Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dating apps exhaust me!!! The amount of guys I've spent ages getting to know, only for them to ghost me before we even meet! Like why did they bother talking to me for so long, you would think they would be the ones wanting to meet?

One other thing I will say is that I think it's a misconception that women are the desperate sex... Every guy that I actually have met up with has been insanely keen and it's quite off putting to me lol

Reactions: 7
I don't blame you at all. Did he try and reach out again or did he get the vibe from the day šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£
Oh no, he kept on. People like that donā€™t take hints easily. I remember driving home and phoning my dad to tell him about it. He said, donā€™t bother with him again!!! šŸ¤£

I don't have any horror stories but for anyone wanting a bit of hope, the first ever guy I met off a dating site was nearly 6 years ago and we are still together today šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 8
On my first date with a girl, she wanted to go to the cinema. 'Sure' I say, 'I want to see Natural Born Killers' she says . You can guess where that relationship went.....

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Another one turned up 45 mins late (donā€™t know why I stayed and waited), them took me to Nandoā€™s and decided on his food and got up and got straight in the queue so I was then queuing behind him. Nope. See ya.
WTF, I don't think I would have joined him in the queue, I would have let him order his meal and then left straight away without ordering myself :D

On my first date with a girl, she wanted to go to the cinema. 'Sure' I say, 'I want to see Natural Born Killers' she says . You can guess where that relationship went.....
Did you travel the country shooting random innocents together and messing with snakes :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
The problem with dating apps/sites is, back in the day, about 10 years ago, they weren't so popular and were a taboo topic. People were kind of embarrassed to say they were using them. It wasn't so common. And therefore, there weren't that many people on there and I met some really decent guys there and had long-term relationships. In recent years though, online dating has become very popular with all these various apps and now all sorts of weirdos and psychos are using them. It's become very difficult to meet someone decent and normal there unfortunately. At least that's my experience. :rolleyes:

The problem with dating apps/sites is, back in the day, about 10 years ago, they weren't so popular and were a taboo topic. People were kind of embarrassed to say they were using them. It wasn't so common. And therefore, there weren't that many people on there and I met some really decent guys there and had long-term relationships. In recent years though, online dating has become very popular with all these various apps and now all sorts of weirdos and psychos are using them. It's become very difficult to meet someone decent and normal there unfortunately. At least that's my experience. :rolleyes:
I disagree. There defo was plenty of weirdos and psychos 10 years ago šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My one and only online dating experience was so bad, I still cringe when I think about it. He told me he was a non-smoker but turned up with nicotine-stained fingers, smelling of old sweat and stale smoke. I let that go because, well, I was being polite. He went to the bar and ordered himself a pint. Didn't offer to get me a drink. No worries, I thought, so I bought my own pint. He then told me 'ladies don't drink pints' and that I should have ordered two half pint glasses instead. Okaaay...the date staggered on for another half an hour or so, with him talking about himself, his ex, his job, his flat, his hopes and dreams (boring bastard) then thank God, my friend called me (pre-arranged rescue call in case it was terrible) and sadly, I had to leave because my non-existent auntie Vi had fallen down the stairs (poor Auntie Vi!) and I had to go and help. He proceeded to bombard me with texts after that, trying to arrange another meeting. I blocked his number in the end.

Worst date ever.

• Haha
Iā€™ve had a few..

2017 my ex had left me and Iā€™d found out horrific things he has been doing behind my back. My friends persuaded me to go on tinder & pof. Was on them for around 6 months, I spoke to one guy quite a bit, text a lot, phone calls etc. Then suddenly he ghosted me, he never went back on whatā€™s app or pof etc. So I got over that and when I had pretty much given up thanks to all the random dick pics and twats I met the most incredible man. We got together and had the best times, we were engaged to be married last year but sadly he suffered bad mental health and he died 12 weeks before our wedding to suicide.
Im grateful for all the time I had with him though because he was my soul mate and he treated me like a princess. Itā€™s been over a year since his death now and my friends have all been saying I need some fun. So back on tinder and pof I go.. (please donā€™t judge me for this, Iā€™ve judged myself enough! Purely for fun. My heart is way to much still with my love I lost).
I met a guy on there, I was honest to all men I spoke to about my situation, seemed nice. ended up being a twit. Met another guy who I had no interest in but he doesnā€™t leave me alone, finally agreed to meet him and he came over one eve it was horrific, he didnā€™t get any of the hints, when he eventually left he hugged me and it was so so cringe.
Oh and the guy who ghosted ne back in 2017...one day Iā€™m scrolling through Facebook and a friend had shared a news article, low and behold heā€™s a pedalo and was put in jail !!! Lucky sodding escape.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Iā€™ve had a few..

2017 my ex had left me and Iā€™d found out horrific things he has been doing behind my back. My friends persuaded me to go on tinder & pof. Was on them for around 6 months, I spoke to one guy quite a bit, text a lot, phone calls etc. Then suddenly he ghosted me, he never went back on whatā€™s app or pof etc. So I got over that and when I had pretty much given up thanks to all the random dick pics and twats I met the most incredible man. We got together and had the best times, we were engaged to be married last year but sadly he suffered bad mental health and he died 12 weeks before our wedding to suicide.
Im grateful for all the time I had with him though because he was my soul mate and he treated me like a princess. Itā€™s been over a year since his death now and my friends have all been saying I need some fun. So back on tinder and pof I go.. (please donā€™t judge me for this, Iā€™ve judged myself enough! Purely for fun. My heart is way to much still with my love I lost).
I met a guy on there, I was honest to all men I spoke to about my situation, seemed nice. ended up being a twit. Met another guy who I had no interest in but he doesnā€™t leave me alone, finally agreed to meet him and he came over one eve it was horrific, he didnā€™t get any of the hints, when he eventually left he hugged me and it was so so cringe.
Oh and the guy who ghosted ne back in 2017...one day Iā€™m scrolling through Facebook and a friend had shared a news article, low and behold heā€™s a weirdo and was put in jail !!! Lucky sodding escape.
Sincere condolences on the death of your fiancƩ - how sad. Sorry to hear of your dating experiences since then, I hope one day you meet someone who makes your heart sing again.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Iā€™ve had a few..

