Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My horror story was meeting my ex online which led to a very toxic relationship. However I have met some nice people online you just genuinely can pretend to be someone your not online.
One person I spoke to then decided he was gay.
My current partner and hopefully has completely changed my outlook. You just have to be very careful who you meet.

Reactions: 2
Nothing to do with me but this one always stuck in my mind........ the reveal is like something from TV

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Some of these have had me laughing out loud. I’ve been on and off dating apps for 3 years. It’s draining 😖
Don’t give up-I went on well over 500 dates over a couple of years on and off
met some lovely guys (and it’s the funny ones you remember!) we just didn’t click
I was just giving up when I decided I’d go on one last date before I gave it up as a bad job
ive been with him almost 5 years now

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Someone from tinder gave me chlamydia.... haha. It didn't work out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Mine isn't online, met a guy on holiday when I was 20, he was Irish we had lots of fun on holiday. Came home I was uber keen practically invited myself to Ireland and didn't tell my mates flew over for the weekend, he was late getting me from the airport, he turned up wrecked in a taxi took me back to his, where he had been having a party guests were still there & he introduced me as his cousin!!! I just ignored though & slept with him all weekend, had fun & came back home. We stayed in contact for a while. I then bumped into him in Dublin about 2 years later at New Years & he wanted to kick things off again luckily I'd matured a bit & knew better.
We live & learn!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was feeling bold last night and sent my hinge match a message saying “are we going for a drink or not” after it seemed he killed the conversation on Sunday night. 😂 he replied with his number and to WhatsApp him. I’m yet to text him, though... because he reckon he’s 5’11 but I’m 5’9 and deffo look taller than him.... 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was feeling bold last night and sent my hinge match a message saying “are we going for a drink or not” after it seemed he killed the conversation on Sunday night. 😂 he replied with his number and to WhatsApp him. I’m yet to text him, though... because he reckon he’s 5’11 but I’m 5’9 and deffo look taller than him.... 😳
You obviously get on enough to want to go for a drink so is it just the height thing that is putting you off? Is it a major thing for you? If not just message him...what have you got to lose? ;)

Reactions: 3
I met this guy on Tinder. We chatted for a bit before meeting up for a coffee. He was so full of himself and just not genuine. He said he volunteered for mountain rescue which I know isn't true. When I got home he texted me and aaked if I wanted to go to his and sleep in his spare room and drink whisky with him. I politely said no. Then he got so mad saying that I need valium..I need a good shag and that I'm a weirdo with a split personality. He was so rude 😂 blocked him. Now he's got a pregnant girlfriend and I still see him on tinder to this day. Don't know of its an old profile or what.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Okay so this isn’t a horror story but could do with some advice. I’ve been seeing a guy for a couple of months I met online, he’s nice seems genuine. I see him once a week and it’s mainly for sex but he does stay for a couple of hours to chill afterwards..
before we met he would text me all the time (I have no issue with that) since we have met and over the last couple of months I’m lucky if I hear from him once a day. ive asked him about it and he says it’s just him and everyone pulls him up on it, but he wasn’t like it before we met. Hes online off and on all day to.. (I’m not psycho but I’ve noticed every now and then). Am I just being really stupid and letting myself be used? I feel like a stupid teenager saying it but he does seem genuine.
I wouldn’t even be overly bothered if he had always been this way but like I said before we met we would chat a lot throughout the day & evening. Please don’t judge me if this sounds ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Okay so this isn’t a horror story but could do with some advice. I’ve been seeing a guy for a couple of months I met online, he’s nice seems genuine. I see him once a week and it’s mainly for sex but he does stay for a couple of hours to chill afterwards..
before we met he would text me all the time (I have no issue with that) since we have met and over the last couple of months I’m lucky if I hear from him once a day. ive asked him about it and he says it’s just him and everyone pulls him up on it, but he wasn’t like it before we met. Hes online off and on all day to.. (I’m not psycho but I’ve noticed every now and then). Am I just being really stupid and letting myself be used? I feel like a stupid teenager saying it but he does seem genuine.
I wouldn’t even be overly bothered if he had always been this way but like I said before we met we would chat a lot throughout the day & evening. Please don’t judge me if this sounds ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♀️
Are you happy just meeting up for sex or would you like to hear from him more? I'd be annoyed if you used to chat and now you don't so much if I actually enjoyed the chat. So it depends really. If you're happy with just a casual thing then carry it on but keep your options open and speak to other guys. But if you want something more then I'd be clear and honest with him and if he can't give you what you want then duck him right off! You deserve more.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Are you happy just meeting up for sex or would you like to hear from him more? I'd be annoyed if you used to chat and now you don't so much if I actually enjoyed the chat. So it depends really. If you're happy with just a casual thing then carry it on but keep your options open and speak to other guys. But if you want something more then I'd be clear and honest with him and if he can't give you what you want then duck him right off! You deserve more.
thank you so much. If I’m honest Im not sure. I went into just wanted casual but we both agreed to tell one another if we met other people etc. However apparently I catch feelings like there going out of fashion which I think is what’s making me more wary.
I think I’d be happier with just a little more contact in the week as I feel like I’m talking to myself most of the time and he just responds when he feels like it. I know I’m probably reading into it far to much but it’s just I want to be acknowledged that little bit more.
I’ve never had a casual sex relationship thing before so it’s all new to me.

