Our House - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lowering the tone I know but is nobody going to mention “Toby’s” bulge in those black pants 🥵🥵😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I like Martin Compston so wanted to like this but all of it just so unbelievable and made me roll me eyes throughout. I also expected a better twist at the end 🤷🏽‍♀️

Also, you think they could have bought a few more lightbulbs with a house worth £2M.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watched them all last night . . . loved it, thought Martin Compston looked fit as 😍 but the blackmailers voice really annoyed me I couldn’t think who she sounded like, then it came to me, she sounds just like Nina off Corrie!!

Reactions: 6
Can you just kill yourself by just walking into the sea?
Thought it was pretty much impossible to drown on purpose

Can you just kill yourself by just walking into the sea?
Thought it was pretty much impossible to drown on purpose
I said this and u don’t actually see him go fully in I’m sure it shows u him at the water then the splash but the splash isn’t that far out in water to assume drowning

I was wondering whether the child's obsession with his spellings and the teacher hating him would tie in somehow? Perhaps the female blackmailer is his teacher.

Reactions: 2
This was pretty poor overall and the ending especially so. No point in a sequel, she goes down for murder, her friend as accessory and her kids into care. Blackmail girl gets elocution lessons and stops taking fashion advice from Alesha Dixon. I was more worried what happened to the ditched car to be honest, than any of the characters.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watched them all last night . . . loved it, thought Martin Compston looked fit as 😍 but the blackmailers voice really annoyed me I couldn’t think who she sounded like, then it came to me, she sounds just like Nina off Corrie!!
I've got one episode left of this to watch but I don't mind spoilers so had a read on here - Have to agree, Martin looked lush in this :love: I've found it quite gripping but also have had to suspend my disbelief a few times haha I don't know how to spoiler but it was a very convenient set of circumstances for M&W, out of the people on the roads that night... Having said that, with regard to Bram, people in real life do get themselves into these types of situations where they can't see sense and can't see a way out! Probaly the biggest obstacle for me was Fi staying friends with Merle jeeeeez no way would that happen in real life 🤦‍♀️

Was Merles baby Brams? I felt like the timeline jumped around that much I couldn’t decide if their was a possibility it was his.

Was Merles baby Brams? I felt like the timeline jumped around that much I couldn’t decide if their was a possibility it was his.
No I think they were all Merle's husband's kids. Merle turning up at the door pregnant at the end of ep 1 was just to create suspension for the viewers. So Merle's pregnancies in the flashbacks and in the current time were both her husband's kids.

Reactions: 2
I absolutely loved this! Everything about it was perfect.

(Click blurred bits to see my comments):

I thought - just a few minutes into it, and not having a clue what it was about - we were going to see some poor lady having had a breakdown, and forgetting everything that had led up to that

I don't think Fi remaining friends with Merle would've been that much of a stretch ... the main character in 'The Holiday' seemed rather forgiving when she thought her friends were fooling around with her husband, so maybe that's the way TV writers are heading nowadays. I don't think her baby was Bram's.

Bram's suicide really shocked me but I guess he didn't see another way out when he was going to be found guilty over the car accident. Did they explain why he went to Geneva, was it for tax purposes?
I thought the view he looked towards (from the beach, in the dark) was the same as that in their wedding photo (the one she threw in the bin at the flat).

I assumed they just had no mortgage? In the world of people who own multi million pound houses it’s not impossible. But yeah, my oh and I were saying to each other 1) how did this plan even come about and 2) why on earth would you not just confess. The stuff they were using to get him onboard- you’ll never see kids again etc- well you’d see them more from a prison sentence than having to flee the country and live under a false identity surely!
She said - when he asked if they should take out a loan to cover the extra expense of the flat and living expenses - that they were already broke and said something about the mortgage.

What did they both do for jobs?

am sure the book ended with Fi and the kids flying out to meet him?? The photo he left in the birdnests flat, was a hint for her so to follow him over to there. Am I dreaming???
He did something in sales, and she did something with homewares - although it seemed to be more a corporate than retail job.

Reactions: 1
Hope I've spoilered this right. I wish they had tied the ending up properly.

Even if it was just some wording with their photos and a sentence to say "Bram's body was found x days later/Bram's body was never found" Then same for Fi "Fi was charged with murder and sentenced to x amount of years in prison" Wendy "Wendy's whereabouts are not known"

Reactions: 8