Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eskimoman333

Why? She was never pregnant. She didn't even have sex to create the child?
Not really sure why you’re trying to put someone down for using a surrogate. I’ve not looked into Paris’ surrogacy and don’t know if she’s talked about why she had one but that’s such a horrible thing to say. Paris is in her 40s so maybe carrying a baby posed some risk to her health, she’s also very slim and has clearly struggled with some form of an ed most of her life so there’s a potential she has fertility issues due to that or something else. It’s always possible someone famous may use a surrogate for vanity reasons but to make a blanket statement that implies having a surrogate is lazy is quite horrible. There are women that have no choice but to use a surrogate if they want a biological child, no need to put it down as a whole. Although I’m aware being able to afford surrogacy is a privilege but none the less there may be reasons beyond someone’s control and your judgement is very harsh and unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

BessieNessie

VIP Member
Another rich person wanting to rent a womb!

they will never convince me they can’t carry a child, its the easier option for them to rent out the womb! The ones who are ‘forthcoming’ with why they chose this route like priyanka and jaime chung are even worse 🤢

The person being a surrogate for these rich people isnt doing it out of the goodness of their heart! for some women its the only choice they have to get a decent amount of money.

Most won’t realise the affect it could potentially have on them post birth, all the complications thay can happen, not having ‘your’ baby would be incredibly hard, and the poor babies, being taken away from the only body/sound they have known.

Its a disgusting new trend thats happening in hollywood but I expect nothing less these days.
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

It’s pure exploitation, the women who think they are doing a good deed are being exploited too, they are flattered and given attention then almost immediately discarded.

People who don’t think it’s exploitation need to ask themselves how come it’s never a wealthy woman bearing a child for a working class person? It’s always the other way around.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Does she discuss how she said black men and people in general were disgusting N******s (many times) and how gays were all filthy animals who all get AIDS or is she continuing with the victim rebrand tour and blaming it all on her abuse? Gen Z need to wake the hell up and get out of her arse hole.
She sure did. Not only did she take ownership for it, she also expressed the disgust she feels looking back -

'The N-word. The C-word. The F-word. (Not that F-word, the worse one.) I look back on some of the things I said in the years after I left Provo, in the throes of PTSD, and I'm mortified," Hilton writes. ""I'm grossed out, because that means those creepy people got inside my head. I never really left them behind."

While Hilton acknowledges where she believes the language stemmed from, which she also partially chalks up to her drinking, she is quick to say it is not "an excuse" for saying it. "Sometimes I was just wasted and being a f---ing moron," Hilton explained. "I don't remember half the stuff people say I said when I was being a blacked-out idiot, but I'm not denying it because coming out of the CDEU system, I had a severely damaged filter – except when I was buzzed and had no filter at all."

It's important to acknowledge the self growth that people go through. Dragging up comments that Paris made 20 years ago is futile, as is cancel culture.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

sumac

Cameron Diaz had her child in 2019, so would have been around 46. It doesn’t make her much older than Paris considering she’s 42 next month.

---

I’m curious for your thoughts then on women who have health problems and therefore can’t carry a baby? These are women that can produce eggs, but they can’t carry a baby due to risks to their own or the baby’s health.
It’s just sooooo unfortunate and such a coincidence, isn’t it, that all these women who can’t possibly carry their own baby for “health reasons” happen to live in one of the only countries on earth that allows for commercial surrogacy!

Look at Rebel Wilson - she wouldn’t have been able to do it in Australia. Such an incredible coincidence that someone who put lots of effort into her body and trades off how it now looks, then was medically unable to handle a pregnancy.