Yeah I know what you mean, you wanna feel like he cares a bit more to chat to you more and he should! He shouldn't just read them and ignore, especially as he's online and has the time. I'd just back off, don't text him so much keep yourself busy by talking to others or just your friends and see if he bothers texting you a lot again. Sometimes men are selfish lol and take things for granted. There's nothing wrong with catching feelings and wanting to feel valued. He shouldn't just say he's busy. He should say he's sorry and he should make more effort. I'm alright at giving advice but I'm tit in my own situations lol. Been there and done that many a time with men who didn't deserve me and didn't really care!
thank you so much. If I’m honest Im not sure. I went into just wanted casual but we both agreed to tell one another if we met other people etc. However apparently I catch feelings like there going out of fashion which I think is what’s making me more wary.
I think I’d be happier with just a little more contact in the week as I feel like I’m talking to myself most of the time and he just responds when he feels like it. I know I’m probably reading into it far to much but it’s just I want to be acknowledged that little bit more.
I’ve never had a casual sex relationship thing before so it’s all new to me.

Yeah I know what you mean, you wanna feel like he cares a bit more to chat to you more and he should! He shouldn't just read them and ignore, especially as he's online and has the time. I'd just back off, don't text him so much keep yourself busy by talking to others or just your friends and see if he bothers texting you a lot again. Sometimes men are selfish lol and take things for granted. There's nothing wrong with catching feelings and wanting to feel valued. He shouldn't just say he's busy. He should say he's sorry and he should make more effort. I'm alright at giving advice but I'm tit in my own situations lol. Been there and done that many a time with men who didn't deserve me and didn't really care!
Haha your like me then, can dish the advice but crap at taking it myself 🙈
Thank you so much! I was feeling like I’m just being an idiot but you’ve made me feel like actually it’s not just me reading things to much etc.
That’s the thing, he will leave me on read for 12 hours + and I get it, I’m not a priority and he is busy but he was the same before we met and it takes seconds to reply to a message.
I do just want to feel valued. I’m happy for it to be casual and sex etc but at the moment I feel like I get dropped all week until the next tome and I don’t think that’s fair even when it’s casual.
Maybe I’m to old school for casual 🤔🤦🏻‍♀️

A guy from tinder I didn’t match with went onto my Instagram (it was linked and public at the time) and direct messaged me with any pictures where my feet were remotely on show (in sandals but a full body picture) cropped them and told me how sexy my feet were. No thank you.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
They say no man is nicer than a one who hasn’t shagged you yet. Move on he’s not worth it.

have you stopped texting him and see if he pops up more looking for you? You’ll soon find out if he makes an effort.

Reactions: 9
They say no man is nicer than a one who hasn’t shagged you yet. Move on he’s not worth it.

have you stopped texting him and see if he pops up more looking for you? You’ll soon find out if he makes an effort.
Never heard that saying but it definitely resonates.
I’ve tried, but I’m that useless girl who wants to be acknowledged and it’s crap at not texting etc. My own fault I know.

If you don't like the situation, and don't think it's worth the once a week sex, look for better. Stop giving him what he wants and go get what you want.

Reactions: 6
I've had a friend in a similar situation and no matter what people said (tough love, understanding, whatever technique), she just wouldnt listen until she realised herself that he wasnt into it.

I think deep down, you know what the answer is, but as you implied in another post, you maybe dont want to accept it?

Anyway, it's fine for you to have caught feelings and for you to want more, so dont be embarrased about that :)

Reactions: 2
I've had a friend in a similar situation and no matter what people said (tough love, understanding, whatever technique), she just wouldnt listen until she realised herself that he wasnt into it.

I think deep down, you know what the answer is, but as you implied in another post, you maybe dont want to accept it?

Anyway, it's fine for you to have caught feelings and for you to want more, so dont be embarrased about that :)
I think you have probably hit the nail on the head.
I think because of my history (long story) and determination to want casual and not serious I’m really mad at myself for catching feelings.
But the fact that it’s not really reciprocated I guess I don’t want to accept that and so I just deal with the way he treats me. So so bad I know and if this was one of my friends I would be telling them straight. So much harder when it’s you. Thank you x