Our Yorkshire Farm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed she was, no swanning around in mini skirts and bangles for her, she was a real genuine farmer who grafted like a man.

It was all a bit too perfect though, this cosy family living together in harmony with all the kids helping out with no complaints, Clive always looked shattered to me and I imagine didn't have the energy to keep Amanda erm fulfilled.
Where did all those kids come from then. 😄 😄 😄🚸🚸

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think this is more common than some people think; anybody with a partner 20+ years older than them is likely to find themselves in a potential caring position when they're about 50 while their partner is increasingly frail. One of the Yorkshire farm episodes shows Clive trying to recover after a hip replacement - I'd imagine for a working couple in a really physical occupation like farming this is even more pronounced. Let alone throwing 6 or 7 children who still need pretty hands-on parenting into the mix, and a growing media career for the younger partner. It was bound to happen to them.
Yes I got the feeling she had a bit of a tough inner city childhood and wanted a fantasy life of living on a farm with a load of kids but maybe found it a bit boring, hence the TV cameras. When the menopause hits you get a bit less compliant and people pleasing so maybe she saw herself as a young woman with young children looking after an old man and thought ' no thanks'

Reactions: 6
Yes but after the last one and his hips declining the passion had worn thin or they would have had 4 or 5 more, God forbid!!
Nope she actually said before about number 9 being the last because the majority of her babies were prem and several quite poorly

Who actually cares how many children others have ? I'm sure if she had just 1 she would be slatted that the child would be lonely etc
This is a forum for opinions and debate, if you don't like it then may I respectfully suggest you find a platform where everyone is in agreement with you.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She would have got more respect if she had admitted they were over when it was said in the press instead of making the press out to be liars after a story.
I don't think she tolerates criticism well at all and becomes over defensive and insulting
I never liked her it was all me me, she
created this country life story like Darling Buds of May and eventually got bored of it. Apparently she had an affair with one of the TV crew which I would have thought would be more her scene. She tried modelling but never made the big time so then did the complete opposite by becoming a shepherdess of all things. But the media attention won in the end. Poor Clive became surplus to requirements.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't think she tolerates criticism well at all and becomes over defensive and insulting
I never liked her it was all me me, she
created this country life story like Darling Buds of May and eventually got bored of it. Apparently she had an affair with one of the TV crew which I would have thought would be more her scene. She tried modelling but never made the big time so then did the complete opposite by becoming a shepherdess of all things. But the media attention won in the end. Poor Clive became surplus to requirements.

I am not sure why she should get her own show. She's left her ageing two decades older husband for a younger man. Hardly the best impression to build up a fan base to watch your show because people will turn against you.

Reactions: 9

I am not sure why she should get her own show. She's left her ageing two decades older husband for a younger man. Hardly the best impression to build up a fan base to watch your show because people will turn against you.
This is what she has always wanted fame,glamour and sex. Personally I could do with seeing far less of her in the media.

I used to really enjoy the show but have unfollowed her on insta as it was all her pouting and posing with a soft filter. I found watching the tv show I liked Clive more and more and yet was seeing him less and less on camera. For me a solo show about her wouldn't be of much interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I used to really enjoy the show but have unfollowed her on insta as it was all her pouting and posing with a soft filter. I found watching the tv show I liked Clive more and more and yet was seeing him less and less on camera. For me a solo show about her wouldn't be of much interest.
I so agree I think a programme about Clive and Reuben would be far more interesting as they are both such hard working and likeable characters but I doubt if that will happen as they weren't massive media hounds like Amanda.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Who actually cares how many children others have ? I'm sure if she had just 1 she would be slatted that the child would be lonely etc
She has made a career partly out of how many children she has. She would have been far less interesting if she had the usual 2 kids. She's not as bad as the Radfords, but part of her usp was her bringing up loads of children on a farm and popping them out no problem at all, then criticising other people's parenting to sell her books. If it turns out that she had had 9 kids, even though they were mostly premature and poorly, then people have a right to question her rationale.

Reactions: 10
I’m weirdly sad about the split, I know it’s edited for TV but they seemed so content and such a good fit together despite having different personalities.

I hope the kids are doing OK.

She has made a career partly out of how many children she has. She would have been far less interesting if she had the usual 2 kids. She's not as bad as the Radfords, but part of her usp was her bringing up loads of children on a farm and popping them out no problem at all, then criticising other people's parenting to sell her books. If it turns out that she had had 9 kids, even though they were mostly premature and poorly, then people have a right to question her rationale.
From reading her books, only Reuben and Nancy were premature (2nd and 9th) and needed hospital treatment at birth. The others were all fine, she just had very fast labours and gave birth in ambulances en route a few times.

Reactions: 3
From reading her books, only Reuben and Nancy were premature (2nd and 9th) and needed hospital treatment at birth. The others were all fine, she just had very fast labours and gave birth in ambulances en route a few times.
To be honest I think a lot of what she says is full of the proverbial, its true one minute and not the next. whatever.

Reactions: 5