Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They often refer to a really bland guest who was really dull and hard work to interview - who do you guys think it is?

I Haven’t Listened from the beginning and while I do go back occasionally and pick random old ones there arequite a few early ones I haven’t done yet!
i really want to know this too! I know they thought Russel Kane was a knob.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m sure we’ll find out one day who the boring guests were! 😆.

I found the random boxers boring - think there’s been more than one that’s stood out as gawd awful. Tom Daley I can’t stand so skipped his. Joe Wilkinson was so boring i thought and I felt like Rob and Josh were fake laughing at his boring jokes. He hardly spoke about parenting.
And obviously Joe Wicks was terrible. Russell Kane I really like but I can see why his episode wouldn’t be liked, he’s so smug about his newborn sleep routine working perfectly. So judgey.

Reactions: 5
I’m sure we’ll find out one day who the boring guests were! 😆.

I found the random boxers boring - think there’s been more than one that’s stood out as gawd awful. Tom Daley I can’t stand so skipped his. Joe Wilkinson was so boring i thought and I felt like Rob and Josh were fake laughing at his boring jokes. He hardly spoke about parenting.
And obviously Joe Wicks was terrible. Russell Kane I really like but I can see why his episode wouldn’t be liked, he’s so smug about his newborn sleep routine working perfectly. So judgey.
I didn't understand the point of Joe Wilkinson I must admit.

Stepson was already an established adult when he started dating his mother...

It gave off "we're running out of mates to ask so we'll take any tenuous link to parenting we can get" to me.

Reactions: 10
I only listened to the Russel Kane one recently but I’ve heard him before on Kate Lawler’s podcast. He’s so smug. It’s a shame they didn’t have a second kid so they could put to the test whether the sleep was all his routine. I’m convinced baby sleep is 90% luck.
My favourite interview episodes are the ones where they interview one half of the couple and then the other half a few weeks later. E.g Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont and the Ramsey’s

Reactions: 8
I only listened to the Russel Kane one recently but I’ve heard him before on Kate Lawler’s podcast. He’s so smug. It’s a shame they didn’t have a second kid so they could put to the test whether the sleep was all his routine. I’m convinced baby sleep is 90% luck.
My favourite interview episodes are the ones where they interview one half of the couple and then the other half a few weeks later. E.g Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont and the Ramsey’s
Having listened to him on a few different podcasts I reckon that's exactly why he didn't have another. He's banged on and on about it so much he'd have been fucked if he had one that refused to sleep. He was so ott about it. Imagine forcing a newborn to be awake all day.

I really hated the Seann Walsh episode, he brought out the worst in Rob, they were so laddy and picking on Josh! I’m not looking forward to his return episode at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I like this Fin guy he seems nice.

Russel Kane was awful can't remember if I listened on this one or happy mum happy baby but I'm sure he says the same thing each time.

I like this Fin guy he seems nice.

Russel Kane was awful can't remember if I listened on this one or happy mum happy baby but I'm sure he says the same thing each time.
I liked Fin too, and thought there was good banter between the three of them despite the sensitive subject. A really good episode IMO

Reactions: 7
Listened to Tuesdays episode in the car today. So funny! The chat about the audience at barnard castle 🤣 and them just pissin themselves, loved it. And listener correspondence was very good this week. Cheered me up on the morning commute!

I do wish they’d come to Scotland on their tour as they’ve just completely left us out. I sometimes think comedians are scared to tour in Glasgow (unless you’re Kevin Bridges, who moves into the hydro for a full month 🤣).
Just reading back on this thread (only just found it!) and my email was actually read out on this episode….I’m the one who’s son calls shorts open trousers 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Listened to Tuesdays episode in the car today. So funny! The chat about the audience at barnard castle 🤣 and them just pissin themselves, loved it. And listener correspondence was very good this week. Cheered me up on the morning commute!

I do wish they’d come to Scotland on their tour as they’ve just completely left us out. I sometimes think comedians are scared to tour in Glasgow (unless you’re Kevin Bridges, who moves into the hydro for a full month 🤣).
Big Kev.I.N might as well shift his mortgage to the hydro 😂

Reactions: 3
I’m so pleased I found you people!! I also thought Russell Kane came across as a right smug twit. Shame, cos I like him on the telly

Was anyone else surprised to see in the DM that Tom Daley had another baby this week but didn’t mention it in the podcast 2 weeks ago?!

Was anyone else surprised to see in the DM that Tom Daley had another baby this week but didn’t mention it in the podcast 2 weeks ago?!
It could also have been recorded months ago when the pregnancy was relatively new, or maybe he didn’t want to talk about it just in case something went wrong?

I must be too close to the podcast because thst was my first thought too "oh I bet Rob and Josh are fuming they didn't get the scoop they were expecting another one".

I may need to take a step back 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.