Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to the Denise welch episode as I'm a big 1975 fan and found it really interesting and have listened to a few more episodes since.
There have been a few people I've listened to who I'm indifferent to but have found really interesting, Denise Welch was one of those. I could have listened to her for longer actually. Which I hadn't been expecting beforehand.

For Rob and Josh being comedians and Rob particularly being a bit of a "lad" in some respects, I really like how they sound genuinely interested in their guests and their stories, and don't shy away from talking about the difficulties of certain birthing stories either.

Reactions: 10
The one word answers could be that boxer but I dunno if he was one word answers or just plain rude I dunno it was uncomfortable.

It's so weird, so I started listening start of this year so I'm working slowly through the back catalogue (I'm up to summer 2020 I think). Anyway this weeks podcast they were going on about Josh sleeping under the duvet and Rob literally reacted the exact same way to this revelation in summer 2020 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway I love Rob and josh, especially Josh, I'm slightly IN love with him lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I do think that Rob sometimes delights too much in Josh's difficulties. It feels pretty mean and unsupportive especially as Josh has clearly been really struggling quite seriously recently. He laughs just a little too much and for a bit too long IMO.

Reactions: 4
Oh no, if it's the interview podcast today thats going to confuse me all week 🤣 I hope it's good, I always assume the worst when it's sportsmen but happy to be proven wrong

Reactions: 1
Really disappointed they’re moving to exclusively be on Spotify. I have Spotify, I like Spotify, but for music. I only listen to podcasts on the Podcast app so that’s me done! I can see they’re already getting a lot of grief in the comments 😂

Reactions: 3
I was just reading about Gizzi Erskines podcast that was an exclusive Spotify original. Spotify removed them and replaced them with saffron barker 🥴 Hope PH doesn’t go the same way. Can just imagine two random influencers with no kids taking over 😂 I don’t think I’ll continue listening. I only really listen in the car and it just automatically connects and plays my latest podcasts.

Reactions: 2
Spotify and a sports person on a Tuesday podcast. Don't think I can cope today😂

• Haha
The whinging about moving to Spotify is cracking me up this morning 🤣🤣🤣
I was just reading about Gizzi Erskines podcast that was an exclusive Spotify original. Spotify removed them and replaced them with saffron barker 🥴 Hope PH doesn’t go the same way. Can just imagine two random influencers with no kids taking over 😂 I don’t think I’ll continue listening. I only really listen in the car and it just automatically connects and plays my latest podcasts.
I suspect they are much more savvy and better advised than Gizzi so will probably have something in place contractually re: IP.

Reactions: 1
Can’t believe how many people are moaning about something free, still being free, just in a slightly different location! Such an inconvenience for the poor lambs who need to download Spotify. And if they don’t think it’s worth the hassle, just listen to something else. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
So got the book now! Yay!

They mention that they interviewed Miles Jupp but couldn't release it because it was so bad quality? Could that be the "worst interview" they meant? Unless I'm completely ahead of myself (this revelation only being page eight and all haha).

So got the book now! Yay!

They mention that they interviewed Miles Jupp but couldn't release it because it was so bad quality? Could that be the "worst interview" they meant? Unless I'm completely ahead of myself (this revelation only being page eight and all haha).
Ooh could be! I hope not though, I like him!

I got the book on audible but haven't started listening yet

Ooh could be! I hope not though, I like him!

I got the book on audible but haven't started listening yet
I'm just reading some now, and I've properly been laughing out loud at bits. I keep reading it in their voices and almost wish I'd gone for the audio book for that reason.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am thus far!

• Heart
I listen to most of my podcasts through Spotify I don’t see what the issue is it was a free podcast it is STILL a free podcast !
I downloaded Spotify last night for the gander coz I use pocketcasts usually. Found me some new podcasts that I couldn't get before so I'm not complaining 😂

• Haha
I think the problem is that as the podcast gets more successful, and they get wealthier, it becomes harder for the parenting talk to remain relatable. Their lives are already very privileged; kids in private school, multiple holidays and so on.

I think the problem is that as the podcast gets more successful, and they get wealthier, it becomes harder for the parenting talk to remain relatable. Their lives are already very privileged; kids in private school, multiple holidays and so on.
There could be some truth in that but then I also think not everything has to be relatable to be enjoyed. I love listening to the podcast and find it funny and easy to listen to but I can’t relate to the parenting as I find the way they pander to their kids and the drama they make over everything a bit pathetic !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.