Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After about 4 months my periods and pms have finally started to settle down.. it’s been horrendous. I won’t be getting a booster jab if offered one down the line for this reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
After about 4 months my periods and pms have finally started to settle down.. it’s been horrendous. I won’t be getting a booster jab if offered one down the line for this reason.
Had mine September and my periods are still up and down. Sometimes its full on agonising pain and heavy bleeding, or not, and I'm just over it, I'm 100% not having the booster, I've had the main 2.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m sorry to jump in - I will go back and read the thread this evening but I just wanted to share my experience to see if anyone else has had the same changes.

Before my vaccine I never experienced more than half a day of PMS. Now I’m having at least two weeks of incredibly low moods, almost feeling depressed before my period, the days before are horrific. I’ve searched for other reasons as to why I feel like this but I can’t find any, I’m happy with my life and it shifts once my period is here. This month my boobs were incredibly sore too, a symptom I haven’t had for years.
This is exactly how I’ve been feeling! At first I put it down to postpartum hormones (I had a baby at the start of may, then had my 1st jab a week later) I’m starting to think it’s vaccine related now.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I am 33 and I have had 3 covid vaccines. I had my booster on November 5th and since then I have had a haywire cycle.
I have always been like clockwork ( every 29 days) However this cycle I am on cycle day 52 with no sign of my period. I am 21 days late. I am not pregnant. Anyone else experienced this after the vaccine? I have been hearing lots of anecdotal evidence that this is a side effect. October was my last period I feel atrocious 😩

mine was the opposite! really noticed it after 2nd astrazeneca dose as i was on 20mg provera / day for heavy periods due to PCOS (i think its a relatively high dose?) and in the week break i'd hardly bled for the past 18 months. dose 2 in may and suddenly would bleed before the break, (tmi warning) a lot of discharge and clots which was my usual experience before meds. it was also two weeks on two weeks off before meds and it started to look a lot more like that post vax even though my dose hadn't changed. mentioned it in passing to gynae in july and they said it might be weight gain so dose less concentrated / effective - lost weight from july onwards and my periods remained heavy. can't really comment on third dose (pfizer) as im now on progesterone only pill so no bleed but discharge is still noticeably different. also apologies for the essay!

also just found this thread! https://tattle.life/threads/painful-period-after-covid-vaccine.21864/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
There’s another thread about this..

This is exactly how I’ve been feeling! At first I put it down to postpartum hormones (I had a baby at the start of may, then had my 1st jab a week later) I’m starting to think it’s vaccine related now.
It’s been about 5 or 6 months since my 2nd jab and I’m finally back to normal. Phew! Hope things settle for you soon - maybe talk to your doctor incase it is postpartum related 🙂

• Heart
Yes I’m back taking medication for heavy periods, plus two early losses since . But because I’m over 40 drs keep saying it’s down to age not the vaccine

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
so I got my second dose of AZ in July and I've had heavier periods since but this currently is the heaviest its ever been. It came yesterday and I was up 4 times during the night changing my tampon, I used the super tampax ones. sorry to get graphic but I leaked on my pj shorts and had to change those twice. Currently in work and its still really heavy. I have no cramps though and feel fine but its making me so self conscious :(

• Heart
  • Sad
I had my booster on Friday 10th Dec and woke up this morning in excruciating pain. Sorry for the tmi but it’s extremely heavy, and the pain is so bad I’ve had to call the doctors who have given me codeine. I’ve never experienced anything like it. No warning either, no pms like normal. Just woke up and BAM, spending the day trying to crawl around getting everything done 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
I won’t be getting the booster due to how bad the period I experienced was. It was akin to a miscarriage in my opinion, or in my experience, actually worse. I already suffer with reproductive issues so I don’t want to suffer even more. I have both my vaccines and I won’t be getting another.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m still suffering with awful periods and certainly won’t be getting the booster after this. I have literally wanted to cut out my own womb due to how bad the pain has been.

• Heart
  • Sad
Currently under observation due to hormone imbalance and totally unsure what to do about the vaccine. I'm not an antivaxxer and I believe in the benefits but I'm terrified of making the period problems I already have worse. Any advice welcome.

• Sad
Currently under observation due to hormone imbalance and totally unsure what to do about the vaccine. I'm not an antivaxxer and I believe in the benefits but I'm terrified of making the period problems I already have worse. Any advice welcome.
This is the worry, absolutely no one can say either way. it's like a joke of a lottery.

Reactions: 1
I’m convinced the vaccine has made me anemic, since having doses 1&2 vaccines the 2nd being in May, I have been suffering with my periods they have been heavy with me passing huge clots and having to change my super tampon every hour. I also pass out on a regular basis even more so the week before and during my period due to blood loss, my doctor has told me I’m anemic something I wasn’t before the vaccine. My periods used to be regular every 29 days and I knew exactly what date of the month my period would come but suddenly in October I missed a period and started again in a random day in November and it seems my period has reset? Anyone else had this problem?

• Heart
  • Sad
Had my booster on Friday and oh boy this period is really brutal I actually feel nauseous with the pain! I usually have painful periods but this one feels somewhat worse. I’m hoping this goes away soon :cry:

• Heart
  • Sad
Girls, I'm thinking of not having a booster for these reasons. I'm not ready for a lottery in how badly it will mess up my cycle.

After the 2nd dose I had only one super heavy period, but there's no guarantee that a different vaccine would be the same. Not knowing is especially excruciating. Also, tattle is still the only place I've seen this sort of discussion, no one mentions it ever. duck it.

so I got my second dose of AZ in July and I've had heavier periods since but this currently is the heaviest its ever been. It came yesterday and I was up 4 times during the night changing my tampon, I used the super tampax ones. sorry to get graphic but I leaked on my pj shorts and had to change those twice. Currently in work and its still really heavy. I have no cramps though and feel fine but its making me so self conscious :(
I'd recommend trying the menstrual cup if you can. It could be slightly better than tampons to prevent leaking, although I had to change it every hour, and it was far from perfect.

• Heart
I’ve reported my side effects on the yellow card website. I had a 38 day cycle last month 😟. I’m delaying having my booster whilst I make a decision about whether I want to mess up my system even more. Wish it was acknowledged as being an issue!

Reactions: 1