Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MesaLoca

Hello! I had no idea there was a Tattle PCD group until I saw that FB post. God that group has become shit hasn't it. It seems like it's just beard stroking men objecting to wrong-think now (I'm speaking as a bleeding heart lefty as well).

• Heart
Reactions: 8

just lurking 99

Actually very strange decision to post that post IMO. Literally just to cause upset/trouble.
But people are weird *shrug*

Reactions: 7

SeptemberCatLady

The thing is, the latest guy sounds really desperate and I feel incredibly sorry for him. I'm just not sure that a comedy podcast FB group is the best place for this sort of thing (or any of the other GFMs). The womens rugby one was especially taking the piss. It doesn't help that so many grifters have basically ruined it for everyone else too.
I absolutely have a lot of sympathy and actually am glad that people feel they can reach out than suffer alone. I just don’t think a go fund me sorts the underlying problem a lot of the time. I’m concerned the issue will continue next month when the next lot of bills will come in. Agree with @fishyfishfish that signposting feels more valuable. In the last instance anyway.

• Heart

adviseplz

VIP Member
I just hope the people donating money can afford to do so, and aren't feeling it's something they have to do by other members enthusiastically saying they'll be donating.

• Heart

just lurking 99

OMG spoier alert! I haven't listened to it yet and can't have any spoilers about how weird the Dave was or anything about coffee :D

I'm joking - it super winds me up when people in specific forums are asked not to talk about the latest episode because they themselves haven't heard or seen it. Entitled, much?! There were people saying that no one is allowed to say what happens in Taskmaster because they won't be able to see it until the next day, and I find that SERIOUSLY annoying!!!

(Sorry if that applies to anyone here - you're all lovely and thank space you so much matt very much)

• Haha

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
The thing is, the latest guy sounds really desperate and I feel incredibly sorry for him. I'm just not sure that a comedy podcast FB group is the best place for this sort of thing (or any of the other GFMs). The womens rugby one was especially taking the piss. It doesn't help that so many grifters have basically ruined it for everyone else too.
I think the people signposting food banks etc are doing the right thing

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Sorry, double posting but had to make a comment on this (mainly before I forget).

I haven't listened to many of the How do you Cope episodes (I've listened to some but found them a bit deep when I was maybe going through some stuff), but I have to say, the clips I see on their social media - they really are such gentle interviewers, in such a lovely way. John especially is just so well spoken and informed on what he asks, and Elis just listens so intently.

They really are just wonderful boys aren't they.

That's it. That's all I had to say.

• Heart

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
This news might ease the current pain..

The quotes. They are a pair of silly sausages.

• Haha
  • Heart

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Oh my goodness!! My people. I’ve found you on Tattle! How nice to have some good people to talk about amidst all the horrors we normally deal with.

Retro One-r far too many times over, live vibe chaser etc etc. Husband takes the piss out of the fact I refer to them as if I know them.

John’s post was beautiful. I always feel oddly proud of him and Elis (and Dave). I am hoping for nothing but good things for him.
Welcome!

Very similar here, I talk about them like we're long lost pals. Particularly given they've helpful me through some pretty dark times, I'll refer to them as such and get looks of "but you know they're not your friends, right" 😂

John's post was very brave the other day and them opening up on the podcast today was equally so. I'm glad they got to discuss how things have been for Elis too (although not glad he's been going through something worth discussing of course). I think I'm guilty of thinking John is the troubled one and Elis has it all together and everything is great and he's only sometimes a bit skatty etc, so it was kind of reassuring almost to hear that he is affected by things in a sense. But it was clearly done this way so John could share what's been going on as I don't think the main show would necessarily be the right vibe and platform. I'm glad he's in a better place and making so much progress for himself. I'm so weirdly proud of someone I don't know. I hope he continues with this peace he's found.

• Heart
Reactions: 6