Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

henriettadubois2

VIP Member
There have been baby farms busted in the far east. It is a fact and is happening right now. Women in developing countries being housed together to make babies for the rich.
Go watch the Theroux doc on it. Women in the US with addiction and mental heath issues becoming surrogates as they have no other options.

One quick google-

---

Women’s bodies have been used and abused for millennia. Now its given the hollywood sheen of respectability. As long as you have poor desperate women in this world, nothing will change. This is not the same as a family member or friend.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15

Lady_H

VIP Member
Wow - there are some very ignorant views on surrogacy on this thread.

Surrogacy completes families. For LGBT+ couples, older couples or couples who cannot conceive the traditional way surrogacy is often the answer to years of unsuccessful attempts to create a family. And for the surrogate it is often a rewarding and fulfilling experience. Most women who choose surrogacy do so to give back to another family. It takes a selfless and compassionate person to become a surrogate. A surrogate can walk away from the experience with a deep sense of pride and satisfaction that they were able to help another family in the most selfless way possible.
Surrogacy also allows for genetic connections. Gestational surrogacy often enables one or both parents to maintain a biological relationship with their child. Surrogacy is likely to be successful. Surrogates have a proven track record of carrying healthy pregnancies, which often makes surrogacy more likely to be successful than fertility treatments for intended parents.
Surrogacy can also be a beautiful experience for all involved. It creates relationships. Many parents become close with their surrogate and her family during the process and can develop bonds that last a lifetime.
Surrogacy often ensures the parents are involved every step of the way. Intended parents are often able to be involved in their surrogate’s pregnancy, attending appointments etc. and being there for important milestones, including the birth.
You sound exactly the same as proponents of the commercial surrogacy industry with a wilful disregard of the actual lived experience of women - and babies - involved.

Surrogacy is highly controversial, I wouldn’t be too quick to label people who disagree with it as “ignorant”. Do you really believe that surrogacy is consistently a “beautiful experience for all involved”? You obviously haven’t read any of the studies that suggest very much otherwise, or the personal experiences of birth mothers traumatised by their surrogacy experiences (and that includes educated western women, not just those poor souls being exploited for a pittance in places like India, who were “selfless”enough to offer their wombs for the benefit of another family and deeply regret it).

Of course at the very bottom of the barrel in all this prioritising of “completing (rich) LGBT+ families” is the potential impact of the infant itself in this highly traumatic arrangement. But hey a gay couple or a rich person got a kid, so who cares about that.

• Heart

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
There is no evidence that she couldn’t carry her own baby either? In fact according to another poster she has denied her mothers fertility claims problems.
With regards to her not having a friend or relative to do altruistic surrogacy, maybe they looked at her disgusting record of buying and discarding pets and decided not to offer?
Having a child is not a right, no matter how badly you want one.

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
On average - for every 100,000 babies born in the UK, less than 9 women die during childbirth
And in the USA (where most of these commercial surrogacy arrangements take place) that rate is 24 in 100,000 one of the highest rates in the world. Which is terrible, and even worse if they die because they were carrying a baby because someone else really really wanted one (but not enough to do the hard work themselves obviously).

And there are no checks or balances on who can commission a surrogate. All you need is enough money. So Jane, who is infertile and desperate for a baby and will be a wonderful mother can do it. And so can John - who likes to have sex with children (which has happened btw - more than once).

It's an exploitative, cruel practice (which is why it's illegal in most countries) and it should be outlawed everywhere. For the sake of the babies who should be the most important person in the equation - but never are.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
I’ve never minded Paris Hilton (in comparison to the Kardashians etc..) and I’m only half way into the documentary, but, I just don’t buy a lot of what she’s saying, there’s something about her which seems so insincere and fake. I’ve also noticed her voice jumping a lot from her real voice to her ‘character’ in the narrative. Its so strange.
People who have been abused as children often subconsciously put on a childlike voice in situations where they are uncomfortable. She was doing it when meeting people which to me suggests she is uncomfortable. Michael Jackson was also abused as a child and had a childlike voice/weird demeanor (separate from his own abuse rumours).

Reactions: 14

Lady_H

VIP Member
As long as everyone is happy with the situation - where is the problem?
How do you know “everyone is happy with the situation?”

And more specifically, how do you know they are all happy AFTER - let alone during - the child is born, handed over and paid for?

You seem to have a rather naive perspective on things that are actually really quite complex.

Carrying a child to term, feeling that baby grow inside you, bonding (or not) with that baby, giving birth (with or without problems and/or injury), giving that baby away never to see it again, being a child that was brought into the world in this way, receiving a (no doubt desperately wanted) child that you have not carried yourself, adjusting to that child, perhaps even struggling with the realities of parenting while knowing that you chose and paid for this.

