Online dating, have I been ghosted or is he busy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to hear!
But it’s so long to type but it would be nice to get different perspectives on it so I’ll tell you’s...next post as eating pasta just now 😀

I want to hear!
It will take up a whole page of a screen and I have been awake all night due to sleep pattern being all messed up so I am going to post tomorrow as i do need others opinions on this because I’m doing my pals head in going on about him but short of it is:

basically we were at school together and met up 19 years after we last saw one another because he has a flat in the same building as my one good friend and so it was purely coincidental, (or was it) and we spent 4 days together And my god, the chemistry both physical and mental was AMAZING and this was back in September and I’m in love...I will stop it there and give the rest tomorrow...

firstly though, how common is it for folks to hook up and marry people years after they went to high school together? I didn’t go out with him or anything at school and infact, he was 2 years older than me, and I was in his brothers year but I feel like he is the one and I’ve never had that ever before in my life... talk tomorrow ladies...nice to virtually meet you’s though 👍🏼👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
She’s text to say he has messaged her twice since she hadn’t replied..oh how the tables have Turned 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s text to say he has messaged her twice since she hadn’t replied..oh how the tables have Turned 😂😂😂😂
She should tell him to GTF, he is probably going back to her because all the rest have blown him out and he knew she liked him.

It’s great to take that power back.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I thought she deleted him and blocked him? Also, how did she see he liked another girls photo on Instagram as they removed that facility a while ago where you can see their activity (this was done to stop stalking)?!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She’s text to say he has messaged her twice since she hadn’t replied..oh how the tables have Turned
I thought she deleted him and blocked him? Also, how did she see he liked another girls photo on Instagram as they removed that facility a while ago where you can see their activity (this was done to stop stalking)?!
No idea about the Instagram, That’s a good point il ask her!!
I’m guessing she hadn’t blocked him and just deleted?🤷🏼‍♀️ Dunno though not that interesting anymore

Girls who say they have deleted and blocked a guy - 99.9% of the time they haven’t because they want to see if he’ll text 😂 if you have to question whether a guy is interested then you’ve already answered your question :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Sack this one off . I have had this before they disappear and reappear when they are bored.

Speaking of weird stories my mate slept with this boy who blocked her on everything and even blocked me ( Met him once and didn't follow him ) the lengths some men go to to cover tracks is bizarre.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My guess is she was looking at this girls profile and noticed a "like" from him on a photo. Bit much to go to such lengths for someone she's never even met

She’s text to say he has messaged her twice since she hadn’t replied..oh how the tables have Turned

No idea about the Instagram, That’s a good point il ask her!!
I’m guessing she hadn’t blocked him and just deleted?🤷🏼‍♀️ Dunno though not that interesting anymore
I only know about the Instagram thing as my teenage daughter was seething when they changed it as she used to stalk her 'friend' while he was on his year abroad at Uni and see which girls photos he was liking! You can't see any of their activity now. Your friend would have to be friends with this guy and the girl whose pic he liked to be able to see that he had liked her pic!

Well you obviously still find it interesting as you've updated the thread and said oh how the tables have turned?!

My guess is she was looking at this girls profile and noticed a "like" from him on a photo. Bit much to go to such lengths for someone she's never even met
Yeah that sounds very creepy😂Speaking of which has anyone seen my crazy ex girlfriend on Netflix?

normally my friend is pretty chilled but I think isolation is affecting her mental health ( she lives alone)so guess she’s paranoid?

I only know about the Instagram thing as my teenage daughter was seething when they changed it as she used to stalk her 'friend' while he was on his year abroad at Uni and see which girls photos he was liking! You can't see any of their activity now. Your friend would have to be friends with this guy and the girl whose pic he liked to be able to see that he had liked her pic!

Well you obviously still find it interesting as you've updated the thread and said oh how the tables have turned?!
I meant not interesting as we know he’s playing a game..

We have all done this with men online. If you need to ask the question u already know the answer. Hes not into her, tell her to forget it. Hes a user. They always come creeping back when bored.

Reactions: 5
Playing devils advocate here but you mentioned his military, all the military guys i know are pretty busy at the moment, supporting the NHS, running covid test centres etc maybe he genuinely is busy?!

Playing devils advocate here but you mentioned his military, all the military guys i know are pretty busy at the moment, supporting the NHS, running covid test centres etc maybe he genuinely is busy?!
Yeah tbh my husband is military and has just got back from 2 days away on support but I don’t think it’s the same for some reason I just get that He’s playing her? It takes two minutes to explain that but maybe we are all wrong and you are right?

Reactions: 1

I think it’s good that IG have taken out this facility, I bet it stops a hell of a lot of arguments

We have all done this with men online. If you need to ask the question u already know the answer. Hes not into her, tell her to forget it. Hes a user. They always come creeping back when bored.
Or want an ego boost!

This is mine, I never really Had much interest in dating. I did date but I always lost interest within weeks.
Anyway one day when I was 23 my friend talked me into getting an online dating page mostly as moral support for her. I had lots of weirdos and a few nice people bit just had no interest in meeting. One day this guy sent me a hilarious message. I wasn’t sure if I found him hot as he was one of those people who looks different in every pic.
ANYWAYS I’ll try and fast forward this abit, we met up had like a 10 hour date. Bla bla
Then we moved to London together 6 months later. Sadly he lost his job and life got really stressful. I wasn’t speaking to my family as my mother has a lot of issues. So I basically had abit of a breakdown at 24, he got a job in Dubai after failing in London. The distance did us no good and after I followed him to Dubai 2 months later we lasted 5 minutes out there. I couldn’t look at another guy for over a year, then I had some nice relationships but it was never the same. I desperately tried to talk myself into those relationships as I knew he had moved on and without sounding gag inducing I thought about him everyday. We spoke every few months. Then he got a new number and I saw it as a blessing me not having it to try and get on with my life.
He eventually reached out to me and kept telling me he missed me(5 years on) drunkenly.
He came over from Dubai to visit his family and we went for lunch (this is last June) I stayed at his that night and we haven’t looked back since. The long distance thing is killing me especially now but I am the happiest human ever and always feel like I have literally won the lottery. And I’m a cold little creature 😂
Quite the ramble but 7 years from meeting and it just feels Meant to be

