Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ILIKEME

I remember watching her at an auction. Clive was talking to someone else so he wasn't beside her.. I recall her bidding for a cow and going on about winking. I guess winking is used as a way when bidding for something or was she bidding at the cameraman she's close to. Maybe,who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Maid22

VIP Member
The comments about the age difference, she wasn't a young bimbo gold digger after what she could get, age really doesn't matter, their kids come across as well mannered ,with good work ethics, not like most stuck in front of a TV etc.
They're investing in their future, who can blame them, TV work can be short lived.
We don't know Clive's side of the story with his daughter, you know. some families just don't get on!

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
Whilst Clive seems nice enough, it takes two to make a relationship, especially with all those kids. He'd of had the snip after 3 if it were me. And she had the last one on her own by the fire while he slept upstairs. I'm sorry but thats just not right. After 20 years of marriage she deserves someone who appreciates her. Just my take on it anyway.
I totally agree. I like Clive, but I do wonder if, in the end, he viewed her as another farm appliance rather than a woman with needs. Maybe he became complacent

He appears to have scrubbed up since she left him. I wish people would get off her back. She gave him the best years of her life.

• Haha

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I read recently that Clive had been preparing himself all through their marriage that she would meet someone else. How sad. 😥

• Sad
  • Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
Yes that is true. They didn't presumably need millions. I do think being a shepherdess with 9 kids sounded like her fantasy and now after 20 years of it she's decided it's a bit boring now she's seen another life.
Well originally her ambition was to be a model but she never made it to the catwalk so rather than do a conventional.job eg in an office she decided to be a shepherdess which is unusual for someone not from a from a farming background. I suppose now she is involved with people in the media and is getting the fame and money she originally wished for, I think she is back to being her real self.

#previouslygifted

Chatty Member
A comment on the article from someone who knows Clive suggests that Clive hasn’t changed but his ex wife was concerned about money. Wonder if Amanda has become more about money / fame recently too?

If he was the one born in an ambulance en route to the hospital that’s not too hard a mistake to make as they are very close and if he came out on that road it’s not a massive lie.
I’m in no way sticking up for her here as she is an idiot
That makes sense. Sorry, I didn't realise Gunnerside and Reeth were so close together.

I think the good majority of them were born on the side of the road too. Except for Raven, Reuben, Violet and of course Clemmie who was born at their home.
I'm surprised Amanda didn't do more to prepare for their births considering how they live so remotely and she always use to talk about how hard it is even going to the shops for food or for farming supplies.

Libbub

VIP Member
So she's staying in their rental cottage while Clive stays at home? He looks after the kids then? What a nightmare. Marriages end, it happens, but when there's 9 kids to consider it can't be easy. Obviously things have changed for her and her life is different with different influences now that her horizons have been widened.

Loony lovegood

VIP Member
She seems like she’s jealous she can’t complain that she’s hard done by financially by them then not invite Amanda to her wedding, I’m assuming the kids weren’t invited either

I think the wedding was several years ago, but she seemed to think now is the time to mention it in an interview with the sun 🙄
It said 2018 so not too long ago and they were on tv then so why not invite them all

Alexaj

VIP Member
If I was Clive I'd be questioning if the children were all mine.
The saying birds of a feather flock together seems apt for Amanda and her paramour. Wonder which one will do the dirty on the other first?
They all look like Clive though! Especially the boys. I think Raven is the only one who sort of looks like Amanda.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Couldn't agree more,I'm also from a farming background and it's bloody hard work.
So what if he's older than her, he was also divorced from his first wife before he met Amanda.
Why does the daughter feel entitled to their money, like they, there's always 2 sides to a story.
People always feel entitled to your money when you're getting older. 😄

‘Apparently’ it’s been common knowledge locally for some time but the press being what they are, saved this for the night before the book release.
It’s a PR disaster because the USP is a wholesome back to nature family.

You only have to look at the comments on Facebook and Twitter to see it’s the nostalgia and illusion of good parenting that people want.
The simultaneous praising of the family while dismissing most other children as useless yobs.

I would imagine her PR team are desperate to contain the story.
Sounds like a Jilly Cooper novel!

What gets me is, there isn’t that much interest in them. They aren’t the royal family or the kardashians. I liked Amanda but you can see the change before your eyes the pouting, the fake posh accent inter seeded with broad Yorkshire. It’s a shame because if she hadn’t of turned into someone so up their own arse I’m sure she would have plenty of support. But then who knows what goes on behind closed doors. All I know is from what we see on tv and social media is Amanda has sold her soul to the devil, yes she’s enabled the family to be financially secure but at what cost?
The kids seem pretty well rounded and polite, Clive seems lovely and Amanda is a good mum. But is it all smoke and mirrors for the telly.
Everything in life is smoke and mirrors at the moment with this PR lark. It's hard to know what to believe☹

Last edited:

rivermonster

VIP Member
Indeed she was, no swanning around in mini skirts and bangles for her, she was a real genuine farmer who grafted like a man.

It was all a bit too perfect though, this cosy family living together in harmony with all the kids helping out with no complaints, Clive always looked shattered to me and I imagine didn't have the energy to keep Amanda erm fulfilled.
Where did all those kids come from then. 😄 😄 😄🚸🚸

• Haha

Maid22

VIP Member
Well yes it does, he could drop dead at any time, hes about 20+ years older than her. So she is going to be stuck a widow at some point with all those kids to raise by herself.
All because he is older, doesn't mean he'll die first, and she does TV work and an author.

Libbub

VIP Member
You can bet your bottom dollar the estranged daughter of Clive will sell her story AGAIN to The Sun!! As far as I'm concerned she can do one!
I feel very sorry for all concerned really. Marriages end and people change over the years, they're not the first and they won't be the last. The problem is their USP is traditional farming and family values. It'll be interesting if they do permanently split what Amanda does next! I mean she loves the farming life, will they continue to work together on the farm? Or will she stop farming and do something completely different? Time will tell I guess.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
They all look like Clive though! Especially the boys. I think Raven is the only one who sort of looks like Amanda.
She certainly seems to have been gossiped about in the local areas despite it being rural which would point to it being more than one.
She reminds me of someone I know who the word "disturbed" was used to describe her. She didn't have the best childhood. People liked her until she hit on their husbands.....
I don't know Amanda's back story and what might have triggered her to be this way too.
As you might guess people's motivations interest me. 😀

feath

I can't say I ever thought of her as disturbed but she stuck me as ruthless in her ambitions she wasn't just going to be a farmer she became a writer and gave talks and became a tv celeb . I wonder what she is hoping to get now apart from his money of course.
The word 'ruthless' is very apt for this person.