Online dating, have I been ghosted or is he busy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think sexting is naff/pathetic at any point.
I just think if a guy I hadn't even met was sending me messages of a sexual nature then he is definitely doing it to others too. If he's not willing to make the effort to make proper conversation, he's not worth the time

Reactions: 6
Posting for my friend.. I’m happily married but she won’t listen to me!
So she’s been speaking to a man she met on bumble 3 weeks ago.. he was never really a quick replier but the conversation flowed well. They were also sextexting for a little bit when he went quiet. She left it a few days and then text him which he replied he’s been busy with work and due to his job in the military sounds convincing to me? ( I’m a military wife so get when they say they are busy)

Anyway she left it a few days and text him again but he’s read it and not replied. She’s deleted his number in anger as she think he’s ghosting her Although he still follows her on Instagram.......opinions?!?!?
OMG! I've been talking to a military guy who's been very quiet as hes gone back as well, sounds like exactly the same scenario! What if it's the same one 😂😂. I need to know more about your friends guy see if it is the same person!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Nothing wrong with being sexually forward, as long as its respectable and wanted. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah was worried my comment would be picked up wrong. Of course there's nothing wrong with it but I do believe it's better to see where it goes rather than just letting it get too sexual too quick. If you're looking for a hook up/ casual thing, that's fine. But if it's more you want, ultimately you'll probably get hurt and be left wondering what happens when he disappears/ stops making the effort to text. That's just my opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah was worried my comment would be picked up wrong. Of course there's nothing wrong with it but I do believe it's better to see where it goes rather than just letting it get too sexual too quick. If you're looking for a hook up/ casual thing, that's fine. But if it's more you want, ultimately you'll probably get hurt and be left wondering what happens when he disappears/ stops making the effort to text. That's just my opinion!
Yeah of course, I do understand. But its not always the case, nor should it be. If attitudes around sex were more honest, there wouldnt be games being played and women, especially, needing to behave a certain way to 'secure' a relationship, you know?

But I did end up with a long term relationship and kids after what was meant to be a casual hook up lol

During the early days of chatting on online dating they shouldn't be following each other on social media before they've even met IMO. This kind of thing is totally par for the course by the way, it's so common to be chatting to people and then they just disappear. They're probably chatting to multiple other people. She should just chalk it down and move on.

Also regarding the sexting, not to sound old fashioned but I can't really understand sexting when you haven't even met. There might not even be any chemistry when you do meet!

I know I sound like a Grandma but I think sexting before you've even met sends out a message it's just a hook up/ casual thing.
Agree with you. I’m no prude and don’t like to ‘slut shame’ anyone but unless it was all I wanted myself I wouldn’t be giving a man the benefit of sexting before I’d even met him if I was looking for something more. Especially if I was the type to get attached to someone over that kind of thing. If you’re happy to leave it at that then ok but most women aren’t. Also agree on not following on social media.

Agree with you. I’m no prude and don’t like to ‘slut shame’ anyone but unless it was all I wanted myself I wouldn’t be giving a man the benefit of sexting before I’d even met him if I was looking for something more. Especially if I was the type to get attached to someone over that kind of thing. If you’re happy to leave it at that then ok but most women aren’t. Also agree on not following on social media.
Definitely agree that if someone is likely to get attached, then having some distance and building up to things is a wiser move!

Reactions: 2
Yeah of course, I do understand. But its not always the case, nor should it be. If attitudes around sex were more honest, there wouldnt be games being played and women, especially, needing to behave a certain way to 'secure' a relationship, you know?

But I did end up with a long term relationship and kids after what was meant to be a casual hook up lol
I lived with a guy I had sex with on the first date, didn't work out but not because of that obviously 😁 So I do know it can work. However, I have also been hurt in the past when it meant more to me than it did the guy. That's why I think it's best as a general rule to see how things go and get to know them first

Reactions: 1
We met when it was still abit cringe to meet online. There are still a lot of people who dont know the truth 😂 My parents think we met in a pub.

Agreed though. It should just flow! duck chasing after people!
I always worry incase our kids ask me or hubs how we met. He was my weed dealer, i rang him drunk one night, 11 years later married and 2 kids 😂😂😂 think i will just tell them we met at a bus stop or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I lived with a guy I had sex with on the first date, didn't work out but not because of that obviously 😁 So I do know it can work. However, I have also been hurt in the past when it meant more to me than it did the guy. That's why I think it's best as a general rule to see how things go and get to know them first
Yeah, its not a bad rule to go by at all. Its just a shame women especially have to be more guarded and reserved like that, when all it takes is honesty (more so from the men)

I always worry incase our kids ask me or hubs how we met. He was my weed dealer, i rang him drunk one night, 11 years later married and 2 kids 😂😂😂 think i will just tell them we met at a bus stop or something.
OMG this is so far the best.. anyone else wanna try and top it? 😂😂😂😂

As for the sexting I think it was more her that hinted it as she said she’s not had sex since last year And after texting for 3 weeks I guess it happened but I don’t think I could sext someone I didn’t know

OMG! I've been talking to a military guy who's been very quiet as hes gone back as well, sounds like exactly the same scenario! What if it's the same one 😂😂. I need to know more about your friends guy see if it is the same person!
He’s based south west- Salisbury I think.. there’s plenty of army men who are like this though! Hope you find someone better soon xxx

OMG this is so far the best.. anyone else wanna try and top it? 😂😂😂😂

As for the sexting I think it was more her that hinted it as she said she’s not had sex since last year And after texting for 3 weeks I guess it happened but I don’t think I could sext someone I didn’t know

He’s based south west- Salisbury I think.. there’s plenty of army men who are like this though! Hope you find someone better soon xxx
Yeah deffo not the same one 😂🙃. Thank God. Tbf we havent sexted and I wouldn't know about his SM as I dont follow him, havent been speaking to him long enough but he is VERY flaky. But that may just be the job 🤷🏼‍♀️ I dunno x

Yeah, its not a bad rule to go by at all. Its just a shame women especially have to be more guarded and reserved like that, when all it takes is honesty (more so from the men)
I don't see it as being guarded or reserved at all. Besides I do think it's fun to get to know someone. Sometimes there may be amazing chemistry of course but I don't think that's the case with army guy here- he clearly is a time waster on a dating app who's messaging multiple women and to be honest women waste too much energy worrying about types like that when we could be finding someone willing to make an effort (not talking about the sexting, but his disappearance suggests lack of effort)

I don't see it as being guarded or reserved at all. Besides I do think it's fun to get to know someone. Sometimes there may be amazing chemistry of course but I don't think that's the case with army guy here- he clearly is a time waster on a dating app who's messaging multiple women and to be honest women waste too much energy worrying about types like that when we could be finding someone willing to make an effort
Yeah he definitely is a chancer lol. Generally, I do actually agree with you. Those cases where there is that lust & chemistry, id say go for it though but just be honest about it all. There will always be fuckboys, sadly lol.

Yeah deffo not the same one 😂🙃. Thank God. Tbf we havent sexted and I wouldn't know about his SM as I dont follow him, havent been speaking to him long enough but he is VERY flaky. But that may just be the job 🤷🏼‍♀️ I dunno x
I think with lockdown they don’t have the excuse to say I don’t have time Do they?!I would just wait until this is all over and date then

• Heart
"Your father made me feel euphoric when we met"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If he is treating her like this at the start of the relationship, what is he going to be like two years in?

Tell her to cop on to herself and find someone who respects and wants a relationship.

Reactions: 5