Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
God I can’t stand the blackmailer. I know you’re not meant to like her but she’s setting my teeth on edge

Reactions: 22

queenamber

VIP Member
Really enjoying it and going to finish the last two episodes on ITV Player tonight.

Although the young woman who Bram slept with (Wendy?) is annoying me SO much. That voice!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

queenamber

VIP Member
Watched all episodes in quite a short period of time, I did enjoy them but I didn’t quite get this bit:

Didn’t Bram sort of drop her in it in his voice suicide note when he said she was tricked by someone using a false identity? Because they’d surely have to look in to that? Plus they’d figure out that he couldn’t have killed Toby/Mike, gone to Geneva and transferred the money in the time that he was supposedly killing Toby/Mike in the flat?

Basically I enjoyed it but I think it’s one of those ones where you have to be willing to suspend your disbelief whilst watching…
I suspended my disbelief when we were expected to believe he moved all of the stuff out of the house in one day 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

kev1974

VIP Member
I watched all four eps last night (they're on ITV Hub) and felt the story fell apart somewhat in the last episode, but I'll wait till its been broadcast to comment further. Rupert was good as always.

Reactions: 9

JaffaCake

I like Martin Compston so wanted to like this but all of it just so unbelievable and made me roll me eyes throughout. I also expected a better twist at the end 🤷🏽‍♀️

Also, you think they could have bought a few more lightbulbs with a house worth £2M.

• Haha

wearedoomed

This was pretty poor overall and the ending especially so. No point in a sequel, she goes down for murder, her friend as accessory and her kids into care. Blackmail girl gets elocution lessons and stops taking fashion advice from Alesha Dixon. I was more worried what happened to the ditched car to be honest, than any of the characters.

• Haha

yellowmellow

VIP Member
Hope I've spoilered this right. I wish they had tied the ending up properly.

Even if it was just some wording with their photos and a sentence to say "Bram's body was found x days later/Bram's body was never found" Then same for Fi "Fi was charged with murder and sentenced to x amount of years in prison" Wendy "Wendy's whereabouts are not known"

Reactions: 8

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Watching as it's shown so just seen ep 3. But still can't get over how Fi is still talking to Merle. Who would? I think she is involved somehow

Reactions: 8

kev1974

VIP Member
Programme completely ignored the fact that
on the sale of the house, most of the £2m would have gone back to the mortgage lender and not the blackmailers/Bram, I can't see how even the dodgiest of solicitors could have got round that - the lender simply would not have released the deeds or their charge on it so the new buyers' purchase would simply never go through.

Also the police would have figured out pretty quickly what killed bad guy, with his body being right there for them to do tests on, regardless of Bram's confession.

Not to mention the ridiculous number of chance things that had to align for the car crash stunt and the blackmail to work at all!

Reactions: 7

MaryJones1

I enjoyed it, prob preferred the first 2 episodes and was trying to predict what was going to happen. Thought he might fake his own death. I was disappointed with the ending in that we didn't really get any explanation as to how the scenario came about. Was he being watched before the accident and were they planning it or did they just happen to meet him, it could have been anyone? Would have enjoyed a bit of a flashback to how the 2 fraudsters planned it?
Also there is no way Fi would have remained friends with the girl he slept with!

Sorry, not good with names 😂

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
I watched all 4 tonight and was convinced that Fi knew he was being blackmailed and was playing along and they’d walk into the sunset as a family in the end. So the ending left me 😦

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I enjoyed it. Fi is absolutely gorgeous! I am surprised they had her and the neighbour remain close, that would almost never happen in real life! I love Rupert penry jones and he played a bad guy very well. I haven’t read the book so when I read the shows synopsis and started ep 1 I thought maybe it was time travel or alternate universe lol I enjoyed it tho. Wendy was insufferable tho. She only seemed about 15.

Reactions: 6

Tilly3

VIP Member
Watched them all last night . . . loved it, thought Martin Compston looked fit as 😍 but the blackmailers voice really annoyed me I couldn’t think who she sounded like, then it came to me, she sounds just like Nina off Corrie!!

Reactions: 6

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Bram's suicide really shocked me but I guess he didn't see another way out when he was going to be found guilty over the car accident. Did they explain why he went to Geneva, was it for tax purposes?
We were shouting at the telly “just go to the f*cking police! Yeah he would have gone to jail but as you say, they could have stayed put and there’s a chance they would have seen them.

I couldn’t get my head around how they managed to come across someone on the road who just happened to have a £2million house. Of course they might have tried to blackmail whoever it was but it just all seemed a bit…convenient. Or what if he didn’t have a wife who would succumb to Tony’s charms?

And I know it was based on a book but Martin Compston does not look like a Bram 😂! In fact, would anyone from Scotland be a Bram? A Bob, but not a Bram.

Overall, like most other things lately, good in parts, far fetched in others and a disappointing ending 😔)

Ah I'm sorry. When you said 'it's the neighbour for me', I thought you meant you thought she was involved in the house sale.
As things went on, I did wonder but she just annoyed me, shouting at the couple!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5