Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

D_Wills

VIP Member
I’ve never minded Paris Hilton (in comparison to the Kardashians etc..) and I’m only half way into the documentary, but, I just don’t buy a lot of what she’s saying, there’s something about her which seems so insincere and fake. I’ve also noticed her voice jumping a lot from her real voice to her ‘character’ in the narrative. Its so strange.
I have to agree. Its hard to believe anything that comes out of a narcissists mouth tbh. She's a sweet enough girl but its all fake. Like when she said she hadn't had a holiday in 15 years but then brought a camera crew along with the fake pool and bedroom shots. Made me eye roll a bit.
I would really love to see her settle down with someone, I wonder if she ever will. It must be so hard to trust anyones genuine intentions when you are a multi millionaire.

Reactions: 6

Hunnaybadgerz

Yes big Kathy (Paris’s grandma) pimped her girls out. “House of Hilton” is a great trashy read about the family.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Extremely long time lurker here. Felt I had to jump on to this. I'm approaching mid 30s and have an extremely compromised reproductive system. I am having to jump through fire hoops to get the help that I desperately need. Chances of natural conception are low. I am hoping to have my eggs frozen soon, and surrogacy appeals to me. My older sister who has carried 3 of her own children has selflessly offered to be a surrogate if she could. My body has been through HELL most of my life, the thought of IVF is extremely triggering for me. So what do I do? Not have kids? Adopt? That can take so so long and is extremely difficult process.

I am not rich, not even close. I don't even own a house yet.

I fully agree with this Hollywood "trend" and how unacceptable it is, but don't bash all surrogacy situations because NO ONE knows what any woman/couples are going through.

Going back into the lurking shadows whilst I pray for a miracle that one day I will be a mother.
Thanks for sharing your story and proving that surrogacy is not to be demonised.
Hope everything works out for you.

• Heart

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
I would like to hear what a professional has to say about teens like Paris, who are completely out of control.

She had several issues root themselves as problems later, she was spoilt and denied at the same time. In the docu Nicky says how just about everything was forbidden, the parents were extremely strict and the girls had stricter curfews than their peers.
At the same time Paris received a credit card without a limit for her bday (16?) and shopped so much, the bills were massive, which is why Nicky got a credit card with a limit later at the same age (this was not said in the docu).

Then the home video of one Xmas, the girls are teens and Paris received a Chanel flap and dropped it like it was worthless and wouldn't really answer her dad on the video. I think that showed a lot how broken she was.

On one hand I have sympathy for parents whose kids go totally bananas off the rails and they don't know what to do.
On the other hand Kathy came off like an ass and I just think she was a shyte parent.

Paris was sent to several boot camps and she told her parents how abusive they were and she promised she wouldn't party anymore etc and they didn't listen at all and in the end sent her to Utah (the last "boarding school"/boot camp of her life, which was the most abusive).
The parents knew and yet Kathy pretends like she didn't and like some of it she's hearing for the first time. When those years were the topic, you could see how she was calculating what she'd say.
The fact that Provo kidnaps kids to get them to that school is just so fcked up I don't understand how any parent can even entertain the idea to enroll their child.
That kidnapping alone is enough to fuck up a child's relationship with their parents for life.

Provo now has kids as young as 8, I mean wtf???? Why would an 8 year old even need a "corrective" school?

I think most kids go off the rails because of shit parenting, but with some it does seem out of the blue.
Schools like these are never the answer, however.

Why didn't the Hiltons send Paris to therapy?

When she turnt 18 she was free to leave the school and I think, even though she loves to party, she did a lot of it as a "fuck you" to her parents and did things to spite them and I can't blame her at all.

I've never been a fan of Paris or any of the Hiltons, but I've found Paris and Nicky very likeable in that docu and I have tons of sympathy for Paris.

It is well worth watching.
For those who are hesitant because of the abuse and the stories around that, the docu centres around that topic later on.
The first bit is fine to watch for anyone, the abuse stories come in around.. not sure, half point?
If you look at Kathy’s sister Kyles children, they are well adjusted. I think Kathy is cold. All the videoing and calling Paris ‘Star’ all the time. She couldn’t breath and expres
I watched it the other night! I don’t believe for a second that her mum didn’t know what that place was like. I remember watching that channel 4 show years ago -brat camp? And some of the kids on that seemed utterly broken by their wilderness behaviour schools and that must have been the schools on their best behaviour for the camera crew.

I didn’t expect to feel sorry for Paris, and I didn’t actually know that the sex tape was released without her consent. Surely that’s illegal these days?
i didn’t expect to either but it shows you she had all that money and she’s a sad, lonely girl. I felt her sister and Mum resented her. And when she said she’ll stop when she makes a billion, that is sad too.

I’ve not read this whole thread (sorry!) but I do like Paris. She’s almost like a real life cartoon version herself!
However, does anyone else get a strange vibe from her husband? I’m not sure woman are his type, if you know what I mean?

nichew

VIP Member
^ i did not state that anything was fact, no idea why you felt compelled to add that as a comment.

A lot of research has been done on the impact of tearing away a child from their birth mother:

A study published in The Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry found that children born through reproductive donation have adjustment scores within the normal range, but children born via surrogacy may experience higher levels of adjustment difficulties compared to those conceived through gamete donation.