Oh and the guy who ghosted ne back in 2017...one day Iā€™m scrolling through Facebook and a friend had shared a news article, low and behold heā€™s a weirdo and was put in jail !!! Lucky sodding escape.
So sorry for your loss, hope the future holds happiness for you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Someone that I know went on a date with a man that she met on eHarmony. They had been talking for a couple of weeks and she thought that he seemed a really nice guy. They both shared a love of dogs and good wine. They agreed to go for dinner at a pub local to her. When she gets there, she soon realised that his online personality was nothing like his messages. She is a bubbly person and so was making jokes and giggling a lot. He said to her, completely stone faced, during the main course, ā€œyou like to laugh, donā€™t you?ā€ She said back to him that he should ā€œlighten up a bit, because he was coming across like a serial killerā€. The conversation wasnā€™t great after this and so she didnā€™t opt for desert! He said that he would pay the bill and she politely accepted as she was just focused on getting out of there as she wasnā€™t getting a great vibe. When she stood up to leave, he smacked her on the arse really hard in front of everyone. She turned around to him and swore at him, asking him what he was doing and practically ran out of the place. I would have been mortified!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Someone that I know went on a date with a man that she met on eHarmony. They had been talking for a couple of weeks and she thought that he seemed a really nice guy. They both shared a love of dogs and good wine. They agreed to go for dinner at a pub local to her. When she gets there, she soon realised that his online personality was nothing like his messages. She is a bubbly person and so was making jokes and giggling a lot. He said to her, completely stone faced, during the main course, ā€œyou like to laugh, donā€™t you?ā€ She said back to him that he should ā€œlighten up a bit, because he was coming across like a serial killerā€. The conversation wasnā€™t great after this and so she didnā€™t opt for desert! He said that he would pay the bill and she politely accepted as she was just focused on getting out of there as she wasnā€™t getting a great vibe. When she stood up to leave, he smacked her on the arse really hard in front of everyone. She turned around to him and swore at him, asking him what he was doing and practically ran out of the place. I would have been mortified!!!
Oh my God, sounds like she dodged a bullet. People can come across as charming and charismatic online but in real life are anything but. I always advise people to meet up with their date sooner rather than later - don't fall in love with an online personality because the real life person might be very different. Plus there are the physical things you can't appreciate through the printed word or even video calls - a nasty habit of spitting when they talk, a weird swampy smell, breath that could asphyxiate a small child, greasy unwashed hair, dandruff flakes on their shoulders - or is that just the men I've met? :D :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A guy messaged me once asking if I'd like him to be my fart slave!

I had no clue what this was, and when I reluctantly googled it, the description was simply, "A person who enjoys being dominated by farts."

It was just so ludicrous that I jokingly replied back by thanking him but saying I already had a fart slave who came around every Thursday.

He seemed to take this totally seriously and got very excited that I was, in fact, some kind of farting dominatrix. He said he could actually come around twice a week for total fart submission.

I thanked him again but said that I just didn't fart enough to require two fart slaves.

He thanked me for my time and wished me well.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
A guy messaged me once asking if I'd like him to be my fart slave!

I had no clue what this was, and when I reluctantly googled it, the description was simply, "A person who enjoys being dominated by farts."

It was just so ludicrous that I jokingly replied back by thanking him but saying I already had a fart slave who came around every Thursday.

He seemed to take this totally seriously and got very excited that I was, in fact, some kind of farting dominatrix. He said he could actually come around twice a week for total fart submission.

I thanked him again but said that I just didn't fart enough to require two fart slaves.

He thanked me for my time and wished me well.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Crying šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ was he good looking!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I met a guy through Facebook many years ago we arranged to meet up one afternoon for a walk so I took my adorable German Shepherd well he was adorable to me along , he decided it would be a fun idea to drink seawater, the dog not the date got almost immediate diarrhoea and then proceeded to lap it up. No I didnā€™t see him again no idea why he wasnā€™t attracted to me when I related the story to my friend she said nothing about the dogs antics looked me straight in the eye and said you didnā€™t wear your red kagool did you šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Crying šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ was he good looking!?
I remember he was over a good decade younger than me. I was late 30's and he was mid-20's, and funnily enough, he wasn't bad looking. Quite rugged, outdoorsy, etc.

It really was the most hilarious online dating exchange I'd had.

One very lovely and sincere offer I also had was from a guy (again, quite good-looking and normal profile) messaging me to tell me that he fancied having a wank and would I like to watch?!

Not now, mate, I've just settled down for Line of Duty.

Oh, and another bloke with no profile photo (which I normally would ignore straight away) but he did actually send a very funny opening message that was personal to my profile.

I thanked him for the message but said I don't engage with anyone who has no photos.

He replied with "How's this?" and uploaded a photo of his arse!

It was really saggy, too. I think if I'd have been him I would have just googled "arses" and picked the best one.

šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 13