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is mine, I never really Had much interest in dating. I did date but I always lost interest within weeks.
Anyway one day when I was 23 my friend talked me into getting an online dating page mostly as moral support for her. I had lots of weirdos and a few nice people bit just had no interest in meeting. One day this guy sent me a hilarious message. I wasn’t sure if I found him hot as he was one of those people who looks different in every pic.
ANYWAYS I’ll try and fast forward this abit, we met up had like a 10 hour date. Bla bla
Then we moved to London together 6 months later. Sadly he lost his job and life got really stressful. I wasn’t speaking to my family as my mother has a lot of issues. So I basically had abit of a breakdown at 24, he got a job in Dubai after failing in London. The distance did us no good and after I followed him to Dubai 2 months later we lasted 5 minutes out there. I couldn’t look at another guy for over a year, then I had some nice relationships but it was never the same. I desperately tried to talk myself into those relationships as I knew he had moved on and without sounding gag inducing I thought about him everyday. We spoke every few months. Then he got a new number and I saw it as a blessing me not having it to try and get on with my life.
He eventually reached out to me and kept telling me he missed me(5 years on) drunkenly.
He came over from Dubai to visit his family and we went for lunch (this is last June) I stayed at his that night and we haven’t looked back since. The long distance thing is killing me especially now but I am the happiest human ever and always feel like I have literally won the lottery. And I’m a cold little creature 😂
Quite the ramble but 7 years from meeting and it just feels Meant to be
Aw that’s so sweet 🥰🥰 I am a hopeless romantic but a single one and the guy that I thought I was as in love with, well my feelings have changed with time and I’m yet to find my one, I think we can have many ‘the ones’ to be perfectly honest.

I actually think I may be a commitment phobe as after about being in a relationship for 3 years then I get bored and my feelings change so I don’t think I will ever get married, I just seem to like the initial new ness of a relationship when you can’t keep your hands off one another, once your dressing like a slob in front of them etc etc then that’s me done. I am not into ‘making it work’ as I don’t like when the excitement wears off, too much like hard work for me, I think I’m quite shallow that way and when I am low then I always just rely on myself, I’m not one to make myself vulnerable for a man, so I’ll never ‘need’ anyone.

• Heart
Aw that’s so sweet 🥰🥰 I am a hopeless romantic but a single one and the guy that I thought I was as in love with, well my feelings have changed with time and I’m yet to find my one, I think we can have many ‘the ones’ to be perfectly honest.

I actually think I may be a commitment phobe as after about being in a relationship for 3 years then I get bored and my feelings change so I don’t think I will ever get married, I just seem to like the initial new ness of a relationship when you can’t keep your hands off one another, once your dressing like a slob in front of them etc etc then that’s me done. I am not into ‘making it work’ as I don’t like when the excitement wears off, too much like hard work for me, I think I’m quite shallow that way and when I am low then I always just rely on myself, I’m not one to make myself vulnerable for a man, so I’ll never ‘need’ anyone.
I’m not a very Romantic but I think what I have learnt from relationships (I’m exactly like
You I get bored pretty quickly) I won’t stay and make something work because by the time I’m at that point I’m defo done. And perhaps there isn’t just a ‘one’ but I do think there are people where it just works and all the gross clichés make sense.

• Heart
I’m not a very Romantic but I think what I have learnt from relationships (I’m exactly like
You I get bored pretty quickly) I won’t stay and make something work because by the time I’m at that point I’m defo done. And perhaps there isn’t just a ‘one’ but I do think there are people where it just works and all the gross clichés make sense.
I think I am absolutely terrified to be cheated on and I do believe that 90% of men would take the extra sex given the opportunity and that they possibly get bored of having sex with me after 2-3 years and so this is when I think they may cheat and I’ll get out before I get hurt.😢😢

It’s horrid not trusting men but I was brought up with my stepdad constantly cheating on my mum and she used to tell me about it from when I was 12, and she damaged me by telling me because I learned from then that men aren’t to be trusted and that their penis is their brain, and then you see and hear what you see and hear on the media and there is no way I will give my heart to a man again.

They also say that you should be able to tell your partner anything yet I think over familiarity breeds contempt and so I have certain things that I tell my boyfriends and then certain things are for friends.

Living together also ruins relationships ime.

I think I am absolutely terrified to be cheated on and I do believe that 90% of men would take the extra sex given the opportunity and that they possibly get bored of having sex with me after 2-3 years and so this is when I think they may cheat and I’ll get out before I get hurt.😢😢

It’s horrid not trusting men but I was brought up with my stepdad constantly cheating on my mum and she used to tell me about it from when I was 12, and she damaged me by telling me because I learned from then that men aren’t to be trusted and that their penis is their brain, and then you see and hear what you see and hear on the media and there is no way I will give my heart to a man again.

They also say that you should be able to tell your partner anything yet I think over familiarity breeds contempt and so I have certain things that I tell my boyfriends and then certain things are for friends.

Living together also ruins relationships ime.
In the nicest possible way, as my mother is much the same, some of your issues sound like you could maybe benefit from discussing them.
I think it’s all about not being blind. Seeing the red flags and staying reserved until you are sure you can trust someone completely. But who knows I am definitely no expert!

• Heart