Online dating, have I been ghosted or is he busy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no 😔 it's so weird when this happens yet quite common. Happened to me years ago too but found out later he'd got back with an ex. Why not just say!? Xx
They don’t say incase they need you again for a back up when they are bored, and men and honesty don’t really go hand in hand when it comes to women.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s all been said before but your friend seems very clingy and that’s not an attractive trait.

From my own personal experience I think online dating isnt all its cracked up to be. The first guy I hit it off with straight away, we spoke for months and months over text, phone, snapchat etc. The time came to meeting him and something was just very odd. I left and he become very quiet over the next days. I got a friend to search his name on Facebook (he claimed her never had it) and he was on it. He had blocked me from the get go. He had a girlfriend and a child. I messaged her, not to be nasty but I thought she had a right to know and I also felt so guilty so apologised A LOT. I don’t know why, I done nothing wrong but hey ho.

Ive never used a dating app since. Finding a relationship in person is so much more special in my personal opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think what annoys me most is he used to say he was ‘such a good egg’
Always think those people that protest their so decent usually aren’t!!
Urh! I've had an experience with this type of guy too and you're spot on.
I broke things off with a guy I was seeing years ago, lots of reasons why but what stuck out the most was how clingy and emotionally manipulative he was. When I spoke to him to break things off (after 5 weeks of dating) he drew the conversation out over hours and hours challenging everything I said (I was trying to be polite with him and put it down to 'me stuff' to try and spare his feelings - at the time i was thinking maybe we are just not compatible and the things I find creepy and OTT might be endearing to someone else)
After literally the 50th round of tears and him shaking his head at me and muttering "nice guys finish last" I really wanted to scream at him MAYBE YOURE NOT AS NICE AS YOU LIKE TO THINK YOU ARE but I still felt a bit mean. A few months later I heard he had been dating a friend of a friend and I was really excited thinking maybe they were well suited but no he pulled the exact same bullshit on her including the 3 hour long exit interview where he actually asked her how she could live with herself doing this to such a nice guy 🙄
Self proclaimed nice guys are the worst

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Urh! I've had an experience with this type of guy too and you're spot on.
I broke things off with a guy I was seeing years ago, lots of reasons why but what stuck out the most was how clingy and emotionally manipulative he was. When I spoke to him to break things off (after 5 weeks of dating) he drew the conversation out over hours and hours challenging everything I said (I was trying to be polite with him and put it down to 'me stuff' to try and spare his feelings - at the time i was thinking maybe we are just not compatible and the things I find creepy and OTT might be endearing to someone else)
After literally the 50th round of tears and him shaking his head at me and muttering "nice guys finish last" I really wanted to scream at him MAYBE YOURE NOT AS NICE AS YOU LIKE TO THINK YOU ARE but I still felt a bit mean. A few months later I heard he had been dating a friend of a friend and I was really excited thinking maybe they were well suited but no he pulled the exact same bullshit on her including the 3 hour long exit interview where he actually asked her how she could live with herself doing this to such a nice guy 🙄
Self proclaimed nice guys are the worst
Hit the nail on the head there!

They are convinced they are the ‘good guys’ and can’t see past it. Convinced someone once told them they were nice and it’s stuck with them no matter what behaviour follows!

Reactions: 2
Hit the nail on the head there!

They are convinced they are the ‘good guys’ and can’t see past it. Convinced someone once told them they were nice and it’s stuck with them no matter what behaviour follows!
Often works for them though, constantly conditioning people by saying how nice they are all the time. He knows a few people in my wider circle of friends and when they've said ah yeah what a nice guy though and I've asked why they cant really come up with an answer. Its quite unfortunate that sometimes the most charming people to the outside world are actually proper dicks behind closed doors and it's only the partner that gets to see it

• Sad
Often works for them though, constantly conditioning people by saying how nice they are all the time. He knows a few people in my wider circle of friends and when they've said ah yeah what a nice guy though and I've asked why they cant really come up with an answer. Its quite unfortunate that sometimes the most charming people to the outside world are actually proper dicks behind closed doors and it's only the partner that gets to see it
Can totally agree with this! A guy I went out with a few years ago matched this to a T
No one could say a bad word against him, he was super active on social media with total adoration for his posts, very popular at work but behind closed doors total Jekyl and Hyde, very moody over the smallest things, silent treatment the lot.
I can recall one incident ‘play fighting’ bent my hand back even after I was shouting that it hurt and crying, he couldn’t understand what he did wrong

Unfortunately I remember having the thought after that if I ever told any of our friends etc they wouldn’t believe me due to his ‘public’ personality

• Wow
Can totally agree with this! A guy I went out with a few years ago matched this to a T
No one could say a bad word against him, he was super active on social media with total adoration for his posts, very popular at work but behind closed doors total Jekyl and Hyde, very moody over the smallest things, silent treatment the lot.
I can recall one incident ‘play fighting’ bent my hand back even after I was shouting that it hurt and crying, he couldn’t understand what he did wrong

Unfortunately I remember having the thought after that if I ever told any of our friends etc they wouldn’t believe me due to his ‘public’ personality
Wow, he sounds like you had a lucky escape there. Mine and his wider friendship circles sort of overlap so I've watched what I've said but luckily hes shown himself up since. Every single girl hes dated since have all ended up being the new villain of his story đŸŽ»

Reactions: 1
What I find with men is that because they string women along and say they like them etc etc, then obviously the women will keep texting or whatever when the man won’t answer and the guys will say “oh she won’t leave me alone” blah blah blah, BUT maybe if they actually grew up and said to the woman that they like them but not enough for a relationship, which happens, then said woman wouldn’t keep contacting them, but I’ve now came to the conclusion that they want women to chase them and to tell their mates that some “psycho” won’t leave them alone, it feeds their ego!

I’ve had this with male mates and one kept moaning about not being left alone and then it came out that he had promised her the world etc etc and I said no bleeping wonder she keeps ‘bothering’ you then because you’ve lied to her over and over again, and I told him (well I made him) text her and tell her the truth and guess what? He didn’t hear from her again!! I actually think he was disappointed with it! bleep and he wonders why I don’t like him ‘in that way’!😡😡

I actually don’t think I even like men in all honesty, I know that their genes partly makes them all about sex and looks so much but I don’t like them.

Reactions: 5
What happens is that guys string the woman along so that they can get an easy shag.They promise them the earth saying all sorts, but they keep them on the backburner whilst something better comes along. Even a bog standard average man will also think hes very attractive and that hes seriously in with a chance with a supermodel!.
You have to look at the persons actions not their words and if your not a priority in his life hes not that into you. No ifs and buts.If they are letting you down, not making arrangements and sticking to them then move on.

• Heart
I agree with the poster above (can’t quote it because it’s making me wait 5 bleeping mins to do so, Tattle what’s going on with your site, I had zero issues up until yesterday and every time I quote then I’m being made to wait 5 mins😡) that men think they’re more attractive than they are, women look in the mirror and mentally add on 10 pounds, men look in the mirror and add on a bleeping 6 pac!!😂😂

Yes mamy men want to keep women hanging for a shag but many are done with women yet won’t tell them because they are bleeping cowards, as if the women will shatter to a million pieces because some arse rejected her!

Even a bog standard average man will also think hes very attractive and that hes seriously in with a chance with a supermodel!.
Totally agree. I'm not saying all guys are like this but nowadays guys think they've got so many options because of dating apps. They think that x amount of matches on apps means they're irresistible to many women. It's all bogus because many matches might not even follow through and you're not going to personally connect with and fancy every single match. Doesn't stop them believing they're a stud though and have got loads of options

• Heart