Of course it’s a bunch of bullshit. Khloe Kardashian lied about being infertile when she was married to Lamar - that family would lie about anything. Let’s face it, this is just rich women piling all the risk and consequence of pregnancy onto poor women because they live in a country that allows them to pay them to do it. This is not your sister, or your close friend, who’s had their own baby and wants to give you the chance to be a parent. This is a commercial transaction where one party uses their power and resources to get out of doing any of the work. Fine if you’re hiring a cleaner. Not fine when you’re creating a baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Pinkii

VIP Member
Another rich person wanting to rent a womb!

they will never convince me they can’t carry a child, its the easier option for them to rent out the womb! The ones who are ‘forthcoming’ with why they chose this route like priyanka and jaime chung are even worse 🤢

The person being a surrogate for these rich people isnt doing it out of the goodness of their heart! for some women its the only choice they have to get a decent amount of money.

Most won’t realise the affect it could potentially have on them post birth, all the complications thay can happen, not having ‘your’ baby would be incredibly hard, and the poor babies, being taken away from the only body/sound they have known.

Its a disgusting new trend thats happening in hollywood but I expect nothing less these days.

• Heart
Not really sure why you’re trying to put someone down for using a surrogate. I’ve not looked into Paris’ surrogacy and don’t know if she’s talked about why she had one but that’s such a horrible thing to say. Paris is in her 40s so maybe carrying a baby posed some risk to her health, she’s also very slim and has clearly struggled with some form of an ed most of her life so there’s a potential she has fertility issues due to that or something else. It’s always possible someone famous may use a surrogate for vanity reasons but to make a blanket statement that implies having a surrogate is lazy is quite horrible. There are women that have no choice but to use a surrogate if they want a biological child, no need to put it down as a whole. Although I’m aware being able to afford surrogacy is a privilege but none the less there may be reasons beyond someone’s control and your judgement is very harsh and unfair.
I think you might be a bit naive as to the growing culture of ‘rent a womb’ in Hollywood. Lots of rich women really don’t want to be bothered with the messy, nasty inconvenience of pregnancy and childbirth and if there’s an option to pay to avoid it and still get a baby in the end they’re happy to go down that route. I’m not suggesting that Paris Hilton is one such woman but in this day and age by no means is every single woman out there who pays for surrogacy services driven to do so due to infertility issues.

Greys1324

Chatty Member
I think it’s because she doesn’t want to get fat and she thinks she can buy anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
I agree - it's like saying 'why don't rich people work as cleaners?,' 'why don't millionaires work in Tesco?'

Such a reach.
It's not though is it. It's more like saying why are rich people never prostitutes? Why don't millionaires ever get discovered working as slaves for other rich people?

The answer is pretty obvious, but if it helps it's because people don't do these things if they have a choice. And if you're working as a surrogate (or a prostitute, or a modern day slave) it's because you have to, it's a choice yes. But a coercive one. And one which comes with high risks (which is why people don't do it if they can afford not to).

Surrogacy between family members etc is different, I still don't like it from the babies perspective, but I understand it and I suspect there's a lot less of a power imbalance between the surrogate and prospective parents so it's less morally ambiguous in that respect. Plus at least the child in those circumstances is likely to know both mothers and maintain a relationship with the woman who birthed them which negates some of the issues in commercial surrogacy.

Paris Hilton has announced that she's become a mother and is getting accolades and congratulations all over the shop. But somewhere there's an actual woman who has spent the last 9 months growing a baby, who is bleeding and lactating and suffering all of the hormonal changes that post birth mothers go through. There's no acknowledgement of her though is there, no thanks, no nothing. Because PH seems that womans womb as a product that she can buy. And now she's done her job she's of no consequence. And that's just weird and wrong. IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Zebraaah

VIP Member
What a ridiculous statement.
Surrogacy is an option for people/couples who often cannot carry a child the traditional way.

As long as the surrogate is happy and not being forced into anything - it is a beautiful and fulfilling option.

Who is being the surrogate? Poor people.
Who is buying the baby? Rich people.

It's never a free choice, it's not a beautiful thing. It's buying a person and outsourcing discomfort/weight gain /very real risk of medical danger.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

GoldSilver

VIP Member
No decent person would create a baby with the intention of taking it away from all it has ever known. The baby is used to the smell and sound of the woman that carried it. The baby will suffer emotional trauma from that (even if people prefer to bury their heads in the sand and deny this).

