Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

S4buk

VIP Member
I’ve never minded Paris Hilton (in comparison to the Kardashians etc..) and I’m only half way into the documentary, but, I just don’t buy a lot of what she’s saying, there’s something about her which seems so insincere and fake. I’ve also noticed her voice jumping a lot from her real voice to her ‘character’ in the narrative. Its so strange.

Reactions: 3

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
they will never convince me they can’t carry a child, its the easier option for them to rent out the womb! The ones who are ‘forthcoming’ with why they chose this route like priyanka and jaime chung are even worse 🤢
What?

'they will never convince me they can’t carry a child' - You are aware that there are women who are unable to carry children - right?!

The person being a surrogate for these rich people isnt doing it out of the goodness of their heart! for some women its the only choice they have to get a decent amount of money.
How on earth could you possibly know this? Have you spoken to every single person who has ever been a surrogate?! What a sweeping and inaccurate statement to make.

Its a disgusting new trend thats happening in hollywood but I expect nothing less these days.
'A new trend'...?
I think you should go and do some research on this before making such inaccurate statements

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

It’s pure exploitation, the women who think they are doing a good deed are being exploited too, they are flattered and given attention then almost immediately discarded.
How have you come to this conclusion?

Surrogacy is highly controversial, I wouldn’t be too quick to label people who disagree with it as “ignorant”.
I didn't label anyone as ignorant. I said that there were a lot of ignorant views on this thread.

Do you really believe that surrogacy is consistently a “beautiful experience for all involved”? You obviously haven’t read any of the studies that suggest very much otherwise, or the personal experiences of birth mother traumatised by their surrogacy experiences (and that includes educated western women, not just those being exploited for a pittance in places like India, who were “selfless”enough to offer their wombs for the benefit of another family and deeply regret it).
Yes - I do believe it can be a beautiful experience for all involved. Obviously there will be exceptions, but that's the same for everything!
Can you link some of these studies you've mentioned?

Last edited:

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Considering her history with eating disorders, you could say there is.

The piece with her mum was in November last year https://www.eonline.com/news/135465...ton-and-carter-reums-struggle-to-get-pregnant so it’s probably likely the interviewer asked as Paris had spoke previously about IVF, and her mum didn’t have any agreed lines with Paris, and obviously Paris denied it because she knew she was expecting at the time via a surrogate.
This is just pure speculation though?
I’m really just discussing the ethics of commercial surrogacy and the people who employ them.

spongo

It is important to note however that not all surrogates are in these 'baby farms,' or addicts or suffering with mental health issues. There will be extreme cases with everything.
There are also healthy, happy women that are surrogates because they choose to be.

---

I think she'll go with a place name.
Chipping Sodbury? Slough? Nizhny Novgorod?

• Haha

probecco

I actually have no issue with surrogacy. I have an issue with it becoming a rich person's trend. A baby being parted from its mother who its shared a body with for 9 months for vanity or because the mother likely didn't wanna give up the drugs? This is Hollywood guys not your mate from work.

If she had issues... Good on her, but we gonna say Kim K (her bestie who put her in touch with the team that sorted this) and Khloe K were in the same boat? All of Elon Musks partners? I think Cameron Diaz had one last year but she's in her 50's and you know what good on her cos that is surrogacy was required kinda terrority

Web30

VIP Member
That school sounds horrific. If she was that bad why didn't they move the family out of New York instead of sending her away.
(It might have been said in the documentary)

panini

VIP Member
And there are no checks or balances on who can commission a surrogate. All you need is enough money. So Jane, who is infertile and desperate for a baby and will be a wonderful mother can do it. And so can John - who likes to have sex with children (which has happened btw - more than once).
I forgot there’s checks for individuals that conceive naturally

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I’ve never minded Paris Hilton (in comparison to the Kardashians etc..) and I’m only half way into the documentary, but, I just don’t buy a lot of what she’s saying, there’s something about her which seems so insincere and fake. I’ve also noticed her voice jumping a lot from her real voice to her ‘character’ in the narrative. Its so strange.
She was also quite self pitying regarding her travelling/transient lifestyle, but no one is forcing her to live like that?

