Paris Hilton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Extremely long time lurker here. Felt I had to jump on to this. I'm approaching mid 30s and have an extremely compromised reproductive system. I am having to jump through fire hoops to get the help that I desperately need. Chances of natural conception are low. I am hoping to have my eggs frozen soon, and surrogacy appeals to me. My older sister who has carried 3 of her own children has selflessly offered to be a surrogate if she could. My body has been through HELL most of my life, the thought of IVF is extremely triggering for me. So what do I do? Not have kids? Adopt? That can take so so long and is extremely difficult process.

I am not rich, not even close. I don't even own a house yet.

I fully agree with this Hollywood "trend" and how unacceptable it is, but don't bash all surrogacy situations because NO ONE knows what any woman/couples are going through.

Going back into the lurking shadows whilst I pray for a miracle that one day I will be a mother.
Thanks for sharing your story and proving that surrogacy is not to be demonised.
Hope everything works out for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Extremely long time lurker here. Felt I had to jump on to this. I'm approaching mid 30s and have an extremely compromised reproductive system. I am having to jump through fire hoops to get the help that I desperately need. Chances of natural conception are low. I am hoping to have my eggs frozen soon, and surrogacy appeals to me. My older sister who has carried 3 of her own children has selflessly offered to be a surrogate if she could. My body has been through HELL most of my life, the thought of IVF is extremely triggering for me. So what do I do? Not have kids? Adopt? That can take so so long and is extremely difficult process.

I fully agree with this Hollywood "trend" and how unacceptable it is, but don't bash all surrogacy situations because NO ONE knows what any woman/couples are going through.

Going back into the lurking shadows whilst I pray for a miracle that one day I will be a mother.
Fingers crossed for both you and your sister xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Altruistic surrogacy and commercial surrogacy are very different things though, I don’t know why posters are conflating the 2.
Commercial surrogacy (which is what we are discussing with regards to Paris, Kardashians etc) is illegal in most of Europe, for very good reason.
To those who support commercial surrogacy, at what point does it become trafficking to buy a baby? When the baby is a month old? 6 months old? A year?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Altruistic surrogacy and commercial surrogacy are very different things though, I don’t know why posters are conflating the 2.
Commercial surrogacy (which is what we are discussing with regards to Paris, Kardashians etc) is illegal in most of Europe, for very good reason.
To those who support commercial surrogacy, at what point does it become trafficking to buy a baby? When the baby is a month old? 6 months old? A year?
The issue is in a country where commercial surrogacy exists, you will struggle to find altruistic surrogates which aren’t family and friends. Why would you put yourself through carrying someone’s baby for free if you can make some money for the inconvenience?

This whole thread is based upon the assumption Paris was in a position to carry her own baby, chose not to and therefore paid for a surrogate. There is no evidence for this. The only thing we know so far is she has frozen her eggs, so it’s pretty likely that the child could be biologically hers. So allegations of buying a child are a bit of reach considering all the unknowns.

Reactions: 4
There is no evidence that she couldn’t carry her own baby either? In fact according to another poster she has denied her mothers fertility claims problems.
With regards to her not having a friend or relative to do altruistic surrogacy, maybe they looked at her disgusting record of buying and discarding pets and decided not to offer?
Having a child is not a right, no matter how badly you want one.

Reactions: 15
There is no evidence that she couldn’t carry her own baby either? In fact according to another poster she has denied her mothers fertility claims problems.
With regards to her not having a friend or relative to do altruistic surrogacy, maybe they looked at her disgusting record of buying and discarding pets and decided not to offer?
Considering her history with eating disorders, you could say there is.

The piece with her mum was in November last year https://www.eonline.com/news/135465...ton-and-carter-reums-struggle-to-get-pregnant so it’s probably likely the interviewer asked as Paris had spoke previously about IVF, and her mum didn’t have any agreed lines with Paris, and obviously Paris denied it because she knew she was expecting at the time via a surrogate.

Reactions: 1
THIS is what people should be discussing. The fact that she allegedly hoarded animals and treated them terribly and now has a child.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
THIS is what people should be discussing. The fact that she allegedly hoarded animals and treated them terribly and now has a child.
Then you’ll have a ball on the molly mae thread! She’s due this week.

• Haha
Still can’t believe she bought that dodgy dog and then was shocked that it had health issues
And I give it three months until she rehomes the cats. She’s definitely been preparing her followers in recent months with all the posts about them weeing everywhere, going in the baby’s room and jumping on things they shouldn’t be.

Considering her history with eating disorders, you could say there is.

The piece with her mum was in November last year https://www.eonline.com/news/135465...ton-and-carter-reums-struggle-to-get-pregnant so it’s probably likely the interviewer asked as Paris had spoke previously about IVF, and her mum didn’t have any agreed lines with Paris, and obviously Paris denied it because she knew she was expecting at the time via a surrogate.
This is just pure speculation though?
I’m really just discussing the ethics of commercial surrogacy and the people who employ them.

Reactions: 3
This is just pure speculation though?
I’m really just discussing the ethics of commercial surrogacy and the people who employ them.
Yep absolute speculation. But we all know what the press are like, how things are twisted and how one off the cuff remark somehow forms the basis of an entire story. It just makes no sense having the whole she is/no she isn’t struggling with fertility when it was just two months before the baby arrived. Unless she literally just somehow found and purchased a random child last week 😬

Yes, of course no one can really know what someone else is going through. However, I really don’t think that your sister offering to help you and a millionaire paying to rent another’s woman’s body are anything remotely resembling the same thing. One is down to love, the other is down to money.
I wish you luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s incredibly sad, women treated as handmaidens. Little more than human cattle for carrying babies that are commodities for the wealthy.

Reactions: 14
'Human cattle'

How overly dramatic 🙄
Not cattle perhaps but definitely not just vessels to grow a baby for someone else. The mothers DNA can be found in her child for decades after it is born (whether they are biologically related or not) and vice versa. Women are not just wombs to grow babies in. And babies are people - name another single instance where it is OK to purchase another person for your own benefit. Just one will do...

Reactions: 9
Back to Paris - what do we think she has named her baby boy?
I remember she said on the Ellen show before that if she had a girl she would name her London Marilyn - so I am dying to know what she has picked for her baby boy

There have been baby farms busted in the far east. It is a fact and is happening right now. Women in developing countries being housed together to make babies for the rich.
Go watch the Theroux doc on it. Women in the US with addiction and mental heath issues becoming surrogates as they have no other options.

One quick google-

---

Women’s bodies have been used and abused for millennia. Now its given the hollywood sheen of respectability. As long as you have poor desperate women in this world, nothing will change. This is not the same as a family member or friend.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Back to Paris - what do we think she has named her baby boy?
I remember she said on the Ellen show before that if she had a girl she would name her London Marilyn - so I am dying to know what she has picked for her baby boy
I supposed it's too much to ask that she's named him Matthew or Daniel or something isn't it 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7