Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YesNow

VIP Member
So . . . do we think Dev got the gift from Universal today?!

Just watching SuperEnthused unboxing hers and she is super excited.
According to his Instagram stories, he did get one. He's also apparently building a house for himself. Funny how everyone is going house crazy now.

Reactions: 1
I think it's somewhat a valid complaint though and I say somewhat because it is a lot of money for the room, they had booked so I get it but it's their newest ship and demand would be high and so would the price. Cruising is becoming very expensive. Blaming it on inflation seems misguided to me, however. The cruise companies raising prices and nickel and diming everyone is explained as inflation but Disney doing it is considered greed or the wrong direction. Doesn't make sense to me. It is unfortunate that a middle-class family has to spend so much to be able to enjoy a nice vacation but there are ways to do things less expensive, maybe he should talk about that more often.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Hard to argue Disney is getting _too_ expensive when the parks are rammed every non-covid year. Maybe it was underpriced before somehow?
Nah. No one can argue that it isn’t getting outrageously expensive. That doesn’t mean people won’t still pay for it, even if they can’t afford it. I’m sure plenty can, but there’s also a lot of people who live beyond their means. The pricing would have to be astronomical to actually slow attendance. Doesn’t mean it isn’t expensive now or that it was underpriced before.

Hereforthesh

Chatty Member
I knew he was going to head on back there sooner or later. That's where most of his views always came from.
I'm going to try my best to continue not watching his videos, but am, for some reason, interested in his views of Tiana's Bayou Adv.
Will he love it or hate it?

I watched the video. He says that he paid about $7500 for a balcony cabin and that’s before adding on things such as WiFi, drinks, and excursions.
He had travel insurance and was able to get a full refund.
He booked a big cruise for the summer and a cruise coming up in a few weeks and paid half of what he paid to be on Icon of the Seas. The cruises will be with a new cruise line they have never tried.

I bet money is tight and the views on his Icon video would not cover even half the cost of the cruise.
Dear god please don't be on our cruise! We are cruising in a few weeks and we really don't need him on board.

You know, I've never been to Alaska, but even I know it's still too soon to go there on a cruise if you plan to enjoy yourself. It's really not that hard to find out this info. I know how to look up average temps and precipitation, look at reviews, and even search for other cruisers who have gone around the same time to see what their experience was like for starters. Someone either didn't do this, didn't look in the right places, or just did it on chance; the latter being most likely.
I'm going to defend Dev on this one. I literally just got back from Alaska yesterday and the weather was great. Wore shorts on some days and only rained the last sea day for half the day. When you book a cruise through NCL they show you basic info like precipitation and average temp. Assuming he did research (I know it's a stretch but go with me here) he would have found what I found and that is that it's hit or miss in May. He rolled the dice and lost. I rolled the dice and got lucky. The locals talked about how bad the weather was a week prior so it's interesting for me to see that in Dev's videos. The weather is unpredictable.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
It’s the “breaking news” factor for me. I think it’s gross for a theme park/travel vlogger to try to monetize a tragedy and he had to jump at the chance instead of just mentioning the incident on his regular vlog.
This and the giddiness Bianca showed when she hopped on camera to talk about it. I can see if they included it, respectfully, in one of the vlogs. Nothing wrong with that, it was a major event. But to have to rush out its own video? And have palpable excitement over being the first to “break the news?” It’s exactly like the Petito situation.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
How cold was it when he was there? I think it seems extra cold to people who are used to warmer climates. We watched people wearing hats and gloves when it was 58F out one morning on a Disney trip a few years ago…we came from snow and weren’t raven wearing jackets😂

At least now I know that we should look at summer months if we ever do an Alaskan cruise. So I guess that’s a helpful takeaway from his vlogs?

jamesmaybe

Hard to argue Disney is getting _too_ expensive when the parks are rammed every non-covid year. Maybe it was underpriced before somehow?

preener2345

Leave it to Dev to monetize a tragedy. I notice since Dev has been dating Bianca he’s only become more negative. Bianca is a negative person and it’s only made Dev more negative and bitter.

Views are down so no surprise they monetized the first tragedy.
No different than the cruise creator bunch that monetizes any event where someone falls or jumps off a cruise ship. Cruise creators even have their own thread here.

eatcherheartout

VIP Member
The cruise vlog he uploaded today was originally recorded in November 2023.
Does anyone know why he waited 5 months to upload it?

Hereforthesh

Chatty Member
You know, I've never been to Alaska, but even I know it's still too soon to go there on a cruise if you plan to enjoy yourself. It's really not that hard to find out this info. I know how to look up average temps and precipitation, look at reviews, and even search for other cruisers who have gone around the same time to see what their experience was like for starters. Someone either didn't do this, didn't look in the right places, or just did it on chance; the latter being most likely.