Our Yorkshire Farm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So they've made enough now to buy their own farm. I guess that was the plan all along from Amanda. She has a very strong business head.
They bought Auntie John's ages ago ? And why not invest in their own place ..I'm in awe of what they go through as a family especially when the weather is soo awful!

And personally I think they have done an excellent job with all 9 children, they are all well mannered and have such lovely kind nature's..it's refreshing to see!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She was supposed to be on Steph's Packed Lunch, the week before last but she never was!. Its obvious that she would go off with someone else eventually as Clive is way too old for her.

She was supposed to be on Steph's Packed Lunch, the week before last but she never was!. Its obvious that she would go off with someone else eventually as Clive is way too old for her.
I never noticed it was obvious she was going to go off with someone else🤷‍♀️
I'm probably in the minority where I don't think age matters.

Reactions: 12
I never noticed it was obvious she was going to go off with someone else🤷‍♀️
I'm probably in the minority where I don't think age matters.
Hes old enough to be her father, I don't know one woman IRL now who would entertain someone that old. The only woman I did know was years ago and she warned everyone I know off going with a much older man as she ended up his carer in her 40s.

Hes old enough to be her father, I don't know one woman IRL now who would entertain someone that old. The only woman I did know was years ago and she warned everyone I know off going with a much older man as she ended up his carer in her 40s.
Does it really matter? They have nine kids, work hard?
What if something happened to her, he'd end up being her carer.

Reactions: 6
In fairness Clive is obviously a very fit sixty something.
I doubt he'll be needing Amanda to be his 'carer' anytime soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So they've made enough now to buy their own farm. I guess that was the plan all along from Amanda. She has a very strong business head.
I saw this article, but Anty Johns has featured on the whole season so it’s hardly new news that they’ve bought it, they’ve had it ages🤔🤷‍♀️ The media seem to be re-cycling articles and episodes to make it look new. I do wonder what’s happening on the Amanda/ Clive front, hopefully they can work it out

Reactions: 4
I saw this article, but Anty Johns has featured on the whole season so it’s hardly new news that they’ve bought it, they’ve had it ages🤔🤷‍♀️ The media seem to be re-cycling articles and episodes to make it look new. I do wonder what’s happening on the Amanda/ Clive front, hopefully they can work it out
This is what the sun does though, i read a headline that said Rueban admits farming life isnt for him….they missed out the part where he started a business with diggers which is his passion with his Dad and was said in the same sentence in the episode!Utter clickbait shite
As for the age gap…hes might not be as young as her but he’s definitely fitter than any guy his age I know, hes an amazing Dad and has a great relationship with each of his children while still working a huge farm. I dont think if she was unhappy shed have stuck it out year after year in those gruelling conditions. Their lives have massively changed in recent years and so it would be hard on any marriage the complete lifestyle change.
If she has stepped out then thats crappy but don’t take anything the sun says as what’s actually happening

Reactions: 13
The papers will have any headline no matter how misleading.
She hasn't left him for another man etc. They are well suited and I would be surprised if they did split especially as they are moving to Anty Jon's.

My husband and I have the same age cap. We are still very happily married after 21 years together however he is now my carer. I began with health issues 10 years ago and he still works full time though he is nearly at retirement age and looks after me. Age doesn't matter. Health can fail you at any age

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Y
My husband and I have the same age cap. We are still very happily married after 21 years together however he is now my carer. I began with health issues 10 years ago and he still works full time though he is nearly at retirement age and looks after me. Age doesn't matter. Health can fail you at any age
Yes it can but its more likely the older partner may suffer from ill health than the younger one.Also if its a man that's the older partner they tend to die younger than women anyway.I'm glad your marriage is working out well for you but I do think age matters very much. At the end of the day everyone's opinions are different on this issue.

Reactions: 2
Couldn't agree more,I'm also from a farming background and it's bloody hard work.
So what if he's older than her, he was also divorced from his first wife before he met Amanda.
Why does the daughter feel entitled to their money, like they, there's always 2 sides to a story.
People always feel entitled to your money when you're getting older. 😄

‘Apparently’ it’s been common knowledge locally for some time but the press being what they are, saved this for the night before the book release.
It’s a PR disaster because the USP is a wholesome back to nature family.

You only have to look at the comments on Facebook and Twitter to see it’s the nostalgia and illusion of good parenting that people want.
The simultaneous praising of the family while dismissing most other children as useless yobs.

I would imagine her PR team are desperate to contain the story.
Sounds like a Jilly Cooper novel!

What gets me is, there isn’t that much interest in them. They aren’t the royal family or the kardashians. I liked Amanda but you can see the change before your eyes the pouting, the fake posh accent inter seeded with broad Yorkshire. It’s a shame because if she hadn’t of turned into someone so up their own arse I’m sure she would have plenty of support. But then who knows what goes on behind closed doors. All I know is from what we see on tv and social media is Amanda has sold her soul to the devil, yes she’s enabled the family to be financially secure but at what cost?
The kids seem pretty well rounded and polite, Clive seems lovely and Amanda is a good mum. But is it all smoke and mirrors for the telly.
Everything in life is smoke and mirrors at the moment with this PR lark. It's hard to know what to believe☹

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She has her own show now on the BBC she is fast becoming a star in her own right, Strictly Come Dancing next year!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2