Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bette21

Oh I might have to give this a watch at some point, I always found Paris fascinating and hilarious and awful.

Reactions: 5

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Probably won't read the book, what was released through the press beforehand was bad enough, not sure I want to have it with more details, tbh. Of course we don't know whether everything is 100% true, but she has so much money and always had it, why should she lie? A lot of perception around what happened to her changed for the better I think. She got so much grief around that sex tape but it's not like she released it.

Keikochan

VIP Member
Is it strange that the 20 eggs they got to freeze were all boys? Like 20 of them seems like a decent amount? No girls in 20 seems odd?

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I have to agree. Its hard to believe anything that comes out of a narcissists mouth tbh. She's a sweet enough girl but its all fake. Like when she said she hadn't had a holiday in 15 years but then brought a camera crew along with the fake pool and bedroom shots. Made me eye roll a bit.
I would really love to see her settle down with someone, I wonder if she ever will. It must be so hard to trust anyones genuine intentions when you are a multi millionaire.
She has gone out with plenty of men richer than her though, and they haven’t worked out either.
Also, what was with the bizarre pile of laptops and claiming she has to buy a new one every time she gets a new boyfriend as they all demand her password or hack into her laptops?!!
None of her stories made much sense at all.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
It’s brilliant. I’ve been listening to the audiobook for the past few days and it’s heavy going and pretty dark in some places but shows her strength and determination to survive.

Shows her mum in a pretty bad light too
Which is awesome because I think Kathy Hilton is everything that’s bad in the world!
Wow - I'm dying to listen nw.
Did she mention Nicole Richie/The Simple Life much?

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
Are you a feminist? I am.

One of the core beliefs of feminism is that a woman has the right to full bodily autonomy.
'My body, my choice'
Yes I am.

But I don't think my children are part of my body once born so that's a moot point.

I also don't think I should be able to sell my organs, doesn't affect my feminist credentials one iota.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
There have been baby farms busted in the far east. It is a fact and is happening right now. Women in developing countries being housed together to make babies for the rich.
Go watch the Theroux doc on it. Women in the US with addiction and mental heath issues becoming surrogates as they have no other options.

One quick google-

---

Women’s bodies have been used and abused for millennia. Now its given the hollywood sheen of respectability. As long as you have poor desperate women in this world, nothing will change. This is not the same as a family member or friend.
It is important to note however that not all surrogates are in these 'baby farms,' or addicts or suffering with mental health issues. There will be extreme cases with everything.
There are also healthy, happy women that are surrogates because they choose to be.

---

I supposed it's too much to ask that she's named him Matthew or Daniel or something isn't it 😆
I think she'll go with a place name.

Peoniesandballetshoes

Paris in the documentary and then in her wedding program showed that she is clearly still suffering the affects from her time in that horrible boarding school. trouble saying no, making decisions, hoarding childish fairytale items as they synbolise innocence and the picture perfect ideal, the hoarding of clothes, jewellery everything shows insecurity.

she hasn’t dealt with it but she has stopped and closed down the horrible abusive school and shown commitment to that so she can be admired for taking that action and making her abuse public.

I think her mum and sister ignoring her truth was heartbreaking and Kathy Hilton’s sudden personality flip to mommy older lady and agreement to be on real housewives was a PR move. She would never have done it before she just wants to clear her image. The kooky lady is not real, stories of snobbish entitled behaviour in Hilton hotels when the kids were little show she was never a nice lady. I read somewhere that Kathy used to dumb Paris on anybody when a baby and young child for hours so she could go out and continue on with her life.

Paris might be hiding the intelligent business brain but I think she is trying so hard to make money because she wants security. The use of the childish voice and five phones shows she is still hiding. I hope the new husband continues to be a barrier between her and her mum when needed.

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I mean they are basically saying that kids born to a surrogate are less likely to have mums with post natal depression? Or mums who have a bit more energy as their bodies have not been through massive trauma?
No shit Sherlock.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Error404

Chatty Member
I didn't know she had a thread

But I'll admit now, Nothing In This World is a guilty pleasure I listen too with my pods.

• Haha
  • Heart

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
I watched the documentary yesterday. She has some seriously deep-rooted issues (not surprising) and it's hard not to feel sorry for her. Her mum comes across as quite cold, as does her sister. I always thought her and her sister were close, Nicky was quite the socialite too wasn't she in the 2000s, but she comes across like she holds a lot of contempt for her sister.

Never realised how much Paris looks and sounds like Kyle Richards though! Massive similarity there.

openbook1

VIP Member
If you look at Kathy’s sister Kyles children, they are well adjusted. I think Kathy is cold. All the videoing and calling Paris ‘Star’ all the time. She couldn’t breath and expres

i didn’t expect to either but it shows you she had all that money and she’s a sad, lonely girl. I felt her sister and Mum resented her. And when she said she’ll stop when she makes a billion, that is sad too.
She seems incredibly sad. What a horrible life to have.

• Sad

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
Apparently Kathy and her sisters were raised in a very abusive household... which is maybe why she didn't show much emotion when Paris was talking about it. She is horrible, like a careless robot but I wonder if it is because that was how she was raised? There is speculation that their mother Kathleen Richards, tried to pimp the girls out. So gross.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...elling-author-reveals-reality-star-rehab.html
Wouldn't surprise me at all given what we see of Kyle and Kim.