Our House - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished watching the final two episodes tonight. Really enjoyed it but one thing I did wonder…

…is why he didn’t just confess in the first place? Or at least when he realised the alternative. If I’ve understood correctly, he’d either have been sent down for manslaughter, amongst the driving offences etc. but his wife and children would have stayed in the house, or he’d have had to disappear under the false identity and they’d lose everything. Either way, he would no longer be with his family but at least if he’d have confessed, his family would have stayed there, wouldn’t they?

I actually read the book in 2018 and couldn’t remember the storyline 😂 I’ve just read the end of the book though to see if it ends the same, which it basically does. Will have to reread!

Reactions: 4
Watching as it's shown so just seen ep 3. But still can't get over how Fi is still talking to Merle. Who would? I think she is involved somehow

Reactions: 8
I’ve watched the last two and nothing changed my mind about the neighbour so I’m not sure what you’re meaning?
Ah I'm sorry. When you said 'it's the neighbour for me', I thought you meant you thought she was involved in the house sale.

Reactions: 1
I watched all 4 tonight and was convinced that Fi knew he was being blackmailed and was playing along and they’d walk into the sunset as a family in the end. So the ending left me 😦

Reactions: 7
Bram's suicide really shocked me but I guess he didn't see another way out when he was going to be found guilty over the car accident. Did they explain why he went to Geneva, was it for tax purposes?
We were shouting at the telly “just go to the f*cking police! Yeah he would have gone to jail but as you say, they could have stayed put and there’s a chance they would have seen them.

I couldn’t get my head around how they managed to come across someone on the road who just happened to have a £2million house. Of course they might have tried to blackmail whoever it was but it just all seemed a bit…convenient. Or what if he didn’t have a wife who would succumb to Tony’s charms?

And I know it was based on a book but Martin Compston does not look like a Bram 😂! In fact, would anyone from Scotland be a Bram? A Bob, but not a Bram.

Overall, like most other things lately, good in parts, far fetched in others and a disappointing ending 😔)

Ah I'm sorry. When you said 'it's the neighbour for me', I thought you meant you thought she was involved in the house sale.
As things went on, I did wonder but she just annoyed me, shouting at the couple!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Programme completely ignored the fact that
on the sale of the house, most of the £2m would have gone back to the mortgage lender and not the blackmailers/Bram, I can't see how even the dodgiest of solicitors could have got round that - the lender simply would not have released the deeds or their charge on it so the new buyers' purchase would simply never go through.

Also the police would have figured out pretty quickly what killed bad guy, with his body being right there for them to do tests on, regardless of Bram's confession.

Not to mention the ridiculous number of chance things that had to align for the car crash stunt and the blackmail to work at all!

on the sale of the house, most of the £2m would have gone back to the mortgage lender and not the blackmailers/Bram, I can't see how even the dodgiest of solicitors could have got round that. Also the police would have figured out pretty quickly what killed bad guy, with his body being right there for them to do tests on, regardless of Bram's confession.
While I was trying to make sense of the convenience of it being Brat on the road, THIS was the hill my husband was dying on! I’m all for a bit of poetic licence but come on!

Reactions: 2
Just Watched the last episode, over all I enjoyed it, some bits were a bit hard to believe though and as I haven't read the book i don't know how true it was to the original story. Enjoyed the ending.

So it just kinda ended? Assuming she goes prison? Like....who knows but yeah surely confessing from Bram would have made more sense than what actually happened. However that wouldn't have made good reading/viewing I guess!

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed it. Fi is absolutely gorgeous! I am surprised they had her and the neighbour remain close, that would almost never happen in real life! I love Rupert penry jones and he played a bad guy very well. I haven’t read the book so when I read the shows synopsis and started ep 1 I thought maybe it was time travel or alternate universe lol I enjoyed it tho. Wendy was insufferable tho. She only seemed about 15.

Reactions: 6
I enjoyed it but not sure about the ending. Did Bram really die? Was she off to prison? Would Wendy remain quiet?

I enjoyed it, prob preferred the first 2 episodes and was trying to predict what was going to happen. Thought he might fake his own death. I was disappointed with the ending in that we didn't really get any explanation as to how the scenario came about. Was he being watched before the accident and were they planning it or did they just happen to meet him, it could have been anyone? Would have enjoyed a bit of a flashback to how the 2 fraudsters planned it?
Also there is no way Fi would have remained friends with the girl he slept with!

Sorry, not good with names 😂

on the sale of the house, most of the £2m would have gone back to the mortgage lender and not the blackmailers/Bram, I can't see how even the dodgiest of solicitors could have got round that - the lender simply would not have released the deeds or their charge on it so the new buyers' purchase would simply never go through.

Also the police would have figured out pretty quickly what killed bad guy, with his body being right there for them to do tests on, regardless of Bram's confession.

Not to mention the ridiculous number of chance things that had to align for the car crash stunt and the blackmail to work at all!
I assumed they just had no mortgage? In the world of people who own multi million pound houses it’s not impossible. But yeah, my oh and I were saying to each other 1) how did this plan even come about and 2) why on earth would you not just confess. The stuff they were using to get him onboard- you’ll never see kids again etc- well you’d see them more from a prison sentence than having to flee the country and live under a false identity surely!

Reactions: 1
What did they both do for jobs?

am sure the book ended with Fi and the kids flying out to meet him?? The photo he left in the birdnests flat, was a hint for her so to follow him over to there. Am I dreaming???

Watched all episodes in quite a short period of time, I did enjoy them but I didn’t quite get this bit:

Didn’t Bram sort of drop her in it in his voice suicide note when he said she was tricked by someone using a false identity? Because they’d surely have to look in to that? Plus they’d figure out that he couldn’t have killed Toby/Mike, gone to Geneva and transferred the money in the time that he was supposedly killing Toby/Mike in the flat?

Basically I enjoyed it but I think it’s one of those ones where you have to be willing to suspend your disbelief whilst watching…

Reactions: 4
Watched all episodes in quite a short period of time, I did enjoy them but I didn’t quite get this bit:

Didn’t Bram sort of drop her in it in his voice suicide note when he said she was tricked by someone using a false identity? Because they’d surely have to look in to that? Plus they’d figure out that he couldn’t have killed Toby/Mike, gone to Geneva and transferred the money in the time that he was supposedly killing Toby/Mike in the flat?

Basically I enjoyed it but I think it’s one of those ones where you have to be willing to suspend your disbelief whilst watching…
I
thought the same, and I think that’s why she was in the police car at the end

I suspended my disbelief when we were expected to believe he moved all of the stuff out of the house in one day 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11