Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
It was never really about value. It was about what park gave him clout.
Right, that’s what I was saying. For him it’s about that, for regular travelers it’s about value. I prefer UO because the premier hotels are in our budget, there’s a lot less planning, we can walk back and forth to US/IOA, I’m a HUGE HP fan for 20 years…it just feels like we get more for our money and it’s a more relaxing vacation.

Dev should have priced out meals and snacks at Universal to add to the overall cost since they don’t have a dining plan, or he should have skipped the plan for Disney. Universal would still come out as less $$, but that doesn’t mean it’s a more valuable trip for your average family. Dev also probably has a much different definition of value than most of us 😂

Reactions: 1

So…Let’s Go Eat

Chatty Member
The cruise vlog he uploaded today was originally recorded in November 2023.
Does anyone know why he waited 5 months to upload it?
Because he already uploaded it in November but just combined it all and uploaded it again. He’s been doing this with every cruise he’s done recently.

His views have been down and it’s his full time job so he probably figured why not. He increases his revenue for something that is old and easy to edit.

Reactions: 1

eatcherheartout

VIP Member
Travel insurance doesn't cover you cancelling a cruise because you don't want to go. Unless he had cancel for any reason. Even then cancel for any reason usually only covers up to a certain percent, like 75% of the costs. He also doesn't get refunded the travel insurance costs and cancel for any reason isn't cheap.
He did state he got 100% of his money back.

So…Let’s Go Eat

Chatty Member
Looks like another Alaskan cruise for bootleg Cardi B and Crybaby Dev. What will they bitch about on this cruise?
Again? Didn’t it do horrible in views last time? May is one of the cheapest months to take an Alaskan Cruise.

Why do these vloggers do the same crap over and over again? They are all so stale lol.

I don't see an issue. They didn't say any names. They're just reporting on what happened and what they heard since they were actually on the ship when the incident occurred.

YesNow

VIP Member
I'm going to defend Dev on this one. I literally just got back from Alaska yesterday and the weather was great.
I mean, I don’t know what there is to defend. The title states that he took the cruise at the wrong time and he really didn’t need to do any extra research because he went the same exact time last year and also had crappy weather. Of course there is always a chance the weather will be great and that is what he was hoping for. I’m sure he was pissed that the following week was beautiful weather. Glad it worked out for you! :)

It seems such a waste of money doing this cruise at this time of year, I would be really pissed paying all that to have all the excursions cancelled

Yep I watched it and read some of the comments who rightly called him out for adding dining plan to Disney costs when you can't do that for Universal so unfair comparison. Also, you are not factoring in park hours which as someone pointed out both Universal parks were closing at 7pm, but on the same day MK was open to 11pm, Epcot to 9pm so you are getting longer park hours.
I did both parks last time and honestly WDW is a more enjoyable experience. You go through security once, there are few rides that force you to put belongings in a locker whereas Universal it felt like every ride you had to go to a locker, and then go through security and it was chaotic and not an enjoyable experience.
Going purely on price, yes Universal is cheaper, but I would still say WDW is the more valuable holiday UNTIL Epic Universe opens, and then it will be a real competition. But also, excited to see what that does to the prices of Universal once you have 3 parks, and whether the costs for EP will go up, and not as flexible.

Also I should note I am coming from the UK, so our park tickets are now not dated and hopper is included as is memory maker

He's been talking about being close to buying a house for a year if not more. If I remember right they put an offer on one but the seller went with an all cash offer. It sucks that investors are buying a lot of property but it is what is it.
He can't be mad or bitter if a seller takes cash. When we sold property a few years back we took a lower cash offer over a financed one. Quick $$$

preener2345

Most vloggers are SO sheltered in their central FL bubble. The occasional cruise makes them feel like worldly people. Why not actually travel the world??? I loved seeing Mammoth Club and Ordinary Adventures go to Japan! Why not find a non-Disney park in another country and go make some content?
Where the hell is he going to get money for that? Those other channels can afford to go on all those other trips because they bring in mid five-figure revenue every month. Dev certainly isn't doing that kind of cash flow...