Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't have periods generally, I've been on mirena or the implant for years (other than coming off to have children) and when on it I don't have periods. This was the case for a year from my latest mirena to my 1st vaccine - no period. However after my 1st and 2nd vaccine I had random days of bleeding, perfectly normal "period" flow but a day here and there. I'm now 10 days after my booster and my boobs are so sore, I know I'm heading for another period. Not painful as such but it's definitely affecting me!

Reactions: 1
I’m due to get my first vaccine next week (yes I’m unhabbed up till now please no hate) one of my main concerns is my periods and mood being affected I already have severe pms and awful painful and heavy periods :( dreading them getting worse or having a few bad months? Does anyone know why it even affects our periods? I don’t want to put my body under stress and suffering :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m due to get my first vaccine next week (yes I’m unhabbed up till now please no hate) one of my main concerns is my periods and mood being affected I already have severe pms and awful painful and heavy periods :( dreading them getting worse or having a few bad months? Does anyone know why it even affects our periods? I don’t want to put my body under stress and suffering :(
This is one of main reasons i havent had it too. I think people think its a petty reason but for us who suffer and take serious pain relief / suffer anaemia i think its a fair concern when theres not enough known yet, im scared it will affect them worse and wont return

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is one of main reasons i havent had it too. I think people think its a petty reason but for us who suffer and take serious pain relief / suffer anaemia i think its a fair concern when theres not enough known yet, im scared it will affect them worse and wont return
I get awful anemic too well never been tested but feel like all the life has been sucked out of me for about three days after my period makes me feel like a walking zombie with no nutrients left in me :( I also worry because I haven’t had kids yet I’m nearly 29 so already leaving it late :( single still… don’t want it to affect that etc

• Heart
Don't let anyone make you feel bad. if you want the vaccine, get it, if you don't want it then don't get it.
So many hurting right now and most don't even know there is a reporting system. I see so many saying proberbly nothing to do with the vaccine its proberbly just a coincidence. So many coincidences though 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Don't let anyone make you feel bad. if you want the vaccine, get it, if you don't want it then don't get it.
So many hurting right now and most don't even know there is a reporting system. I see so many saying proberbly nothing to do with the vaccine its proberbly just a coincidence. So many coincidences though 🤔
I know people who have had heavy bleeding/periods every other week since 💉 when i say have u reported yellow card scheme/ considered it as side effect they wont even acknowledge it as a possibility 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
I know people who have had heavy bleeding/periods every other week since 💉 when i say have u reported yellow card scheme/ considered it as side effect they wont even acknowledge it as a possibility 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think for me this is the major issue. It’s totally ignored. If they acknowledged it and said yes, your cycle may change but our research has shown this is temporary and not affecting fertility etc then people would be happier. But it’s totally ignored. It’s this going to cause people long term health issues? We just don’t know and as ever, women and periods seem to be an ignored topic.

Reactions: 7
I think for me this is the major issue. It’s totally ignored. If they acknowledged it and said yes, your cycle may change but our research has shown this is temporary and not affecting fertility etc then people would be happier. But it’s totally ignored. It’s this going to cause people long term health issues? We just don’t know and as ever, women and periods seem to be an ignored topic.
Exactly 100%, ive seen insta doctors do vids promoting the vax saying 'its perfectly safe' but not going into detail or addressing anyone's legitimate concerns ☹

hubby just sent me this. Makes for interesting reading. Certainly something that needs more investigation.

My periods are still heavier and longer than ever before but more predictable. I’ve decided that for me, the booster isn’t a sensible option. I’ve done my first two…. When does it end otherwise?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve come on over from the TTC thread.
Shortly after my second jab in August I had a 2 week period, I had come off the pill a few months prior with a few normal cycles before the jab. I’m not 100% sure if it was my hormones still evening out or the jab, but I’ve never in my life had a 2 week period, not even as a teenager! I considered calling the GP for some advice at one point but it did eventually stop.

Im now undecided about the booster as I don’t want the same to happen again + we’re trying to conceive. I’m trying my best to dodge all the ‘have you had your booster yet’ questions from friends, family, work colleagues (especially male!) as I don’t really want to go in to detail about my periods and monthly cycle!!

I’ve come on over from the TTC thread.
Shortly after my second jab in August I had a 2 week period, I had come off the pill a few months prior with a few normal cycles before the jab. I’m not 100% sure if it was my hormones still evening out or the jab, but I’ve never in my life had a 2 week period, not even as a teenager! I considered calling the GP for some advice at one point but it did eventually stop.

