that.
Welcome welcome! I see John has done a BTS video from the photo shoot today on his insta.

I've not listened to the MUW podcast as I've found it a bit too self indulgent but might give it another go.

Have a lovely holiday Slop N Slide!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I decided to start at the start of January and I need details for nude Chris who wants outdoor toast banned. What a voice 😍🫠

• Heart
  • Haha
Love that you lot seem to be absolutely my vibe! Saw Robins tonight and he mentioned he was 88 days sober and was on great form. Trying out new material so it was hit and miss (heard the bran flake/cancer scare story again which wasn’t a good one knowing the punch line already) but most of his other stuff was GOOD. Pleased for him that he seems to be in a good place, whether that’s because of lack of booze and/or other factors.

If JR is going sober maybe this is another reason he spends. A lot of time with Lou. She gave up booze quite a while ago? So maybe easier to be with other sober pals.

Reactions: 1
If JR is going sober maybe this is another reason he spends. A lot of time with Lou. She gave up booze quite a while ago? So maybe easier to be with other sober pals.
Or…did he give up the booze because they’re together?

Alright, own up! Which one of you put a poll on the Facebook group speculating about Lou and John ☕

• Haha
Oh my goshhhhh so glad to stumble upon this thread!! Like others, couldn’t deal with the FB group.. I think this will be more my vibe.

Also glad to read that others have had the same thoughts as me RE John and Lou!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Great to have you here @adviseplz! How did you find us?
The thread? I accidentally clicked on the rave section (I don’t frequent here often 😅😂) and saw PCD and was like hmmmm are those the PCDs I know of?

v happy to be here, I caught up with the thread so quickly because I was excited haaaa

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
The thread? I accidentally clicked on the rave section (I don’t frequent here often 😅😂) and saw PCD and was like hmmmm are those the PCDs I know of?

v happy to be here, I caught up with the thread so quickly because I was excited haaaa
You’d have been disappointed if we were raving about the PCD signs on the sides of motorways

• Haha
You’d have been disappointed if we were raving about the PCD signs on the sides of motorways
😂 maybe not because I’m a big fan of motorways thanks to Johnny JRs enthusiasm

(although I did have to Google what a motorway PCD is)

• Haha
I've listened to all of Januarys and it's crazy how they're basically a threesome now rather than the occasional chip in from Prod D or (my personal all time fave prod) Vin. If you come from the past to now, it's really noticeable.

Happy that they haven't changed at all in the last 7 years though 💕

• Heart
Surely Dave should have been the A. With his shirt off and the black tape on his chest. Just me? 🥵
He probs was, but maybe due to the olde co-vid they had to get Lou to stand in… wonder how they were able to arrange it at such short notice 😉😉😉
---

Oh Lordy, I had a dream I asked JR out last night 😂 (he was non-committal, lol).

Probably because of this chat, and then listening to an old ep to get to sleep. It was one of the isolation tapes - Elis is talking about r-rates and whether or not it was safe for the childminder to have the kids while he went to work. So strange listening to it - it felt like I'd gone back in time. I forget how grim it was at times. I genuinely think they made it a little easier with their extra episodes, though!
I had a sex dream about him once. It was weird, I couldn’t listen to the pod for a few weeks after that 😂
---

Ok here’s a question. What do you think is the last bit thats said at the end of the Up Your Region jingle?

All I can get out of it is ….. something, something, something, up there on the table, something something, a feed ’em haddy willis

(the last bit of my interpretation I don’t even think are real words)
---

PS isn’t it such a shame that they couldn’t take the Made Up Games jingle from Radio X to 5live as it was bloody brilliant

Last edited:
He probs was, but maybe due to the olde co-vid they had to get Lou to stand in… wonder how they were able to arrange it at such short notice 😉😉😉
---

I had a sex dream about him once. It was weird, I couldn’t listen to the pod for a few weeks after that 😂
---

Ok here’s a question. What do you think is the last bit thats said at the end of the Up Your Region jingle?

All I can get out of it is ….. something, something, something, up there on the table, something something, a feed ’em haddy willis

(the last bit of my interpretation I don’t even think are real words)
---

PS isn’t it such a shame that they couldn’t take the Made Up Games jingle from Radio X to 5live as it was bloody brilliant
The last bit is "Freeman Hardy and Willis" which is a now defunct shoe shop but not sure of the rest.
---

I've listened to all of Januarys and it's crazy how they're basically a threesome now rather than the occasional chip in from Prod D or (my personal all time fave prod) Vin. If you come from the past to now, it's really noticeable.

Happy that they haven't changed at all in the last 7 years though 💕
I think someone made a comment on the main Facebook page about this and it descended into a bin fire.

Apologies for double post.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.