Every single part of this is fraught with emotional, physical and psychological short- and long-term implications.

The reality is a far cry from “everyone is happy, so where’s the problem”.

• Heart

BessieNessie

VIP Member
It’s incredibly sad, women treated as handmaidens. Little more than human cattle for carrying babies that are commodities for the wealthy.

This is my place

i agree, he reeks of desperation to me. he was desperate to marry her and i dont think his intentions were pure
And I read that he has another kid that he abandoned and never had anything to do with it?!

I feel sorry for Paris, she knows in her gut she's settling for him because he's approved by her parents (another pair of vile people).

A mad life and a sad existence, poor woman has been left traumatised after everything her parents put her through.

• Heart

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
So I’ve been watching Paris in love and I have to say I actually feel a bit sorry for her

1. don’t trust the husband think he’s weird - reminds me of her mother in a lot of ways
2. Her mother is literally one of the worst humans I’ve ever seen. They’re currently talking about her book and she doesn’t seem to care about her daughter being raped and having an abortion she’s more concerned that she said in the book her mother didn’t talk about things. If I found out my child had been raped and didn’t feel they could tell me I’d be beyond heartbroken but she’s not even mentioning it. The fact she tells her constantly she’s odd and compares her unfavourably to Nicky is awful.
3. I think the surrogate was partly about her mother and the fact she’d have to stop working. At this point it’s not about the money it’s just it gives her an excuse to avoid her family if she’s always busy and if she was pregnant that would have slowed down and her mother would have tried to control her.

could be completely off but that’s just my thoughts on it
Carter gives me the biggest ick. There's something very weird in the relationship between the two of them and I can't work out what it is. Like he's very enamoured with the 'Paris Hilton' about her but at the same time seems to think she's lucky to be with him. His total lack of concern or desire to do anything when Diamond Baby was missing notwithstanding the fact that he seemed to have been the one to let her out (and the fact that on social media Paris' post blamed workers in the house) seemed sociopathic. He gives me the impression he could be quite emotionally manipulative.

Kathy Hilton is a whole thing. She needs serious, serious therapy to work out why she isn't a functioning human being. At first I thought she was reluctant to deal with all of this on camera rather than in private as a family behind the scenes, but I don't think that's the case at all.

As for the surrogate, I don't think you can really forget that Paris is in her early 40s, even with the best fertility treatment and will to carry a baby yourself, age and nature is always going to be a factor. I must admit though, until I watched season 2, it never truly hit me what having a nanny and parenting means for the rich and famous. I think I'd always thought that the help allowed people to do stuff like work and travel and sleep when they needed to but that otherwise they are parenting, nope, instead it's like not even having a child yourself, more like me being an Auntie, I get to see my nieces and nephews but I hand them over when they need changing/cleaning/feeding and only see then every now and again.

Reactions: 13

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
The Chanel purse drop too was a huge indicator to me that something was wrong... I don't think she came across as spoilt in that scene but broken, it was while the abuse was happening. It was like her parents were trying to BUY her affection instead of showing her care. A lot of wealthy parents do that.

I wouldn't blame Paris if she went completely no contact with her parents... having her "kidnapped" was absolutely evil. No wonder Paris doesn't trust them. How a parent could stand by and let that happen is beyond me.

I also thought it was odd, that when Paris was talking about the abuse she suffered at the school, Nicky said "so are you going to apologise to our parents about your behaviour?" and Paris said: "no." I don't blame her. It shows how they were raised, in the sense that although Paris was talking about something so traumatic, Nicky's first thought was to apologise.

Apparently Kathy and her sisters were raised in a very abusive household... which is maybe why she didn't show much emotion when Paris was talking about it. She is horrible, like a careless robot but I wonder if it is because that was how she was raised? There is speculation that their mother Kathleen Richards, tried to pimp the girls out. So gross.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...elling-author-reveals-reality-star-rehab.html
Big Kathy seemed very odd indeed, Kyle seems to worship her but I remember when she bragged that she met Andy Warhol at Studio 54, when her mum used to take her there clubbing.
She was 11 at the time. 😢

And Kim Richards the other sister is a total mess, she basically got sold to a studio as a child star, and you know how that usually turns out.

• Wow

fluffyglitterbug

VIP Member
Just watched this.

In my late teens/early 20s the ‘new’ celeb world was emerging. We had Perez Hilton, DListed, Lindsay, Paris, Nicole, Britney...a whole new world of online gossip emerging.

I - rightly or wrongly - always thought of her as a massively rich heiress who partied her way through life and just did whatever she was doing on a whim because she could.

