Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
I think it's somewhat a valid complaint though and I say somewhat because it is a lot of money for the room, they had booked so I get it but it's their newest ship and demand would be high and so would the price. Cruising is becoming very expensive. Blaming it on inflation seems misguided to me, however. The cruise companies raising prices and nickel and diming everyone is explained as inflation but Disney doing it is considered greed or the wrong direction. Doesn't make sense to me. It is unfortunate that a middle-class family has to spend so much to be able to enjoy a nice vacation but there are ways to do things less expensive, maybe he should talk about that more often.
Yeah the inflation argument isn’t accurate. Bright Suns just did a video showing the expense of WDW today v. 2017. It’s something like 45% more expensive, yet inflation is 24%. Inflation exists, but it’s not the reason for the HUGE price differences.

Reactions: 3

So…Let’s Go Eat

Chatty Member
Complaining about the cruise he never took did very well for him, over 100K views. More than Kyle or Jojo :LOL: . Why spend any money at all? Just sit in front of your Buffalo picture and complain. You're good at it.
That’s all his “content” is now. It works pretty well for him so he might as well keep complaining. 😂

• Haha

eatcherheartout

VIP Member
I watched Dev’s new video from his side channel. He says the new channel is now monetized and he thanks the viewers for tuning in.
He and Bianca were supposed to be on the second sailing of Icon of the Seas but he allegedly pushed it back because of things related to buying a home.
He disclosed that they are not paying cash for their house. He talks about how tough the market is in Florida saying that people come from out of state to buy a house with cash in hand and those are the people who will end up with the house. He goes on to say that he may wait until around November and the election to buy a house instead because the rates may be better but either way, he will no longer be taking about the process of buying a home until he actually does move because talking about it makes him feel stressed and anxious.

I’m wondering if they found a house and made an offer but the seller went with someone else who was able to offer cash instead. Dev realized this is likely to happen to him quite a bit and therefore, doesn’t want to keep talking about it.

• Haha

YesNow

VIP Member
I’m not subscribed to Dev anymore, but got a notification suggesting I would be interested in his latest content. He is sharing “terrifying” news in real time from his Norwegian Alaska cruise . I watched. Apparently a crew member lost it and was trying to stab an elderly lady in the infirmary. He has Bianca tell the story because she knows all the details. When she comes on camera, she has this big, happy grin on her face. Didn’t seemed terrified at all. I figured it was clickbait and they were going to announce their wedding date or something, but it was the actual story that he couldn’t wait to monetize. So she goes on telling the story and by the end she is practically fake crying about it and Dev needs to console her. But no worries, there is a fun excursion planned for today.

• Wow
  • Haha

ThereGoesTheMoney

Chatty Member
Yeah the inflation argument isn’t accurate. Bright Suns just did a video showing the expense of WDW today v. 2017. It’s something like 45% more expensive, yet inflation is 24%. Inflation exists, but it’s not the reason for the HUGE price differences.
Yep, they jack up the prices because they can and people still pay it.

YesNow

VIP Member
Complaining about the cruise he never took did very well for him, over 100K views. More than Kyle or Jojo :LOL: . Why spend any money at all? Just sit in front of your Buffalo picture and complain. You're good at it.

• Haha

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Are we forgetting he drove up to Gabbie Petito's house!!! This man knows no limits when it comes to sharing all for the clicks and views
I was just going to say, this gives me Gabbie Petito vibes (may that poor girl rest in peace)! The way the two of them actually came off as excited to jump on camera and share all of this??
---
Did I miss this? What does a theme park vlogger have to do with a murder case?
Pretty sure he deleted the video after a LOT of backlash.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Yep, they jack up the prices because they can and people still pay it.
Yup. Disney increased prices substantially, then eliminated services/amenities, but people just continue to pay it. Why would they do anything different? Dev’s complaining videos have become his most successful over the years. He’s not wrong about some of the points he makes, they just seemingly come from a disingenuous place.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
But the whole Universal vs WDW affordability is subjective. Do we even need to watch the video to know that he will favour Universal in all areas?
Nope. You don’t. I watched it…it’s an interesting idea, but you really can’t compare the two. I say this as someone who much prefers Universal. Disney may be more expensive, but it’s all about where people find value. For Dev, he finds value in the theme park that has HUGE things happening in a year or so, that has already included him in media for said happenings.

So when will he realise his negative attitude is not doing it for him, or is he still hoping for that clickbait views but then changes it when views die off

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Gotta be honest. If Dev rebranded to a full-on theme park tea channel, I wouldn’t be totally mad about it 😂

• Haha

HeyLetsGoState

Chatty Member
I'm sure Disney basically confirmed on an earnings call that in WDW, the once in a lifetime/longtime guests make the most money. The APs basically get their AP, then spend nothing in the parks
Logically it makes sense. If you lived within a certain radius of the park, why wouldn't you buy a pass. At that point you're not staying on property, your not using a dining plan, you're probably not even making ADRs

Reactions: 2