Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I met my ex on pof in 2012 we were together until 2017 and had a young child.
He turned out to be controlling, emotionally,mentally and physically abusive.
I never would of thought someone could of treated me like he did.
After months of terrorising me with messages threats of self harm , accusations and then indicating harm to my child I got an indefinite restraining order and he was charged with ABH.
I know if it wasnt for the final act of violence stopping me and the fact I went to work the next day with blood pouring down my head my life would of been a different story.

I do have a happy ending I met my current boyfriend in 2019 on tinder after 2 years of being on my own.

Was this the program about the young girl who split with her boyfriend and he murdered her by slitting her throat in her car?

When I read stories now and think back to my own experience I can see the signs.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone had any dangerous or bad experiences with online dating ?

Whether an experience happened to you or someone you know, or the person turned out to be convicted of something really dodgy.

I made this thread cause I was watching an online horror story documentary series that aired on channel 4 a few years ago and there were some bloody scary firsthand experiences off that show 🙈
What show was this please?

Thank you Annaj.
This is one story I read and im sure there was a tv program about it. Absoluetly awful! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ate-joshua-stimpson-stabbed-ex-death-text/amp
He was a fruitloop. She dumped him as he was too posessive and he stalked her for weeks up to her death. You can see online the video where he follows her in the gym and she gets up and leaves. It was found out in court that he had previous for stalky/harassy behaviour and an ex stood up in court and said he slashed her tyres when she left him and was seen driving by her house watching it in multiple occasions.... It's scary because he actually looks like an attractive normal lad but is evil. To slit someone's throat in a busy public carpark when members of the public were trying to grab him off her and he didn't care and continued doing what he did showed he was out of control.

Reactions: 3
Not many bad date stories but I do seem to have a knack of filtering out the idiots

This was too good an opportunity to miss

I also have a folder on my phone of what I call tindertards with some of the more 'unique' profiles 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My friend (actually my friend, not me 😂😂) had been seeing a guy that she met on Tinder for a month or so when they slept together for the first time. He was performing oral sex on her when he looked her dead in the eye and said (direct quote), “can I lick your bumhole?” She said no and started laughing so hard that they had to stop for a bit. She said that it wasn’t necessarily that he wanted to do that (even though she thought it was a bit bold because it was the first time that they were being intimate) and more the use of the word ‘bumhole’ that put her off. Apparently he didn’t dirty talk very well either and was using the word ‘willy’. 😂😂😂 They are not seeing each other anymore as he turned out to be a bit of an idiot, in more ways than one.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My friend (actually my friend, not me 😂😂) had been seeing a guy that she met on Tinder for a month or so when they slept together for the first time. He was performing oral sex on her when he looked her dead in the eye and said (direct quote), “can I lick your bumhole?” She said no and started laughing so hard that they had to stop for a bit. She said that it wasn’t necessarily that he wanted to do that (even though she thought it was a bit bold because it was the first time that they were being intimate) and more the use of the word ‘bumhole’ that put her off. Apparently he didn’t dirty talk very well either and was using the word ‘willy’. 😂😂😂 They are not seeing each other anymore as he turned out to be a bit of an idiot, in more ways than one.
Oh my god 😳😂 that made me lol. As if you’d ask that the first time.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
In the pre online dating days I was set up on a blind date by a colleague. I should have realised that it wouldn't go well, because she was a massive witch and never really liked me. However she was good friends with a good friend of mine, so I went along with it. She said he was a really successful journalist, very intelligent, great personality, loaded...you can probably see where this is going, however I was 22 and naive.

I turn up to date. He is the height and build of a flat racing jockey. Wet through I doubt he weighs 7st. I am more Nigella Lawson-esque before she lost weight. He shakes my hand and I swear that my hand was twice the size of his. It was like shaking hands with a 10 year old. He was also a good 20 years older than me.

I struggled through the date as best I could, and escaped as soon as I could. He was very nice and keen, but I just couldn't see him again. Oh, and he wasn't a journo either, I think from memory he did some backroom job, the loaded bit was a lie too.

Needless to say I never went on any other dates she offered to set me up on!

Online dating horrors....I have loads! Guy who was a 'professional' (hahaha) turned up for lunchtime coffee date wearing a filthy fleece with holes in. Took it off to reveal a once white T shirt. Eww. Did not stop talking about his long marriage where his wife moved into the spare room because she was tool old for sex at 45, his kids who didn't want to know him, the woman he had been seeing most recently who may or may not have been a transexual he wasn't sure and felt he couldn't ask her. This was all within the first 45 mins, he barely drew breath. I could never go in that Costa Coffee again for fear of being associated with that bloody weirdo! 😂 😂

Another one where he told racist and sexist jokes, then when I said I didn't want to see him again (diplomatically I hadn't mentioned the racism/ sexism) told me he was only after a quick duck and I was too fat to be any good :eek: Bloke who lived 7 miles from me who said I lived too far away 😂 bloke who claimed he was 25 (I was nearly 40 at the time, and flattered as he was hot) who I discovered was actually 19. And how did I find this out? Because it turned out he was the older brother of my 10 year old son's school pal 😳😳😳😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Oh my god! That happened to me too!! I couldn’t stop laughing and then he said that “I’d put him off” 😂😂

maybe it was the same guy 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In the pre online dating days I was set up on a blind date by a colleague. I should have realised that it wouldn't go well, because she was a massive witch and never really liked me. However she was good friends with a good friend of mine, so I went along with it. She said he was a really successful journalist, very intelligent, great personality, loaded...you can probably see where this is going, however I was 22 and naive.