Wonder why loads of rich women aren’t volunteering to be surrogates.

A woman might choose to be a prostitute but I’d still think any man using her was vile. Same goes for the women paying for another woman’s body for “surrogacy”.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

vikka

VIP Member
I would like to hear what a professional has to say about teens like Paris, who are completely out of control.

She had several issues root themselves as problems later, she was spoilt and denied at the same time. In the docu Nicky says how just about everything was forbidden, the parents were extremely strict and the girls had stricter curfews than their peers.
At the same time Paris received a credit card without a limit for her bday (16?) and shopped so much, the bills were massive, which is why Nicky got a credit card with a limit later at the same age (this was not said in the docu).

Then the home video of one Xmas, the girls are teens and Paris received a Chanel flap and dropped it like it was worthless and wouldn't really answer her dad on the video. I think that showed a lot how broken she was.

On one hand I have sympathy for parents whose kids go totally bananas off the rails and they don't know what to do.
On the other hand Kathy came off like an ass and I just think she was a shyte parent.

Paris was sent to several boot camps and she told her parents how abusive they were and she promised she wouldn't party anymore etc and they didn't listen at all and in the end sent her to Utah (the last "boarding school"/boot camp of her life, which was the most abusive).
The parents knew and yet Kathy pretends like she didn't and like some of it she's hearing for the first time. When those years were the topic, you could see how she was calculating what she'd say.
The fact that Provo kidnaps kids to get them to that school is just so fcked up I don't understand how any parent can even entertain the idea to enroll their child.
That kidnapping alone is enough to fuck up a child's relationship with their parents for life.

Provo now has kids as young as 8, I mean wtf???? Why would an 8 year old even need a "corrective" school?

I think most kids go off the rails because of shit parenting, but with some it does seem out of the blue.
Schools like these are never the answer, however.

Why didn't the Hiltons send Paris to therapy?

When she turnt 18 she was free to leave the school and I think, even though she loves to party, she did a lot of it as a "fuck you" to her parents and did things to spite them and I can't blame her at all.

I've never been a fan of Paris or any of the Hiltons, but I've found Paris and Nicky very likeable in that docu and I have tons of sympathy for Paris.

It is well worth watching.
For those who are hesitant because of the abuse and the stories around that, the docu centres around that topic later on.
The first bit is fine to watch for anyone, the abuse stories come in around.. not sure, half point?

Reactions: 19

GoldSilver

VIP Member
Jesus some of you need help getting off your high horses! We don't know anything about Paris. Maybe she has a health condition that makes it so she can not/is difficult for her to natural conceive a child? Even if she can conceive naturally but chooses surrogacy, WHO CARES? As long as the surrogate mother is payed for her time/effort and Paris pays for it out her own money. You claim that the babies born via surrogacy can cause trauma but don't post anything to back your claim up. Listen I'm not a big Paris fan but damn the bitterness from some of you is revolting.
You should try and come up on the high horse. The view is obviously better up here.

Just because a woman is paid for the “use” of her body doesn’t make it ok.

Anyone that is genuinely supportive of womens rights would NOT condone surrogacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
I’m curious for your thoughts then on women who have health problems and therefore can’t carry a baby? These are women that can produce eggs, but they can’t carry a baby due to risks to their own or the baby’s health.
I feel for them because that sucks but the issue is still the same. None of what you said above makes buying a whole other person ok. And none of what you say above refers to the baby in any way. Newborns know their mother. They know her smell, her voice, her heartbeat. Removing a newborn from it's mother (the woman who carried and birthed it) is traumatic for the baby. We don't remove newborns in any other circumstance unless there is no choice because we know that it's bad for the baby. The baby has no concept of whose egg it developed from, it only knows its mother. And every argument I've ever seen for surrogacy centers the adults and their needs. Never the baby. Ever.

