Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sam and Billie are terrible parents and exploit their kids from when they are born. Before that even. Oh and Greg is rumoured to be a ticket tout so that’s what the work Billie alluded to is

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I haven’t listened to the new ep and not sure I will now! I completely agree about Sam and billie. They have exploited all of their children from the moment of conception with reality shows about their pregnancies. Their show was literally called mummy diaries ffs so it’s not like they are filming a reality show about themselves and their children just happen to be there. And of course the children will say they love it but they don’t know any different I’m sure they would love a life without cameras in their faces 24/7 too.
Rob annoys me sometimes with the way he sucks up to the guests, he was like it with Stacey Solomon too who is just as bad as billie and Sam.
I’m sure on earlier episodes they were slagging off the mummy diaries show!

Reactions: 9
When Rob was talking about on of the daughter’s 16th birthday being “great material for the show” my heart broke - imagine thinking of your kids birthday as a storyline to cash in on!

Reactions: 7
I thought the bit when Billy cheerfully said that strangers come up to her Nelly and ask her for selfies was horrible. That’s so wrong.

Reactions: 13
I thought the bit when Billy cheerfully said that strangers come up to her Nelly and ask her for selfies was horrible. That’s so wrong.
that’s horrible. I can’t imagine asking a child for a picture, or putting my child (who’s non existant 😂) in that situation. Although I have a rule with meeting celebs (mainly sportspeople, because of where I go) is that if they’re in club/country gear then I’ll ask them for pictures/stop for a chat cos I’m known to some of them (being tall and ginger helps…and gobby on social media 🤦‍♀️) but if they’re just cutting about their daily business or with their family then I leave them to it.

When Rob was talking about on of the daughter’s 16th birthday being “great material for the show” my heart broke - imagine thinking of your kids birthday as a storyline to cash in on!
I thought exactly this, poor girl. Today's episode was so boring. Couldn't care less about Billie & Sam

Reactions: 5
I haven’t listened to the episode but that is hideous

I have very strong feelings about children and their exposure on social media/mainstream media , even more so since I became a parent myself

it feels a bit off brand for the two comedians who don’t share photos , or in robs case their names , of their kids to have someone like that on . As others have said it would be like him having Chris Ingham and Jonathan Joly on the pod . I don’t like how Rob can be with guests sometimes , it feels a bit brown nosey as others have said

but I don’t think they have much say or input on the guests . As they said Alex Jones had said to Rob on the one show she was going to be a guest and he had no idea . So 🤷🏻‍♀️ must be a hard thing to navigate I guess !

Reactions: 2
C2932F44-F3BD-413F-B5B7-9B53118E27D2.jpeg

One of Robs kids might be called ‘Zoe’.. had this on my camera roll for a while and want to delete it so thought I’d post it😂

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else get irrationally annoyed by the nappy advert they do, purely because they focus on how expensive nappies are and how you can save money buying those ones… they’re a pair of millionaires so it just comes across so disingenuous!

Reactions: 1
Haven’t listened to today’s full episode but listened to the intro/banter bit and it seems a bit of a contrast to the fact they were joking about a nonce button to protect their kids on online games. That made me laugh out loud as I was walking past someone in town and I must have looked like a nutter 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else get irrationally annoyed by the nappy advert they do, purely because they focus on how expensive nappies are and how you can save money buying those ones… they’re a pair of millionaires so it just comes across so disingenuous!
We know Josh’s fam gets Ocado deliveries and odds are Lou does home delivery too, or at least when the girls were young and her husband was here there and everywhere for work.
Fair enough. In the first months of having a baby I cba trekking to the shops either. But Lidl famously doesn’t deliver 🤦🏽‍♀️

Personally I've never noticed that one. Most things we're advertised on podcast or instagram aren't actually used by those advertising it.
I'd say I'm the other way, I found it more jarring when they were advertising lapland

Defo more adverts now they’re on Spotify. It’s cringe. But I suppose they all do it. Just need to put up with it as no way am I paying!

It’s weird because you pay for Spotify Premium to get rid of adverts between songs but they’re still all over the podcasts. Is there another level you pay for to get rid of those? I don’t begrudge it in general - I listen to a lot of podcasts and music and only pay £10 a month for premium so wouldn’t expect everything. It does just feel like certain podcasts (like this one) have soo many.

Reactions: 3
It’s weird because you pay for Spotify Premium to get rid of adverts between songs but they’re still all over the podcasts. Is there another level you pay for to get rid of those? I don’t begrudge it in general - I listen to a lot of podcasts and music and only pay £10 a month for premium so wouldn’t expect everything. It does just feel like certain podcasts (like this one) have soo many.
I have premium- you can just swipe through the ads. You’re right though, strange that they appear on podcasts when we’re paying to not have them in the music

I don't have premium and I get no ads. It breaks like it should be an ad but comes back as quick🤷‍♀️

I have premium and don't hear any ads!
I've been paying for premium for over 10 years now and listen to all my podcasts on Spotify and the adverts have always been there.

Haven't noticed any extra since this one went Spotify exclusive either, just the same amount and just as annoying as ever. I just fast forward them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.