Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone going to have the booster/3rd jab if it gets offered?

I am still on the mini pill to stop my periods but I really don't think I'll have a 3rd jab if it's offered to me. I regret having the first 2 tbh and if I could turn back I wouldn't have had them.
No, whilst I don't regret having the first two I see little need for a third. I'm 27 and healthy, I know covid has affected young people as well but I'm mostly at an advantage and covid seems to be slowing down now where I live.

I'm hoping my period will sort itself out, will update on my next one. Hopefully, it won't be as bad, in the days leading up to it I was in bed crying and feeling like there was no point in life. It's insane how depressed I felt.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My periods had always been regular, even able to plan beach holidays around them. Generally a 3 days medium flow and then lighter and gone within 7 days.
Had AZ, first period a day after (as expected) 2nd one 1 week late, 3rd one 5 weeks late and then lasted 3 weeks of bleeding, 4th period not sure how to count it as it was after the long bleed, 5th period 5 days late, 6th period so far 2 weeks late and waiting.

Periods are heavier than before too.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 but so far my period is not as painful and this is my second since my second covid jab. It also seems to be back to normal flow with no clotting.
but we will see, I won’t be having the booster jab, that’s for sure!

Same here. First period since was a few days late, otherwise fine. Second one was a week late, with period pain each day for 7 days from the day it was meant to arrive (when normally I only have period pain for one day) then my period finally arrived and I had the worst pain I've ever experienced, which kept going even after it stopped - all over the course of 11 days in total.
This is exactly what I experienced! After I got the second Pfizer dose.

I had the vaccine appointment in the morning and in the night I woke up with fever. I had high fever, headaches etc for two days.

My period arrived ten days late (very unusual for me).
I had a different kind of pain, it felt like uterus cramps, for a full week and normally I have some pain and cramping on the right side on the first day.
It started with spotting, then a very heavy period for one week, and lighter bleeding for a further three days.
Also felt very tired.

I did a bit of research online and read that the general guidance is that the vaccines do not impact the female cycle.
But then I read that the form with the questions doesn't even ask specific questions about periods, anyone filling out the form would have had to make a separate comment on it.
I feel that they should have put more emphasis on this.

Reactions: 2
Has my booster - according to my app my period is due in 5 days so will be interesting to see what happens. Didn’t notice anything after my first 2 jabs but more recently my period has been crazy. Fingers crossed it’s not super heavy.

My PMS was a lot lower this month (thank goodness) after spiking for the past few months but I'm in absolute agony with cramps. It seems to be settling back in to my normal cycle length (approx 30 days) although now it's in a completely different part of the month.

So hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel with it, will have to see what happens with the next couple.

This is exactly what I experienced! After I got the second Pfizer dose.

I had the vaccine appointment in the morning and in the night I woke up with fever. I had high fever, headaches etc for two days.

My period arrived ten days late (very unusual for me).
I had a different kind of pain, it felt like uterus cramps, for a full week and normally I have some pain and cramping on the right side on the first day.
It started with spotting, then a very heavy period for one week, and lighter bleeding for a further three days.
Also felt very tired.

I did a bit of research online and read that the general guidance is that the vaccines do not impact the female cycle.
But then I read that the form with the questions doesn't even ask specific questions about periods, anyone filling out the form would have had to make a separate comment on it.
I feel that they should have put more emphasis on this.
I have had my first 2 and when/if I am offered will get the booster ,but this is just typical with all medical things imo, women are basically ignored. Why have they not done more research about affects pn periods? Why was this not even a question. Makes me angry tbh

I have had my first 2 and when/if I am offered will get the booster ,but this is just typical with all medical things imo, women are basically ignored. Why have they not done more research about affects pn periods? Why was this not even a question. Makes me angry tbh
It is very infuriating.

There were also reports that there was "no indication that the vaccines impact fertility" - but how do they know? Did they really check this?

And wouldn't any impact on menstruations also have an impact on fertility?

