Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just canā€™t believe he left his shopping out for hours and hours on his heated kitchen floor! He better get used to having the shits if he eats all that food šŸ˜‚ It was hilarious though.
I thought that! No wonder he's got the runs if he's always eating half defrosted food!

I enjoyed how ridiculously middle class it was, his Occado delivery can't go away because his COOK ready meals are filling up the freezer!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought that! No wonder he's got the runs if he's always eating half defrosted food!

I enjoyed how ridiculously middle class it was, his Occado delivery can't go away because his COOK ready meals are filling up the freezer!
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I thought the same! Itā€™s an insight into the middle class London life that I am not part of. I do love Joshā€™s stories where everything goes to tit, Iā€™d rather hear that than boasting about how great his life is.

Reactions: 7
Rob is on the saving grace podcast this week if anyone wants a listen. Iā€™m saving Tuesdays episode and that one for my walk tomorrow.

Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve not heard of that one - is it worth a listen?
I quite like her, sheā€™s a young Tik Tok famous presenter, sheā€™s done some good episodes with Alison Hammond and the guys from The Traitors but most of the time I have no clue who most of her guests are! I think it will be worth a listen.

Reactions: 1
Absolutely enjoyed the Gandy episode. Wasn't expecting him to have this much of a personality to be fair.
---

I quite like her, sheā€™s a young Tik Tok famous presenter, sheā€™s done some good episodes with Alison Hammond and the guys from The Traitors but most of the time I have no clue who most of her guests are! I think it will be worth a listen.

Just listening now. She's asked who the worst guest was... Rob 100% side stepped the question by changing the subject. Hoping she picks it back up again and asks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Rob is on the saving grace podcast this week if anyone wants a listen. Iā€™m saving Tuesdays episode and that one for my walk tomorrow.
Thanks Iā€™ll listen to that on my walk today. Been running out of podcasts to listen to, Thursday is my lull day, podcast wise.

I just listened to the Saving Grace ep, it was funny. But he still didn't say who worst guest is!

Thanks Iā€™ll listen to that on my walk today. Been running out of podcasts to listen to, Thursday is my lull day, podcast wise.
Taskmaster podcast is good for a Thursday! I guess you need to be a Taskmaster fan though ā€¦

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve just finished listening to todays episode and I liked it. I like Sam and Billie though but I think even those who arenā€™t keen wonā€™t mind it!

Iā€™ve just finished listening to todays episode and I liked it. I like Sam and Billie though but I think even those who arenā€™t keen wonā€™t mind it!
So I posted before I actually listened & I actually liked it! I'm not a fan of them at all but was a good listen.

I have never watched TOWIE or their new show but I thought the ladies seemed nice. I am however shocked at how they have monetised their family life in such a way, I cannot imagine living with a camera crew in my house 4 days a week and on holidays! How fucked up for their kids. And I know they said the kids love it but they are too young to give informed consent, they donā€™t really understand the implications of having their childhood broadcast on national tv. Are the children earning a wage? Because it seems there wouldnā€™t be a show without the kids so they should be getting paid.

It broke my heart when one of them said ā€œIf me and my husband are in the kitchen talking to camera, the kids come through because they want to perform/be on cameraā€ - no they donā€™t love, they want their parents to pay them attention! Those kids are going to need a lot of therapy when theyā€™re older. It is even sadder that this life is all those kids have ever known. I am just a bit disgusted by it all tbh and I judge Rob for trying to justify it (I feel Josh was more passive and suspect he disapproves also).

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I have never watched TOWIE or their new show but I thought the ladies seemed nice. I am however shocked at how they have monetised their family life in such a way, I cannot imagine living with a camera crew in my house 4 days a week and on holidays! How fucked up for their kids. And I know they said the kids love it but they are too young to give informed consent, they donā€™t really understand the implications of having their childhood broadcast on national tv. Are the children earning a wage? Because it seems their wouldnā€™t be a show without the kids so they should be getting paid.

It broke my heart when one of them said ā€œIf me and my husband are in the kitchen talking to camera, the kids come through because they want to perform/be on cameraā€ - no they donā€™t love, they want their parents to pay then attention! Those kids are going to need a lot of therapy when theyā€™re older. It is even sadder that this life is all those kids have ever known. I am just a but disgusted by it all tbh and I judge Rob for trying to justify it (I feel Josh was more passive and suspect he disapproves also).
I too wondered if the kids get paid & it's put into a trust fund. As you say they are too young to consent

Reactions: 5
I have never watched TOWIE or their new show but I thought the ladies seemed nice. I am however shocked at how they have monetised their family life in such a way, I cannot imagine living with a camera crew in my house 4 days a week and on holidays! How fucked up for their kids. And I know they said the kids love it but they are too young to give informed consent, they donā€™t really understand the implications of having their childhood broadcast on national tv. Are the children earning a wage? Because it seems there wouldnā€™t be a show without the kids so they should be getting paid.

It broke my heart when one of them said ā€œIf me and my husband are in the kitchen talking to camera, the kids come through because they want to perform/be on cameraā€ - no they donā€™t love, they want their parents to pay them attention! Those kids are going to need a lot of therapy when theyā€™re older. It is even sadder that this life is all those kids have ever known. I am just a bit disgusted by it all tbh and I judge Rob for trying to justify it (I feel Josh was more passive and suspect he disapproves also).
Rob is a bit of a hypocrite as heā€™s commented on the Saccone Jolys before on how they film everything and it didnā€™t sound like he approved. I think the fact he keeps his own girls private tells you what he really thinks. But he likes to brown nose his guests šŸ˜‚ itā€™s just Rob. Josh will have been quietly judging as he knows Rob will do the arse licking šŸ˜œ

Reactions: 12
Josh sounded like he thought the whole thing was awful but obviously couldnā€™t say that. Rob really disappoints me as he guards his own kidsā€™ privacy so well but then cheerily chatted to them about exploiting their kids since birth. I found some of what they said about their lives with the cameras really upsetting actually. Poor children.

Itā€™s the first episode of the podcast Iā€™ve ever found uncomfortable listening (although I admit Iā€™m not planning to listen to Seann Walsh) and seemed to be a real contradiction of the ethos of it. Rob did try to make it sound like the kids are incidental to the programmes they do but thatā€™s not true and anyone whoā€™s ever seen them will know that.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.