Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
From reading her books, only Reuben and Nancy were premature (2nd and 9th) and needed hospital treatment at birth. The others were all fine, she just had very fast labours and gave birth in ambulances en route a few times.
To be honest I think a lot of what she says is full of the proverbial, its true one minute and not the next. whatever.

Reactions: 5

butterflyzoe12

Miss the little kiddies they make the show but still a fantastic episode. clive and Ruben have a fantastic relationship

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Some interesting comments in that thread about Amanda Owen. Especially the person who said at farmers conventions it's been known for three years and she moved out a year ago. Same person said Clive has been able to reconnect with his older kids who didn't like Amanda like, so something good there has come from this mess.

Eirawen

VIP Member
My youngest sister lives on a Yorkshire farm and if I saw her in a mini skirt and loads of bracelets I would die laughing.
It is strange when she is running round the farm yard chasing a sheep I'm a short skirt and bangles jangling, if she fell over she would have cuts and bruises on her legs for sure. That Jeanie woman on The Yorkshire Vet has bangles as well I find her quite scary I think she could fly into terrible rages 😟

I used to really like watching them, but this series not into it, I only watch if there's nothing else on!!!!
It's becoming the Clemmie show

Does anyone else dislike this woman Amanda, as much as I do? Sorry, just can't warm to her. Liked her in the first series. She reminds me of Laura Whitmore, i.e like being in charge of their man!
She is too full of herself with a very "my way or the highway" approach. Interesting if any of the kids will stand up to her when they get older. I had a feeling that Raven would stand up to her but not in front of the cameras, Reuben seems laid back and placid and goes with the flow. It would be good if Clemmie became the rebel and defied her set in stone wishes.🤨

Last edited:

scrantonstrangler

Chatty Member
Unless he's secretly a billionaire or heir to the throne I don't see what her motivation is. Maybe she genuinely likes this man, in which case she'd better be prepared for heartbreak. His track record with women isn't great. I wonder how the kids feel about all this, the older ones must be a bit weirded out

• Sick

rivermonster

VIP Member
I've been watching documentaries of Hannah Hauxwell on YouTube recently. Now SHE was a proper daleswoman.
I remember the farming series so well but do not remember her going to Europe until I just read it on Wiki. They are also on youtube so something to catch up with this week-end if it rains. Thanks for the reminder.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Eirawen

VIP Member
I disagree. If Amanda buggers off Clemmie is the one I'd see taking her place and holding things together.
Oh absolutely she is like Amanda and if they were together there would be an almighty clash, but with Amanda out of the picture Clemmie would step in to her shoes and become the leader of the pack/family.

View attachment 832331 wonder if this is the one she banging
He's hardly a huge improvement on Clive if it is.

• Haha

xRFx

So they've made enough now to buy their own farm. I guess that was the plan all along from Amanda. She has a very strong business head.
I saw this article, but Anty Johns has featured on the whole season so it’s hardly new news that they’ve bought it, they’ve had it ages🤔🤷‍♀️ The media seem to be re-cycling articles and episodes to make it look new. I do wonder what’s happening on the Amanda/ Clive front, hopefully they can work it out

xRFx

I thought there was tension in the air on one of the birthdays of the children. Think it was Violet's. Felt really sorry for her and I wondered what was up.
Is that the one when they did ‘the suprise party’ and violet thought they had all forgotten, god love her

Eirawen

VIP Member
She seems to galavant about a bit, leaving the kids & farm with Clive?! They are his world and he will be ok. I hope he may find love again in his later years though.
He is a good man and let's hope that Amanda gets sh*t on the same way she did on Clive

• Heart

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
I am confused about the camera man story as the person who told me is 100% reliable and was a crew member. Unless it was used as a smokescreen?
Or it was more than one dalliance. Crew member never usually gossips and it was when he was very drunk a couple of years ago.

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
Tbf to Amanda, as lovely as Clive is, he only had his sheep for company until she knocked his door.

She's given him 20 plus of her best years, nine kids and because of her financial head, some cracking farm machinery.

He's done well out of the marriage. He's not stupid, he must have guessed this day would come eventually.

Sad all the same 😒

Sp20191

VIP Member
Does anyone else dislike this woman Amanda, as much as I do? Sorry, just can't warm to her. Liked her in the first series. She reminds me of Laura Whitmore, i.e like being in charge of their man!
I think it’s probably just their relationship dynamic.

Ours is similar, I tend to make the decisions, I handle the bills/money/kids stuff, obviously we discuss everything but my husband is so laid back that nothing would get done 🙈
a lot of people would see it as him being ‘under the thumb’ but in all honesty he prefers me doing all that stuff and I prefer to be the one doing it.....we’ve been together 16 years so assume we’re doing something right 😂

• Heart

Alexaj

VIP Member
I think it definitely missed Clemmie. I do think the three young'uns lack any sort of charisma or joie de vivre, or... something.

• Haha

Flowergirl14

VIP Member