Im now undecided about the booster as I don’t want the same to happen again + we’re trying to conceive. I’m trying my best to dodge all the ‘have you had your booster yet’ questions from friends, family, work colleagues (especially male!) as I don’t really want to go in to detail about my periods and monthly cycle!!
I’d maybe call your doctor anyway and explain this and see what their advice is? Explain you’re TTC. I know 5 women personally who are double jabbed, but are hesitant about receiving the booster, after hearing about period issues after it. Especially as reports are saying the protection of the booster only lasts 8-10 weeks. It’s very difficult when people ask you questions. It’s really noone’s business, but if you say that, they assume you’re an “anti vaxxer”. I’d advise calling your doctor or reading up on the yellow card scheme and making an informed decision yourself. Unfortunately there’s scaremongering from both sides, it’s a matter of trying to stick to the regulated advisory’s and making a decision that’s best for you right now. Hope you’re ok x

Reactions: 5
I’m finding it difficult to make decisions that are right for me but also so I’m doing my bit to protect others. However I did go for my booster last week even though I was hesitant. My periods are all over the place still but I figured they’re already messed up anyway. It’s so difficult and worse because period problems are just not acknowledged.

I had my booster on Sunday (pfizer, same as my vaccine and had no side effects whatsoever with first 2 jabs) but yesterday, I went for a wee and there was blood when I wiped (sorry if that’s tmi) but it wasn’t like a proper period, and before the end of the day, it had faded away. I’m on the depo injection and haven’t had a period for years. However, I am due my next injection next week, so could have been spotting because I was due my next one. Just a bit of a coincidence, maybe. 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I was feeling very shivery and unwell for a couple of hours during the day.

Second cycle since having my booster and it’s came 5 days early, didn’t have usual warning signs except for acne and tiredness. I can say now there is a massive difference to my cycles now, this one is so heavy and I usually have heavy periods anyway so it’s a bit of a shock. I feel so exhausted for no reason, I managed to still go to the gym yesterday but was worried about leaking, luckily nothing happened but when I got home oh my it was bad.

Luckily not in the amount of pain I was last time, I would say I regret taking the booster but I don’t like dwelling on things I can’t control anymore for the sake of my sanity. I just hope nothing else changes or happens, I’ve also noticed (TMI I’m so sorry) that it smells a lot worse when changing a pad. This might be diet or iron related though so I don’t want to say it’s the vaccine on that one.:cry::unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
mine was the opposite! really noticed it after 2nd astrazeneca dose as i was on 20mg provera / day for heavy periods due to PCOS (i think its a relatively high dose?) and in the week break i'd hardly bled for the past 18 months. dose 2 in may and suddenly would bleed before the break, (tmi warning) a lot of discharge and clots which was my usual experience before meds. it was also two weeks on two weeks off before meds and it started to look a lot more like that post vax even though my dose hadn't changed. mentioned it in passing to gynae in july and they said it might be weight gain so dose less concentrated / effective - lost weight from july onwards and my periods remained heavy. can't really comment on third dose (pfizer) as im now on progesterone only pill so no bleed but discharge is still noticeably different. also apologies for the essay!

also just found this thread! https://tattle.life/threads/painful-period-after-covid-vaccine.21864/
just adding to this:
spotting / light bleed at end of december even through a double pill dose - would've been first full cycle since my pfizer booster at the end of november. a lot of cramps and discharge too. kind of tmi but kind of period symptom related - i'm not a regular pooper but was going 6x as often in the week after my booster!
myself and my mum have both had tender breasts - i've gone up a band and cup size even though i've been losing weight. this also happened to friends who got two pfizer doses as their main jab and i've read a lot of anecdotal evidence online. mum had a total hysterectomy nine months ago so no periods but is on oestrogen patches. this is the first time tenderness has happened since her op so the jab is the only difference since!

Last edited:
ive had the booster and dont regret it at all but have nonhad my period for over 2weeks, never happened before, i feel so exhausted

Not had a period since having covid and it’s now 2 weeks late! Could it just be because I was ill? Always have a 28 day cycle and never been late like this before

I spoke to my doctor today and he said that apparently at least 10% of women have had effects on their cycle after the vaccines and they have no idea why

I had my booster on Sunday (pfizer, same as my vaccine and had no side effects whatsoever with first 2 jabs) but yesterday, I went for a wee and there was blood when I wiped (sorry if that’s tmi) but it wasn’t like a proper period, and before the end of the day, it had faded away. I’m on the depo injection and haven’t had a period for years. However, I am due my next injection next week, so could have been spotting because I was due my next one. Just a bit of a coincidence, maybe. 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I was feeling very shivery and unwell for a couple of hours during the day.
I had exactly the same thing - bit of spotting that didn't last 24 hours and felt rough, but was then back to normal (I am not on contraception though)