Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
A few comments in the Mail comments say that it’s been known for some time in the farming community that she is having an affair with one of the camera men. And that it’s not the first time.
No surprise there, she hankered to be a catwalk model but only got work modelling cardigans and sweaters for catalogues, I expect she now thinks she is mixing with the right kind of people and wants to be a celebrity. She will be doing Strictly next year.

I had a feeling this would happen,she had a taste of what life could be like for her&she may not want to go back. I feel sorry for Clive,he seems genuine&lovely with the kids. There’s something about Amanda though,like it’s all an act.
I am glad that its out in the open though, this illusion of them being the perfect white hardworking family was a bit silly really but of course DM readers lapped it up. She is a schemer and very ambitious and she obviously started to see that she could be a celebrity and find fame which I think she craves.

Reactions: 3
I think it definitely missed Clemmie. I do think the three young'uns lack any sort of charisma or joie de vivre, or... something.
definitely, i thought it had some nice wholesome moments but it's quite boring watching 3 teenagers drive around on diggers for an hour, hope the rest of the series has a bit more to it

I thought there was tension in the air on one of the birthdays of the children. Think it was Violet's. Felt really sorry for her and I wondered what was up.
I remember that. It was only Clive and the kids for the whole episode except Violet's birthday at the end. When it shows Amanda at the end after Clive took her out shopping and I think to eat trifle for her birthday.

There wasn't much communication between Amanda and Clive at that bit either.

And Violets birthday celebration was in the kitchen of "The Firs" house too. Maybe that's the reason why Amanda was only shown at the point in the episode.

Eirawen

VIP Member
That makes sense. Sorry, I didn't realise Gunnerside and Reeth were so close together.

I think the good majority of them were born on the side of the road too. Except for Raven, Reuben, Violet and of course Clemmie who was born at their home.
I'm surprised Amanda didn't do more to prepare for their births considering how they live so remotely and she always use to talk about how hard it is even going tfo the shops for food or for farming supplies.
She probably loved the drama of giving birth in an ambulance with the Paramedics telling her to push and administering oxygen. Then being blue lighted to the local hospital siren wailing lights flashing she would have loved it.

Orchid21

She has made a career partly out of how many children she has. She would have been far less interesting if she had the usual 2 kids. She's not as bad as the Radfords, but part of her usp was her bringing up loads of children on a farm and popping them out no problem at all, then criticising other people's parenting to sell her books. If it turns out that she had had 9 kids, even though they were mostly premature and poorly, then people have a right to question her rationale.
From reading her books, only Reuben and Nancy were premature (2nd and 9th) and needed hospital treatment at birth. The others were all fine, she just had very fast labours and gave birth in ambulances en route a few times.

xRFx

In fairness to her, she has made her family financially secure. Farmings is hard, especially if you are a tenant. Doing the tv, books etc - nobody would turn it down.
Absolutely, whilst I don’t farm I have significant agricultural connections and insight into the hardships which is probably what lead me away from A career in that area. But it’s a shame that it appears to of cost her her family or her husband at any rate in the process.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I used to like her, but the more I see of her, the more I think she's a serious attention seeker.

Never mind the mini skirts, it's obvious who wears the trousers in that household. Poor Clive is well under the thumb!
I agree 💯 I don't think I would like to live with her she is too domineering and thinks she's always right.

Being the eldest of 4, I hate large families; as the eldest is left to carry the can. I escaped by going to university! Very selfish IMO. Hence I only had 2 children.
Good in you for getting away!

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I remember when Reuben got his job as a mechanic how cringeworthy Amanda was when she gleefully told him that he could service and repair their vehicles from now in and they wouldn't have to pay. I also felt there was quite a lot of tension between Amanda and her eldest child Raven at times.
I thought there was tension in the air on one of the birthdays of the children. Think it was Violet's. Felt really sorry for her and I wondered what was up.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Im new to the show (and this thread) im on series 4 now.
Hth does she keep up with the washing is what i want to know. I mean their clothes will be rotten at the end of the day so she will be doing 11 sets of stuff. Clive is lovely. What a hard working man. So lovely with the children. Feel sad knowing what has gone on with Amanda tho. It looked an idyllic life. Hard work no doubt and thats an understatement but i think the idea of being so isolated appeals to me!!
She probably got the older kids to do a the washing.

Misbehaving

VIP Member
Misbehaving - they have 22 !!! I didn't know they had that many, they had about 12 last time I saw them. o_O
That is a lot and if talk is to be believed she is still trying to add to that figure?
I honestly don't know how anyone could reasonably parent so many children but then I do think it's a case of Sue has not really been parented herself?
Just on a physical level I don't know how her body has coped with it?
I have four and it's taken its toll on me!
She must be very strong I'll give her that!

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
Does anyone think Amanda has had some work done to her face? She looks so different now although granted she was constantly pregnant in the old photos
Yes, I thought that too. She had her teeth whitened which looks good but her face seems altered.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Also her husband is 66. She’s 47. The age gap will show now. She is out and about meeting different people, the limelight etc. He is an elderly guy now. Now she has had her kids (9 of ‘em!) she might think it is her time. It would be hard not to get your head turned. Not condoning it, but I can see why it might happen.
Well, prancing around the farmyard in her mini skirts worked, she didn't look like a convincing farmer's wife but she pulled and got what she wanted . Conniving bitch.

Maid22

VIP Member
I used to really like watching them, but this series not into it, I only watch if there's nothing else on!!!!

loubylou50

VIP Member
Interesting to see that Amanda’s done a dog food advert on her Insta grid and there’s really mixed reactions to it, reading the comments - a split between people saying please don’t go down the #ad route and others saying she’s just paying her bills! I guess I don’t mind the odd advert if it’s relevant to her lifestyle, but if she starts selling out to anyone who pays her a fee then I’ll be unfollowing!

loubylou50

VIP Member
I've been watching for years but I don't remember seeing Anna's? She was with Amanda and Clemmie hiding from the mountain rescue team in last night's episode.
Same - I knew there was another younger girl but could never remember her name as she was rarely on screen! I think both she and Miles have had a chance to blossom a bit with the older ones gone, which is nice to see.

Maid22

VIP Member
I was just wondering why some of the children are shown more than others, maybe some don't like being filmed, we all know how horrible sm can be.

Reactions: 2