Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(I copy and pasted my post from the covid thread, sorry it’s a long one)

I’ve been reading through the thread to see if anyone else was having the same problem. My cycle has also changed.

I’ve used a tracking app since 2014 when I came off the pill to track my cycle, and it’s always been every 25 days and lasted 2-3 days, was pretty light-moderate with little cramping. Would only use one and a half boxes of sanitary towels.

Had my first jag in May, within 24 hours I was having menstrual cramp but it was only 7 days after my last period. This went on for about a week when I had a heavy period. The pain in those 7 days was pretty intense, I had a hot water bottle on me constantly. My anxiety went into overdrive on the 2nd day after the jag, by the 4th day it was as if a switch went off in my head and depression hit again, and nearly called the crisis team. Was hesitant to get the second but felt pressured into it. The nurse asked how the first was, told her, she said ‘oh yeah, my hairdresser said the same thing’.

In the 6 months since my cycle has been erratic, it’s never been on time. It’s been 8 days late, 12 days early and so on, very heavy and (I’m sorry if this is TMI) passing clots which didn’t happen before. It lasts about 4-5 days now. I get cramps at random times even when it doesn’t appear.

There’s a clear line before and after getting the vax. People I’ve spoken to have said ‘oh, your body changes over time’ but my body ran like clockwork up until I got the vax and hasn’t been the same since. I’ve not spoken to the doctor yet because I wanted to leave it a few cycles and see if it went back to normal. I know my cycle and I know his isn’t right.

I’ve opted not to get the booster because I’m fearful of what it will do and the effects the previous 2 jags have had. I’ve had vaccines for hep A and B, typhoid, and yellow fever before I went travelling and I didn’t react to them like I’ve reacted to this.

I thought by now my cycle would have calmed down but it hasn’t. I’m almost scared to talk to the doctor about it because they’ll write me off as paranoid or anti-vax because I know it’s the effect of the covid vax. I feel after 6 months of it not going back to normal they should take me seriously.

Did any of you with the same problem speak to your doctor? Did they take you seriously?

Reactions: 5
Little update after my December 13th booster. I’m now on day 10 of a super heavy and painful period. The kind of pain where you can’t forget about it and can’t sit still. Going to get a doctors call asap to hopefully stop it. I’m happy I got the booster don’t get me wrong but jfc this is brutal.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Little update after my December 13th booster. I’m now on day 10 of a super heavy and painful period. The kind of pain where you can’t forget about it and can’t sit still. Going to get a doctors call asap to hopefully stop it. I’m happy I got the booster don’t get me wrong but jfc this is brutal.
I just got mine this morning... I hope I don't get this... but at this point I have no idea even when I should be getting my period as it has been so all over the place since the other vaccines. Anyone who knows, are they actually collecting information on our experiences if we report them?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s been a couple of months since my second vaccine (not eligible for the booster yet). My cycle is so all over the place. I have always have a 35 day cycle and now it’s 42+. It’s been a couple of months and no indication of going back to normal. Obviously me obsessing over it doesn’t help as well.

• Heart
Sorry if I'm repeating a problem that someone else has already had here but I'm mid-freak out and saw this thread and thought it might be able to help.

So, I always get a very tiny, tiny bit of spotting around my ovulation day (TMI - kind of a tiny bit of brown/old blood) which I've never worried about too much as it comes at the same point in every month, I've mentioned it to nurses/doctors and they've never seemed too bothered, I don't have any STIs and my smears have been okay. However, I have now got actual red blood and am a bit freaked out - I had my booster on Saturday, felt dreadful on Sunday and I'm wondering if my booster could be to blame? Obviously I'm going to try and get a GP appointment but am just trying to calm some of my immediate anxieties!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Since I had my booster in October my periods have been absolutely crazy. I had one really short cycle of about 20 days, then a 10 day period. Then completely missed the next one, and now have just got my period after 38 days :rolleyes: maybe it’s not related as I have also been very stressed but I’ve never had such random periods before in my life!

• Heart
Has anyone had worsening PMS symptoms like sore breasts terrible mood swings since their jabs? I have which is why I ask and sure its because of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I posted on this thread months ago that I’d gone 3ish months without a period after my second jab… it came back and I then had one period and I’ve just come on after not having another period since September 😩 I used to be so regular so I’m definitely putting this down to the vaccine side effects. Interested to see if anyone else has had similar… I had the AZ x 2 and Pfizer booster x

Has anyone had worsening PMS symptoms like sore breasts terrible mood swings since their jabs? I have which is why I ask and sure its because of them.
Yes definitely. My mood is horrendous about 2 weeks before now and I’ve never really suffered from it before. I tried cerazette for a month in November but I think this made it worse. Hope it does one soon, not sure how much more my husband can take of it. It’s so weird I just don’t feel like myself at all for 2 weeks then my period starts and I’m back to normal.