Having now watched this documentary I feel incredibly sad and incredibly impressed by her. It’s a life that I certainly couldn’t lead.

Aleks was just awful to her at TomorrowLand andI feel we now have some insight as to why she hasn’t settled down yet.

On a side note - I loved seeing Kim K featured when she was still Paris’ assistant / ‘friend’ 😂

Lastly - well done to Paris and her ex school friends for raising awareness of that awful institution they were sent to.

Phew - that was a lot of writing - I’m going to watch the video of Stars Are Blind to recover 🤣🤣🤣

Have to add - can we please appreciate the greatness that is ‘Nothing In This World’ 😅

Last edited:

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
Has anyone read the book yet? What's it like? Hoping to start the audio book today.
It’s brilliant. I’ve been listening to the audiobook for the past few days and it’s heavy going and pretty dark in some places but shows her strength and determination to survive.

Shows her mum in a pretty bad light too
Which is awesome because I think Kathy Hilton is everything that’s bad in the world!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

GoldSilver

VIP Member
There are some incredibly wealthy sex workers, and that is why they’re so wealthy.
There are.

But do you think the men paying these women are decent men?

I don’t. And I don’t think women paying to use other women’s bodies is decent either.

• Heart

SleepyDibillo

She’s now had baby number 2 also via surrogacy. Her reasons for choosing a surrogate this time is that her life is so public , what an odd reason to choose surrogacy.

nichew

VIP Member
Carter gives me the biggest ick. There's something very weird in the relationship between the two of them and I can't work out what it is. Like he's very enamoured with the 'Paris Hilton' about her but at the same time seems to think she's lucky to be with him. His total lack of concern or desire to do anything when Diamond Baby was missing notwithstanding the fact that he seemed to have been the one to let her out (and the fact that on social media Paris' post blamed workers in the house) seemed sociopathic. He gives me the impression he could be quite emotionally manipulative.

Kathy Hilton is a whole thing. She needs serious, serious therapy to work out why she isn't a functioning human being. At first I thought she was reluctant to deal with all of this on camera rather than in private as a family behind the scenes, but I don't think that's the case at all.

As for the surrogate, I don't think you can really forget that Paris is in her early 40s, even with the best fertility treatment and will to carry a baby yourself, age and nature is always going to be a factor. I must admit though, until I watched season 2, it never truly hit me what having a nanny and parenting means for the rich and famous. I think I'd always thought that the help allowed people to do stuff like work and travel and sleep when they needed to but that otherwise they are parenting, nope, instead it's like not even having a child yourself, more like me being an Auntie, I get to see my nieces and nephews but I hand them over when they need changing/cleaning/feeding and only see then every now and again.
It’s mad the nanny thing, in just a few hours the baby was born took away from his birthmother stright from the womb passed to Paris, then handed over to a nanny.

• Sad

SleepyDibillo

And those women would have received a life changing amount for that.
It verges into dangerous territory when a rich woman paying a poor woman a huge amount of money to essentially rent her womb is seen as ok because of the money involved.

• Heart

probecco

Not really sure why you’re trying to put someone down for using a surrogate. I’ve not looked into Paris’ surrogacy and don’t know if she’s talked about why she had one but that’s such a horrible thing to say. Paris is in her 40s so maybe carrying a baby posed some risk to her health, she’s also very slim and has clearly struggled with some form of an ed most of her life so there’s a potential she has fertility issues due to that or something else. It’s always possible someone famous may use a surrogate for vanity reasons but to make a blanket statement that implies having a surrogate is lazy is quite horrible. There are women that have no choice but to use a surrogate if they want a biological child, no need to put it down as a whole. Although I’m aware being able to afford surrogacy is a privilege but none the less there may be reasons beyond someone’s control and your judgement is very harsh and unfair.

I'm quite aware of this. Ironically I'm in fertility services myself and I'm considerably younger than Paris. Paris has had questionable treatment of her animals over the years and has supposedly pimped a lot of young (possibly underage women) out as yacht girls over the years. She can afford anything She wishes but back to the point.... she wasn't pregnant that's why noone knew....

I'm sure Paris Hilton isn't going to be sobbing into a pillow because of my comment on a Molly Mae thread.

BumbleB

I think she has grown more mature with dignity, stepped back from the limelight to live her life and I applaud her for it. She used to be the hottest thing out there, she could easily have tried to stay relevant and clung to the Kardashian coat tails (oh how the tables have turned!) But she just privately got on with it .
Personally I have always thought she was gay, or like Kim, not really a sexual person, just someone who knows how to play to the cameras, or maybe their sex tape experiences really affected their heads.
Child hood abuse goes a long way to explain why she was manipulated into filming a sex tape with an older man

• Heart