I don't doubt Paris has had trauma, who hasn't? I still think she's a spoilt vapid, brat, and buying a baby is exactly what I'd expect from her.
Not to mention the child was then handed to a nanny, and they fucked off to bed

• Angry

Oprahclear

Is the baby just in the nursery with the nanny constantly? Disgusting she’s having another baby and doesn’t even bring the one she has out his room to spend any time with him!!
Right in so confused!! She did have another baby didn't she a girl?? Why do we never see her? Ever. I came here off the back of her family day post, even the dog was there. But no 2nd kid

Peoniesandballetshoes

I agree she is 💯 afraid of Kathy, it’s a very sad watch to witness Paris apologise to her mother after she disclosed such traumatic experiences as a teenager, Kathy’s response was wild ! dismissive, no compassion shown to her daughter , was a very difficult watch. Kathy appeared to be more concerned with the information contained in the book and how this impacted on her image rather than showing any ability to reflect on how it impacted her daughter and changed the trajectory of her life. Surprised she didn’t stop it from being aired .
same thing when she presented the baby, gifting her mum stuff to help stop the angry 😡.

The husband I think handled it well when Kathy was so focused on telling Nicky and her husband didn’t care about his family or say thank you for being the first to see the baby. Self centred and completely horrible person, Kathy is so used to being number one. I think the whole family or it around her when she personally seems to be the laziest individual.

I think Paris did it with the camera so Kathy couldn't be mean.
her dad seemed genuinely happy to see the baby and that was nice but god Kathy is horrible.
I hope over time Paris is integrated to husbands family more and away from mum.

Nicky is mini Kathy. Uncaring and very judging of Paris but at least slightly better and prompting Paris to take time with the baby more. Feel that even thoughnicky had a nanny she was more hands on, Paris seems to cuddle and run, husband is there more than her.

i felt for Paris when she said she was tired at the wardrobe choosing with her mum and sister, Kathy’s welcome to the resloth comment, I have never seen you work at all kathy, you go to lunches and get photographed in your small little bubble. At least Paris travels, works on do nights, runs her domestic, merchandised etc businesses unlike you Kathy who ’helped’ your husband with the hotels when you were young, now what do you do.

Pretty sure RHOBH was for PR Post Paris documentary and now only in Paris in Love with gritted teeth, didn’t bother to visit your daughters new home for four months and then whenever it’s a conversation that isn’t about you you apply that stupid lipstick, your not fooling anyone Kathy.

Web30

VIP Member
Just started this. Loved the simple life back in the day, and follow her on insta but don't really pay attention to her. Intrested to see how this is!

queencarmen

VIP Member
Watching season 2 of Paris in love, Carter is a total creep 🤮 always lurking about controlling the whole situation. He’s defo seems like he loves being married to a celeb! When he said he was going to be a good dad to the baby… eh you don’t see your daughter!!
I thought that was gross too. How about be a good dad to the kid you already had

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
And thats before you get to the fact that pregnancy is bloody dangerous. Even if you've had other children without incident. It can lead to birth injuries in the mother. It can kill you. Which is by the by if you're doing it for yourself... but paying someone else to take those risks for you is pretty immoral imo.
On average - for every 100,000 babies born in the UK, less than 9 women die during childbirth...?
Khloe Kardashian lied about being infertile when she was married to Lamar - that family would lie about anything. Let’s face it, this is just rich women piling all the risk and consequence of pregnancy onto poor women because they live in a country that allows them to pay them to do it. This is not your sister, or your close friend, who’s had their own baby and wants to give you the chance to be a parent.
She lied about being infertile as she was afraid to have a baby with her drug addict husband who was constantly cheating on her. She lied to protect herself and also not to have to bring a baby into a toxic situation.
Trauma can begin at conception and affect the baby for the rest of their lives no matter how loving the family they are inducted into
Really? Never knew this - where is the research to back this up?

Jesus some of you need help getting off your high horses! We don't know anything about Paris. Maybe she has a health condition that makes it so she can not/is difficult for her to natural conceive a child? Even if she can conceive naturally but chooses surrogacy, WHO CARES? As long as the surrogate mother is payed for her time/effort and Paris pays for it out her own money. You claim that the babies born via surrogacy can cause trauma but don't post anything to back your claim up. Listen I'm not a big Paris fan but damn the bitterness from some of you is revolting.
Exactly! We really don't know the back story and what led Paris to make this choice. As long as everyone is happy with the situation - where is the problem?

Reactions: 5

openbook1

VIP Member
I have not paid a lot of attention to Paris as of late, she seemed to fade away from the limelight. I see she has a new documentary on Youtube where she talks about the abuse she suffered. I am going to watch it today. Anyone else?

hehehe

VIP Member
I find the kid's large head pretty adorable. My nephew had a right ol' noggin on him and he grew into it, handsome kid.

Paris remains a racist and anyone that thinks she changed just because she picked up a couple of woke buzzwords in therapy is naive.

• Heart

panini

VIP Member
Hmmm I'm thinking something more along the lines of -

Aspen
Hudson
Jackson
Rome/Rome
Milan
Orlando
Phoenix
Rio
Maybe even London
I quite like the name Tokyo. I can imagine she’s going to be quite a private mother in terms of social media etc, what do you think?

---

Funny how these women who choose to be commercial surrogates are always poorer than the commissioning parents isn’t it?
These posts are becoming such reaches. This can be said about any labour in a capitalist society unfortunately