Hope you’re ok! It’s a bugger and definitely worth speaking to your gp about.

Reactions: 4
Been following this thread and thought I would add in my experience given so many of you seem to be suffering. I had covid March 2020 (then LC) and been on the progesterone only pill for 20 years ( prescribed for v heavy periods- but had no periods for those 20 years).

January this year started bleeding sporadically and went to see a dr after 3 months but they couldn’t see any issue.

After the vaccine in May the bleeding became regular and heavy - every 2 weeks with horrendous PMS.

Eventually saw a Gynaecologist 3 weeks ago who said all is ok, but put me on double dose of the pill. Bleeding stopped but still really sore breasts and PMS.

(I can’t be on normal pill due to headaches and the coil terrifies me so I really hope this works, but do I just take 2x as much until the menopause? 🥺).

Sending thoughts to everyone else… this is horrid.

I had my covid booster end of November, my periods are normally regular ended up being 9 days late this month. It’s frustrating as myself and my partner are trying to conceive and it’s not happening. It does make you question what the vaccine does to you. I also had covid back in October, but my first 2 vaccines didn’t impact it.

• Sick
Yes definitely. My mood is horrendous about 2 weeks before now and I’ve never really suffered from it before. I tried cerazette for a month in November but I think this made it worse. Hope it does one soon, not sure how much more my husband can take of it. It’s so weird I just don’t feel like myself at all for 2 weeks then my period starts and I’m back to normal.

Hope you’re ok! It’s a bugger and definitely worth speaking to your gp about.
Thank you and hope you are ok despite everything! I'm speaking to my gp about the pill but I'm fat and smoke so there's not many options for me. Its bleeping bizarre its happening- don't want my booster now.

• Heart
Hello!! So glad I have found this thread, I have been searching on other social media for a place to discuss. I received my first Pzifer dose in May and my second in August. Whilst I haven’t had heavier or more painful periods, my cycle is now entirely unpredictable - I have always religiously had 35 day cycles outside of being on the contraceptive pill, even after I had my baby in September 2020 my cycles went back to 35 days straight away postpartum. I have had 21, 40, 45 day cycles. When I mentioned to my GP she suggested I go back on the pill, which I don’t want to do as personally I have spent enough time on it in my life. I have decided not to get my booster we would like to grow our family next year and not knowing my cycle will be a bit of a nightmare. Is this the general consensus from doublevaxxed others who have had cycle changes?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m so glad this thread exists! I posted on the general vaccine thread but it looks like this is a better place. I went for my booster and my period is now abnormally late. I am pretty regular 26-28 days and now I’m on day 35 and still no period. I suffer badly with anxiety and depression and I’ve been panicking I could be pregnant (my partner and I haven’t had intercourse the past few months, but other stuff) People on the thread said it’s possible to have a late period due to changes in the immune system but I’m so worried. I didn’t want to have the booster done, but because of all the fear mongering I did and I’m regretting it. Not knowing when my period is coming stresses me out even further as I like to be prepared (working from home on those days, heat pack, tablets etc) My mind is in overdrive :(

If anyone has any advice, please let me know 🥺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello!! So glad I have found this thread, I have been searching on other social media for a place to discuss. I received my first Pzifer dose in May and my second in August. Whilst I haven’t had heavier or more painful periods, my cycle is now entirely unpredictable - I have always religiously had 35 day cycles outside of being on the contraceptive pill, even after I had my baby in September 2020 my cycles went back to 35 days straight away postpartum. I have had 21, 40, 45 day cycles. When I mentioned to my GP she suggested I go back on the pill, which I don’t want to do as personally I have spent enough time on it in my life. I have decided not to get my booster we would like to grow our family next year and not knowing my cycle will be a bit of a nightmare. Is this the general consensus from doublevaxxed others who have had cycle changes?
This has been more or less my case. It’s always been 35 day cycles for me. Since my 2nd Pfizer dose my cycles has been all over the place. 38, 42,45 day cycles. Now my husband and I are trying to conceive and I have no clue what my cycle is anymore. I definitely won’t be getting my booster until there is some normalcy.

• Heart
Yes! Mine have been sore for days, I thought it meant I was finally coming on but nothing. Not pregnant, done so many tests. But it’s making me stressed.

• Sad
Yes! Mine have been sore for days, I thought it meant I was finally coming on but nothing. Not pregnant, done so many tests. But it’s making me stressed.
I had this, period finally came but the worse pms symptoms ever. Woke up every day with the worse cramps :( periods now last at least 9 days when they used to be 5! Hopefully they start to improve for us all

• Heart
  • Sad
I had this, period finally came but the worse pms symptoms ever. Woke up every day with the worse cramps :( periods now last at least 9 days when they used to be 5! Hopefully they start to improve for us all
Do you mind saying how late you were? I’m on day 10. How many periods have you now had that are 9 days. I’m panicking…