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Not really sure why you’re trying to put someone down for using a surrogate. I’ve not looked into Paris’ surrogacy and don’t know if she’s talked about why she had one but that’s such a horrible thing to say. Paris is in her 40s so maybe carrying a baby posed some risk to her health, she’s also very slim and has clearly struggled with some form of an ed most of her life so there’s a potential she has fertility issues due to that or something else. It’s always possible someone famous may use a surrogate for vanity reasons but to make a blanket statement that implies having a surrogate is lazy is quite horrible. There are women that have no choice but to use a surrogate if they want a biological child, no need to put it down as a whole. Although I’m aware being able to afford surrogacy is a privilege but none the less there may be reasons beyond someone’s control and your judgement is very harsh and unfair.
Completely and utterly agree with you.
I don't understand why women who use surrogates face such criticism.
Surely Paris - who as you said is 41 years old, deserves a chance at motherhood and if surrogacy is the route for her - that's her decision.
These general blanket statements suggesting that women do it solely for vanity reasons are so unfair.

queencarmen

VIP Member
He has to pay support, in America it’s the law with a prison sentence if you don’t, - unlike this shitty country that’s seems quite happy to let off deadbeat dads.
i cant believe how lax the UK is with child support. i just looked into it and had no idea. I always thought it was the same as america

spillallthetea

VIP Member

This just came up on insta and I wondered if it was true. Is she actually saying everything has been an act for all these years? I don’t understand why she’d need to do that…
Yes at the start of her show she talks about this- the baby voice is definitely an act and that’s her true voice in the above clip- I think the sister discusses it and says she gets it off her mam as in one scene I think Kathy’s giving out to her and she says to her stop using that baby voice with me Paris.
I’m not sure why she acted that way maybe to make her famous , she has made millions of her own money based on her persona ( dumb blonde)?

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
No shit Sherlock.
Lovely.

I mean they are basically saying that kids born to a surrogate are less likely to have mums with post natal depression? Or mums who have a bit more energy as their bodies have not been through massive trauma?
I think when quoting a study like this it is important to give a balanced view -
  • 'The differences that were identified indicated greater parental psychological well-being and greater adaptation to parenthood by mothers and fathers of children born through surrogacy than by the natural conception parents'

• 'In comparison with the natural conception families, the surrogacy mothers showed more positive parent-child relationships (higher levels of joy and competence, and lower levels of anger and guilt) than mothers with a naturally conceived child, and the surrogacy fathers reported lower levels of parenting stress than their natural conception counterparts.'

• 'The differences found between family types reflected higher levels of warmth and interaction between mothers and children in surrogacy families than in families with a naturally conceived child.'

• 'Thus the findings from the preschool phases of the study indicated more positive parent-child relationships in surrogacy than in natural conception families'

• Wow

openbook1

VIP Member
I think she has grown more mature with dignity, stepped back from the limelight to live her life and I applaud her for it. She used to be the hottest thing out there, she could easily have tried to stay relevant and clung to the Kardashian coat tails (oh how the tables have turned!) But she just privately got on with it .
Personally I have always thought she was gay, or like Kim, not really a sexual person, just someone who knows how to play to the cameras, or maybe their sex tape experiences really affected their heads.
Child hood abuse goes a long way to explain why she was manipulated into filming a sex tape with an older man
Yes, I have seen people question if she is gay too.

Just started watching it and woooow, her real voice is so different.

Her sister Nicky is very beautiful. She wasn't in the spotlight as much it seems.

Paris seems really childlike, like she never grew up.

22 minutes in and I could never be famous. Couldn't imagine anything worse than the hysterical fans. LOL.

Last edited:

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
Has anyone else got the memoir? I’m
Listening to it on Audible at the moment and I have to take breaks as it’s heavy going.

Won’t put any spoilers in but one thing I have learnt is her mum is awful and clearly is to blame for lots that Paris went through as a teen