And thats before you get to the fact that pregnancy is bloody dangerous. Even if you've had other children without incident. It can lead to birth injuries in the mother. It can kill you. Which is by the by if you're doing it for yourself... but paying someone else to take those risks for you is pretty immoral imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

nightmareonbondstreet

So I’ve been watching Paris in love and I have to say I actually feel a bit sorry for her

1. don’t trust the husband think he’s weird - reminds me of her mother in a lot of ways
2. Her mother is literally one of the worst humans I’ve ever seen. They’re currently talking about her book and she doesn’t seem to care about her daughter being raped and having an abortion she’s more concerned that she said in the book her mother didn’t talk about things. If I found out my child had been raped and didn’t feel they could tell me I’d be beyond heartbroken but she’s not even mentioning it. The fact she tells her constantly she’s odd and compares her unfavourably to Nicky is awful.
3. I think the surrogate was partly about her mother and the fact she’d have to stop working. At this point it’s not about the money it’s just it gives her an excuse to avoid her family if she’s always busy and if she was pregnant that would have slowed down and her mother would have tried to control her.

could be completely off but that’s just my thoughts on it

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Altruistic surrogacy and commercial surrogacy are very different things though, I don’t know why posters are conflating the 2.
Commercial surrogacy (which is what we are discussing with regards to Paris, Kardashians etc) is illegal in most of Europe, for very good reason.
To those who support commercial surrogacy, at what point does it become trafficking to buy a baby? When the baby is a month old? 6 months old? A year?

• Heart

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
D
She sure did. Not only did she take ownership for it, she also expressed the disgust she feels looking back -

'The N-word. The C-word. The F-word. (Not that F-word, the worse one.) I look back on some of the things I said in the years after I left Provo, in the throes of PTSD, and I'm mortified," Hilton writes. ""I'm grossed out, because that means those creepy people got inside my head. I never really left them behind."

While Hilton acknowledges where she believes the language stemmed from, which she also partially chalks up to her drinking, she is quick to say it is not "an excuse" for saying it. "Sometimes I was just wasted and being a f---ing moron," Hilton explained. "I don't remember half the stuff people say I said when I was being a blacked-out idiot, but I'm not denying it because coming out of the CDEU system, I had a severely damaged filter – except when I was buzzed and had no filter at all."

It's important to acknowledge the self growth that people go through. Dragging up comments that Paris made 20 years ago is futile, as is cancel culture.
Well said. She took ownership of everything she’s done in her life and when you hear what she went through at the camps you can see where lots of the behaviour comes from.

• Heart

spillallthetea

VIP Member
Yes 💯 here to say Kathys behaviour is nuts!! I actually think Paris is afraid off her!! I love housewives of Beverly Hills. So im trying to think off the way Kathy was brought up because her mum was a crazy social climber. She'd have kathy having sex with a worker to teach her how to please a man etc 😳 well documented!! So how would that filter down to your 1st born daughter where you take everything out on?? Nikki got lucky being 2nd! I really think paris was typical l off your girl at 14 on the estate, emotionally abused by her mother & lashed out!! All while the mother tells everyone shes a discrace & shes needs help controlling her! Not really finding Kathy qute right now 👍
I agree she is 💯 afraid of Kathy, it’s a very sad watch to witness Paris apologise to her mother after she disclosed such traumatic experiences as a teenager, Kathy’s response was wild ! dismissive, no compassion shown to her daughter , was a very difficult watch. Kathy appeared to be more concerned with the information contained in the book and how this impacted on her image rather than showing any ability to reflect on how it impacted her daughter and changed the trajectory of her life. Surprised she didn’t stop it from being aired .

• Sad

Zebraaah

VIP Member
Completely and utterly agree with you.
I don't understand why women who use surrogates face such criticism.
Surely Paris - who as you said is 41 years old, deserves a chance at motherhood and if surrogacy is the route for her - that's her decision.
These general blanket statements suggesting that women do it solely for vanity reasons are so unfair.
The criticism is because in most countries, people think trading humans is wrong. It's that basic.
Buying people, buying body parts is wrong.