Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

loubylou50

VIP Member
Has anyone else noticed that the (I think) final episode of the show didn’t air on Tuesday and has just disappeared from the Channel 5 schedule?! Very odd, wonder why? People have been asking Amanda on Insta and she replied to one person just saying “don’t worry, we’re still here and will be active on Twitter and Instagram” 🤔

Reactions: 2

Raa

VIP Member
I don’t know when Clive and Amanda got together but the daughter is probably still in the child’s mindset of being hurt that the family has broken up and Amanda is the ‘other women’. To come crawling out all of a sudden to lay the boot in and expect money is wrong. I don’t think Amanda necessarily needed to go to the wedding tho.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
If I was Clive I'd be questioning if the children were all mine.
The saying birds of a feather flock together seems apt for Amanda and her paramour. Wonder which one will do the dirty on the other first?

Eirawen

VIP Member
She has her own show now on the BBC she is fast becoming a star in her own right, Strictly Come Dancing next year!!

• Wow

loubylou50

VIP Member
I have watched it on plus 1 and it really is becoming the Clemmie show.
Totally - probably like most of us, I started off thinking she was funny and cute, but now 😴 let some of the other kids have airtime please! Maybe it comes most naturally to her, but the quieter children have had recent moments of really starting to shine when they get a chance!

Raininvain

VIP Member
Y
My husband and I have the same age cap. We are still very happily married after 21 years together however he is now my carer. I began with health issues 10 years ago and he still works full time though he is nearly at retirement age and looks after me. Age doesn't matter. Health can fail you at any age
Yes it can but its more likely the older partner may suffer from ill health than the younger one.Also if its a man that's the older partner they tend to die younger than women anyway.I'm glad your marriage is working out well for you but I do think age matters very much. At the end of the day everyone's opinions are different on this issue.

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
I hope this doesn't come across as getting at your comment because that's not how it's meant. It's more I don't understand what you mean...
Why would he guess she would tire of him and their life together? Surely when people marry they expect, or at least hope it will be forever. Age gaps, lots of kids, demanding work etc are all stressors but wouldn't he just have assumed they'd work through it together as a team?
Purely because of the age gap. He's 67 now and she's still relatively young. I know, if I'd met and married an ex male model 20 years my junior, it would always be at the back of my mind, that one day he'd be my carer.

So, I'd expect him bolt before then!

Raininvain

VIP Member
The comments about the age difference, she wasn't a young bimbo gold digger after what she could get, age really doesn't matter, their kids come across as well mannered ,with good work ethics, not like most stuck in front of a TV etc.
They're investing in their future, who can blame them, TV work can be short lived.
We don't know Clive's side of the story with his daughter, you know. some families just don't get on!
Age does matter IMO. One of my friends relatives married a much older man, 20 plus years. By the time she was in her early- mid 40s he was in his 70s and had strokes and dementia etc. She was stuck looking after him(family wouldn't help) and he verbally abused her constantly. She was constantly on the verge of a breakdown. He eventually went into residential care.
She said that people will say age doesn't matter and when they do, think about what happened with me. She advised anyone strongly to marry someone around the same age. Her example is not unusual.
I don't know anything about Clive's daughter, I've not commented on that.

rivermonster

VIP Member
The only thing I don't understand is how she is able to do the book signings and Evening With tour when she has the kids and farm to look after, her husband can only do so much and most of the kids are not old enough to do everything for themselves.

Maid22

VIP Member
Am watching her new show now, she's already annoyed me, turning up dressed in shorts and a vest top for a dinner!

Randy77

Chatty Member
I think the whole programme was based on Ben Fogle and New Lives. He goes to exotic places and Amanda does the farming lives.

I agree with the above comments. "Mummy Owen"?! How many mummies do they have?!

loubylou50

VIP Member
Yes, I've just found her. Not sure why she had stopped showing on my feed. Glad to see all is normal ❤
She doesn’t show up in my feed any more either, but I just checked and am still following her! So it wasn’t just you wondering where she’d gone 🤣

• Heart

Raininvain

VIP Member
Wow !
Well she certainly did and it appears they have been very happily married for many many years with children who come across as really happy.
And so what if she did contact tv companies , and secure her family’s financial future 🤷🏼‍♀️ Good on her , it certainly hasn’t done them any harm .
I know this is tattle but your comments seem incredibly personal and vindictive without any rational points !
That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.