Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Double posting like a twat but I cannot contain my anger any longer. On a daily basis I see posts in the PCD group asking what time John’s tour show starts/ends. Fuck me. How do these people function on a daily basis?

Anyway John’s one year sobriety post was bloody lovely yesterday wasn’t it.
I'm so glad I'm not in that group! Generally I love the community surrounding the PCDs (and the Distant Pod community too, although slightly different) but I feel like they would just put me off SO much.

It's so bloody lovely. He's really thriving and seems to be in such an amazing headspace. It seems off to day you're proud of someone you've never met but I really am. ❤

I saw John's show a couple of weeks ago, and also recently received a message from him via Cameo (thanks to a very kind friend for my birthday) and both together have really got me thinking about whether or not I want to follow him down a similar path. Not so much AA and being entirely sober but maybe a "broadly sober" person with an more active attitude of gratitude (IYKYK). Seeing his posts make it seem quite attainable if that makes sense?

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Snrub

Oh god... dare we ask? 🙄🤣
As part of the great reset there is a "Whatsapp community" where apparently there will be extra content like videos etc - apparently it's full already as it has a limit of 2000 users or something! So the PCDs are having their customary meltdown despite there being fuck all on there at the moment.

• Haha

Slop n slide

Made Up Games was fab! It was a bit chaotic at times but I think that just made it even funnier. Deffo some bants between Lou and John, still not 100% sure if they're banging but my sister thinks they are... Guest host was Rachel Parris who I really liked (even if she didn't have a clue what was going on half the time), Lou (shock horror) and a woman who's name I forget... sorry! Will ETA if it comes to me. If you get a chance to see it, I would recommend, although I think it's quite London based at the moment.

• Heart

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
The only gofundme I ever contributed to was Matt Boorman’s. I find gofund me posts so inappropriate. Everyone is dealing with shit.

• Heart

just lurking 99

A friend was at one of the TM recordings yesterday, and reported that everyone was in fine form - I can't wait to see Johnny JR on there!

just lurking 99

The woman who is constantly on the beg really bothers me >_<
If your ma needs pyjamas or whatever, go to your friends, your family, a charity shop... don't ask a group of internet strangers to fund this stuff, surely?

Sorry, I do have sympathy, but only to a point.

just lurking 99

OMG I am live-listening right now :) John is late?! Whaaat?!!!

Thanks for the tip, everyone :love:
---
This is already comedy gold :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Sorry to go back to Tick Tock Robins but I'm just listening to it as I'm on a walk today as I needed cheered up (and given I was pissing myself laughing just at the intro I made the right choice) but got to the bit where theure calling him on the train and I was reminded of this cracker...

"Everyone just thinks you slept in or got confused by cereal".

Actual. Tears.

• Haha

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
There's some beef going down about F365 now, which seems to be a football forum where they're talking about the PCD group.

just reading the comments... if they find this tattle thread we could be next 😂
1699892741927.png

come for the tips on how to use white wine vinegar, stay for the drama

• Haha

CocoCottesmore

The thing is, the latest guy sounds really desperate and I feel incredibly sorry for him. I'm just not sure that a comedy podcast FB group is the best place for this sort of thing (or any of the other GFMs). The womens rugby one was especially taking the piss. It doesn't help that so many grifters have basically ruined it for everyone else too.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Had a mad sex dream about JR last night. No one likes hearing other people’s dreams so it’s behind a spoiler. I just need to get it out of my system!

It started with John planting basil in a field whilst drinking AF beer. I think it was some sort of theatre performance/one man show. I was chilling with the lovely robin and we discussed how proud we were of him. LR then told me I should be on naked attraction because I have lovely knees, and he was sure the rest of me would be top tier too. (Note: I have horrendous body image issues and will probably discuss this part with my therapist).

The dream went off on a tangent about a biography being released about my family and no one admitting to writing it. I called JR in tears because I was devastated about some of the content. I met him in the local Waitrose to discuss further where he was buying the ingredients for base gravy, and I asked him if I could give him a hug.

We hugged for minutes. Then….it went further. He made me finish whilst in the ice cream section (?!) and then drank brine from a jar of olives.

If you’ve read all this I can only apologise but, like I said, I needed to get it out of my head because it was truly unhinged.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Snrub

FYI The first episode is going up at 4pm for some reason according to Dave - just in case you are worrying about it not being in your feed yet like I was...!

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Having a very Elis and John adjacent evening tonight. Just watched the Ronnie OSullivan documentary and now just going to watch a documentary about the story of XFM. Might throw on my broadly fine tshirt and keep it session too and go all in!

• Heart

adviseplz

VIP Member
Soz for the double post but really proud to see our boys (briefly) advertised on prime time BBC1 after Michael McIntyre this eve… all part of The Great Reset I assume.

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Fair summary! I’d say it’s this, coupled with a few posts from people taking umbridge with his use of the term ‘dear’. Oh, and a smattering of posts discussing his alcoholism with coins saying thing like “how did Elis and Dave not notice, they are bad friends” (not a direct quote).
God sake. Based on what? Maybe it was mutually agreed they wouldn't mention it on the show until John was ready. Or maybe they really didn't notice. But guess what... alcoholics hide things. John lives alone. They don't always record together and what can they deduce from an afternoon together a week.

God people can be such tubes.

Sorry, not directed at you whatsoever. Just the FB group annoying me and I'm not even on it 🤣

Slop n slide

💥HAPPY PODCAST DAY! 💥

Lads, I was at the theatre last week and we saw Ellis and Isy :love:. We played it cool and didn't say hello, but I was SO TEMPED to ask him 'are you on email? You really should be, you know'. We also saw Jenna Coleman, the lady who plays River Song in Doctor Who, Alan Davies (who was with his wife and Ellis and Isy) and a couple of other small-time UK actors who I couldn't quite place. The play was incredible as well - Dancing at Lughnasa - would really recommend if it's accessible to you.

Have great sunny weekends, everyone ☀

• Heart

welshgirl2021

VIP Member
The PCD group on Facebook really has gone down the pan hasn’t it. Rejoined FB to get in touch with one of my cousins and someone has posted a photo of a phone booth which they deem smells of piss. Probably *relevant*. Anyway, who am I to judge. Potato.
---
I don’t mean to moan by the way - just find it all a bit ‘meta’ now and everyone just chucks what they want up there. A complete and utter minefield from when we all started the group x
---
I do mean to moan actually 😂
---
Call me strange …but I find it fascinating what people ask advice for, post about their private lives🙈

BTW I have noticed since one certain member was mentioned on here there hasn’t been any updates!

• Haha
  • Wow