Reactions: 2
Can anyone share any stories if they managed to become pregnant after getting jabbed?

• Heart
I’m TTC and my periods are usually spot on 26 days. This month I was 4 days late and honestly got my hopes up I was pregnant. I’m convinced this bloody jab has fucked up my period. Sorry for swearing, I’m really worried it has messed up my fertility

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m TTC and my periods are usually spot on 26 days. This month I was 4 days late and honestly got my hopes up I was pregnant. I’m convinced this bloody jab has fucked up my period. Sorry for swearing, I’m really worried it has messed up my fertility
Try not to worry too much. 4 days is not a very significant change to your cycle. I keep my fingers crossed for you!

I feel really sorry for those TTC. My cycles have been later ever since the vaccine and I can only imagine how disappointing it must be if you're actively trying.
Fingers crossed they settle down soon. We have all been assured that fertility isn't affected, so I really hope that's the case.

Can anyone share any stories if they managed to become pregnant after getting jabbed?

Two of my friends have fallen pregnant since being jabbed, and IIRC a lady on the TTC thread said that she fell pregnant after the jab too.

• Heart
I had AZ. 1st dose February, 2nd dose May. Before the vaccine I was like clockwork although they’ve always been really heavy. This year I’ve had my period Jan, Feb(1st dose), April, June, August & October. August I passed a clot the size of my hand, i literally felt it pass(sorry tmi!) Dr prescribed Tranexamic acid and have to take that the first 4days of future periods. Dr also suggested a referral to gynaecology for endometrial ablation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Whilst I can't prove it my periods were affected after I had the vaccine, in that they were delayed massively. By 60 days, and that is very unusual for me. I'm 45 and had regular heavy periods previously. Spoke to doctor and was told that I was probably menopausal and am now on HRT. Haven't had a period now since August. I think i'll probably not have one now. Could the vaccine of brought on menopause??

It's messed up, isn't it? It really dismays me how under-researched and undermined women's health issues are. Any messing with my cycle and my hormones are all over the place to the point where it can really affect my moods and my mental health. The PMS I typically experience in the three day lead up to my period (and have done on a very regular schedule for two decades) is now hitting me at random several times a month, and what that means for me is extreme emotions, sometimes to the point of depression. And yet I know if I go to my GP, she'll just tell me it's normal and throw a pill prescription at me. So frustrating.

It's messed up, isn't it? It really dismays me how under-researched and undermined women's health issues are. Any messing with my cycle and my hormones are all over the place to the point where it can really affect my moods and my mental health. The PMS I typically experience in the three day lead up to my period (and have done on a very regular schedule for two decades) is now hitting me at random several times a month, and what that means for me is extreme emotions, sometimes to the point of depression. And yet I know if I go to my GP, she'll just tell me it's normal and throw a pill prescription at me. So frustrating.
I agree. I always get a vicious headache and leg cramps for the 24hrs before my period. Since my 2nd jab I get them on and off throughout the whole month which is just awful. I have always been 28days as regular as clockwork…. my last one was 8 days late and I was doubled over in pain. No tablets would even take the edge off. I passed clots so big I could see them in the loo before flushing (sorry!). I am dreading next month already. So relieved it’s not just me.

I wonder if there is any possibility of collating all this information and getting someone to look into it from a medical perspective.

It surely cannot be a coincidence that so many women are affected?

I always had 28 days cycles, the period immediately after the 2nd dose was a) delayed by 10 days, b) I had very heavy cramps for 10 days and c) heavy bleeding for 10 days (normally 5) and d) now my ovulation seems delayed.

None of these things ever happened to me, I had a regular cycle, light cramps on the first day only, moderate bleeding for 5 day and ovulation on day 12 of my cycle.

It scares me.

I remember at high school when we had some kind of health professional come to talk to us abotu sex/periods etc and someone asked why we got cramps and they had no idea. I was much younger then and less aware of these kind of issues, but even then it shocked me that a medical professional wouldn't know a basic fact like this