I turn up to date. He is the height and build of a flat racing jockey. Wet through I doubt he weighs 7st. I am more Nigella Lawson-esque before she lost weight. He shakes my hand and I swear that my hand was twice the size of his. It was like shaking hands with a 10 year old. He was also a good 20 years older than me.

I struggled through the date as best I could, and escaped as soon as I could. He was very nice and keen, but I just couldn't see him again. Oh, and he wasn't a journo either, I think from memory he did some backroom job, the loaded bit was a lie too.

Needless to say I never went on any other dates she offered to set me up on!

Online dating horrors....I have loads! Guy who was a 'professional' (hahaha) turned up for lunchtime coffee date wearing a filthy fleece with holes in. Took it off to reveal a once white T shirt. Eww. Did not stop talking about his long marriage where his wife moved into the spare room because she was tool old for sex at 45, his kids who didn't want to know him, the woman he had been seeing most recently who may or may not have been a transexual he wasn't sure and felt he couldn't ask her. This was all within the first 45 mins, he barely drew breath. I could never go in that Costa Coffee again for fear of being associated with that bloody weirdo! 😂 😂

Another one where he told racist and sexist jokes, then when I said I didn't want to see him again (diplomatically I hadn't mentioned the racism/ sexism) told me he was only after a quick duck and I was too fat to be any good :eek: Bloke who lived 7 miles from me who said I lived too far away 😂 bloke who claimed he was 25 (I was nearly 40 at the time, and flattered as he was hot) who I discovered was actually 19. And how did I find this out? Because it turned out he was the older brother of my 10 year old son's school pal 😳😳😳😆
those made me laugh - thank you

I was chatting to a guy online a while back, he was constantly saying how much he loved exercising, going for a run ,etc. Photos were nice. Anyway, we met for a walk, he had a massive beer belly, I mean huge, awful yellow teeth and also a very odd scent.... :sick: He was also veeery touchy and kept trying to hug me, kiss me, etc. It was really bizarre and off-putting. I am quite certain I made it clear I wasn't feeling comfortable, but he just didn't get it. Some people don't seem to get body language at all. Or don't care.(n)

• Wow
One guy who messaged me online wasn't really my type so I politely said no thank you. However he kept sending messages that got more and more awful so I blocked him. He made 4 different profiles to message me after I'd blocked him on each.

I recently went back online thinking that now was a good time to talk to someone seeing as we can't meet in person and once again I'm attracting all the weirdos. And what is it with men messaging and not using punctuation and full words instead of abbreviations? It's one thing that pretty much automatically stops me from wanting to message them.

Was messaging one guy for a week or so. Hadn’t met up with him. I was out for a few drinks with friends after work and he started messaging me saying I wasn’t allowed to talk to any men......nope! See ya.
Another one turned up 45 mins late (don’t know why I stayed and waited), them took me to Nando’s and decided on his food and got up and got straight in the queue so I was then queuing behind him. Nope. See ya.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Was messaging one guy for a week or so. Hadn’t met up with him. I was out for a few drinks with friends after work and he started messaging me saying I wasn’t allowed to talk to any men......nope! See ya.
Another one turned up 45 mins late (don’t know why I stayed and waited), them took me to Nando’s and decided on his food and got up and got straight in the queue so I was then queuing behind him. Nope. See ya.
Did you stay for the meal 🤣

🤣 Was he at least semi decent company?
I don’t remember a lot of the conversation. I like to give the people the benefit of the doubt, hence staying and waiting. Nando’s was tick one and getting up and ordering his own was tick two. Not seeing you again! So no need to engage much in convo! 🤣

I don’t remember a lot of the conversation. I like to give the people the benefit of the doubt, hence staying and waiting. Nando’s was tick one and getting up and ordering his own was tick two. Not seeing you again! So no need to engage much in convo! 🤣
I don't blame you at all. Did he try and reach out again or did he get the vibe from the day 🤣 🤣

I’ve had two dates from online dating, first guy seemed nice, he paid for everything, had some drinks and we went into town...He never spoke to me again after that 😂 My second date thankfully did speak to me again and we’ve been together over 5 years now. He also had a date before me who didn’t even show up and had blocked him 😅

Reactions: 2