Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine have been awful. Got a referral for an internal scan and been prescribed a pill on top of the implant. There is no way this isn't connected to Covid

I feel like mine co-ordinated with peri and I’ll never be back to normal again. Having two 24-30 hour periods a month, one of which is agony. GP says not peri but surely it can’t still be from the vaccine??

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hmm I think I posted in here about painful PMS before my period which I thought was from the vaccine! Well it’s all settled down.. still don’t know if it was from the vaccine but it makes sense. I was thinking about it the other day and thought, hang on! I haven’t had any bad symptoms for a few months!

Im worried now that the autumn boosters will be coming up.. I don’t really want it 😢 im ttc and don’t want to affect anything.

Reactions: 2
Hmm I think I posted in here about painful PMS before my period which I thought was from the vaccine! Well it’s all settled down.. still don’t know if it was from the vaccine but it makes sense. I was thinking about it the other day and thought, hang on! I haven’t had any bad symptoms for a few months!

Im worried now that the autumn boosters will be coming up.. I don’t really want it 😢 im ttc and don’t want to affect anything.
Glad your painful periods have stopped. Do you have to take the booster? Results have shown that the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting Covid and there’s no restrictions that require the 4th dose (yet). You’re triple vaxxed so should be fine. Just hold off, I’d prioritise TTC’ing over the booster if it were me but of course it’s your decision xx

Reactions: 3
I’ve had the mirena coil fitted to sort mine out. Not sure whether to have the booster now I’m back to normal.

Glad your painful periods have stopped. Do you have to take the booster? Results have shown that the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting Covid and there’s no restrictions that require the 4th dose (yet). You’re triple vaxxed so should be fine. Just hold off, I’d prioritise TTC’ing over the booster if it were me but of course it’s your decision xx
No I don’t have to, but I work in healthcare so I’m sure people would question it. I don’t think I’ll get it though, I’d rather not have anything mess up my body and hormones again. Obviously if it wasn’t ttc I would probably get it!

Reactions: 2
I’ve been breastfeeding since last year so over the time I got my vaccines and booster and only got my period back in June. They have been horrendous, I’m bleeding right through to my clothes while wearing a tampon and period pants! I never felt the need to wear tampons before but I do now, and I hate them. My cramps are so so painful for days and I didn’t suffer with them before. This thread has been so eye opening as I thought it was somehow related to having a section.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I’ve been breastfeeding since last year so over the time I got my vaccines and booster and only got my period back in June. They have been horrendous, I’m bleeding right through to my clothes while wearing a tampon and period pants! I never felt the need to wear tampons before but I do now, and I hate them. My cramps are so so painful for days and I didn’t suffer with them before. This thread has been so eye opening as I thought it was somehow related to having a section.
So sorry to hear this! How many periods have you had that have been like this?

3, I’m due my next one soon and dreading it
Aww I was hoping perhaps it’s only bad as it’s your first since being pregnant but it doesn’t sound like that’s the case. I’m so sorry you’re going through this and really hope your next one isn’t as bad x

Keep thinking every month mine will settle but definitely haven’t. They are so much heavier now too. Had all 3 vaccines due to work pressure and I regret every one of them. Anyone else finding periods extremely heavy on top of also being more painful?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
i had my first jab July 2021 and my periods were horrendous. Painful, super late and got to the point where i was bleeding for months at a time. Prior to the jab this had never happened. It’s just been over a year and they’re slowly returning to normal. I haven’t taken any medication or the pill for this to happen so hopefully this brings some hope to you all

• Heart
What’s everyone doing about the booster coming up? Will you keep getting vaccinated?

• Heart
I’m meant to for work (I work in healthcare) I feel like I’ll get judged if I don’t get it 😖😬 or atleast a lot of rolly eyes

I’m meant to for work (I work in healthcare) I feel like I’ll get judged if I don’t get it 😖😬 or atleast a lot of rolly eyes
If you truly don’t want it listen to your gut feeling regardless. My brother is a junior doctor currently off work because he’s too ill to go in with problems he never had before getting vaccinated. My other cousin was also off work for four months following blood clots in her lungs. She had to move in with other relatives because she couldn’t afford her Surrey rent if she’s wasn’t working.

Getting rolly eyes is better then doing something you don’t want to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you truly don’t want it listen to your gut feeling regardless. My brother is a junior doctor currently off work because he’s too ill to go in with problems he never had before getting vaccinated. My other cousin was also off work for four months following blood clots in her lungs. She had to move in with other relatives because she couldn’t afford her Surrey rent if she’s wasn’t working.

Getting rolly eyes is better then doing something you don’t want to do.
I’m hearing more and more stories like your brother and cousin and it’s so sad. They’d be quick to say if these were covid-related but heaven forbid someone question whether it’s the vax and they get censored. I hope they both make a recovery soon.

• Heart