Online dating, have I been ghosted or is he busy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with the others, tell her to leave him and find someone who is more worthy of her time and who will actually bother to message. In my opinion, if someone has time to scroll through Instagram and like photos then they can reply to a text :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Thought id come on and write something because a friend of mine went through almost something exactly the same!

She met a guy on a dating site (this was about a year ago now, but similar story), and they were texting all the time, then one day he just disappeared! He had removed her from social media as well! So random. Then about a month later he re-appeared again and started texting her like they hadn't broken contact. They decided to meet up and had a really great date, and kissed at the end of the night. They were then texting again and decided to meet up again for another date, but she said this time he only stayed out for 1 hour (??!!) and 'had to go', but he kissed her again when they parted.

Then he just disappeared off the face of the earth. Literally, it was just like he never existed in the first place. He blocked her on WhatsApp and even when she searched his name on facebook etc, it didnt come up anymore so he likely blocked her on there too.

Then 3 months later, within an hour, he re appeared again everywhere. Adding her on facebook, text her on WhatsApp and tried to carry on the convo from 3 months ago.

ABSOULTE WERIDO.

Needless to say I told her my thoughts and thankfully she did get bored. But I was just baffled at how easy it was for this man to just disappear the way he did. He likely was playing the field or was married, but it was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
A little bit of personal experience, from another person who falls too fast.
My advice would be, if he's not replying, he doesn't want to. You don't want a relationship where you're constantly questioning yourself, should I text, should I leave it to him, how long etc is all game-playing. If it's real, all that doesn't matter.

Lockdown has intensified everything and everyone is tense and you have more time to obsess. Every week feels like forever, online life is so far removed from real life, and as there is no opportunity for real life connections dating apps are even more of a jungle than normal.

I would advise her to drop it, play some Lizzo loud and remind herself who the hell she is.
I'd really recommend an instagram page lalalaletmeexplain for helping to navigate through all the tit around online dating.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks guys all these comments have been screen shot and sent to her!

I think the one thing I’m taking from this is women are kick ass and so supportive of each other! Thank you xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The dating game is going to be very interesting once the bars and clubs are back open. There’s going to be a wave of one-night stands but I think there’s going to be a long period of going out and meeting people in real life, rather than online. people are going to be craving proper human interaction... then it will likely go back to normal again 😆 good luck to your friend though, online dating is a mine field.

Reactions: 3
She’s text asking if she should block him on Instagram.. my thought is no as he will think she cares enough to do that, just get on with your life and show him what he’s missing?
But she thinks block and make him chase/worry?
How old is she? This seems very school girly.

Tell her to give it up. I can only assume she is bored and this is getting to her way too much, but she will drive herself crazy.

Reactions: 4
She’s 27 so yeah youd think she’d know better😂I think it’s isolation boredom.

He messaged her yesterday saying he’s been busy and she hasn’t replied. I can’t be arsed entertaining her with it anymore and told her there’s plenty more men (penis) in the sea 😂

• Haha
Ah I love that story was definitely fate and you can’t fault him if you gave him the wrong number ❤😂

I mean if he comes back with a bloody good excuse then fair enough but just saying he’d been busy wouldn’t wash with me. These guys on dating apps etc are mostly players and not worth getting yourself in a tizz for because he’s probably talking to loads of other women too x
God yeah fated love stories are the best...it makes me want to tell my story...

Reactions: 2
Here's mine:
Got together at 16 (first proper boyfriend) he was 18. He had just discovered body building after growing up a skinny boy, and was tanned, blonde and thought he was it. First year was lovely, although I was so scared of losing my cherry that I told him that the pill took six months to get into your system! Then he realised he was actually pretty fit and could pull girls so that's what he did. And I let him get away with it on and off for FOUR YEARS! Jesus, it makes me cringe just to think about it. After I finally came to my senses and wouldn't put up with his tit any more, he said I was a cold hearted witch. He then ended up on the sex offenders' register for having sex with a 15 year old. Karma's a proper witch!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Here's mine:
Got together at 16 (first proper boyfriend) he was 18. He had just discovered body building after growing up a skinny boy, and was tanned, blonde and thought he was it. First year was lovely, although I was so scared of losing my cherry that I told him that the pill took six months to get into your system! Then he realised he was actually pretty fit and could pull girls so that's what he did. And I let him get away with it on and off for FOUR YEARS! Jesus, it makes me cringe just to think about it. After I finally came to my senses and wouldn't put up with his tit any more, he said I was a cold hearted witch. He then ended up on the sex offenders' register for having sex with a 15 year old. Karma's a proper witch!
OMG I was reading this thinking it was your current husband.. 😂😂😂 fully expecting a love story 😂 you had a lucky escape there! And nothing wrong with being a cold hearted witch 😂

• Haha
OMG I was reading this thinking it was your current husband.. 😂😂😂 fully expecting a love story 😂 you had a lucky escape there! And nothing wrong with being a cold hearted witch 😂
Met my current husband online and have been married for 19 years so it worked out pretty well in the end.

Reactions: 7
Met my current husband online and have been married for 19 years so it worked out pretty well in the end.
Awhh that’s nice! I do definitely think success can come from online dating!
who else wants to share how they met their partner?

I think my best friends is good. She met a guy on tinder. Went on about 2 dates in 2013 with him before she said she preferred another guy ( obviously just said it wasn’t working out) After about 10 months with the other guy he became a huge dick... and went on to Cheat...which she found out due to her testing positive for chlamydia (Jezza I know).

She was broken and thought it was karma for picking him over the orginal guy. She took a nursing job in oz for couple of years in hope to find the one.
Then in 2016 she decided to come home, but missed her flight due to protests in her town meaning the traffic was standstill. She rebooked for the next day and as she was so came she was flying back from Oz and the original guy was sat next to her. They then had a delayed flight at the stop over so ended up spending 2 days together.. came home dated, moved in and due to get married next month( sadly cancelled)

Utterly devastated I can’t hear this story at her wedding speech because I swore I wouldn’t say about the chlamydia.. well other than to you guys 😂😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
During the early days of chatting on online dating they shouldn't be following each other on social media before they've even met IMO. This kind of thing is totally par for the course by the way, it's so common to be chatting to people and then they just disappear. They're probably chatting to multiple other people. She should just chalk it down and move on.

Also regarding the sexting, not to sound old fashioned but I can't really understand sexting when you haven't even met. There might not even be any chemistry when you do meet!

I know I sound like a Grandma but I think sexting before you've even met sends out a message it's just a hook up/ casual thing.

• Heart