Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
Someone once told me
’no matter how busy you are,a text takes 30seconds to write.if they don’t text,it’s not cos they don’t have time-it’s because they don’t want to’
she needs to sack him off-we’ve all invested too much time with game players like this

Reactions: 28

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
My relationship started from sexting and sleeping together on the first date 👀🤷🏻‍♀️ a decade and 2 kids later, we're alright 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

binky123

We met when it was still abit cringe to meet online. There are still a lot of people who dont know the truth 😂 My parents think we met in a pub.

Agreed though. It should just flow! Fuck chasing after people!
I always worry incase our kids ask me or hubs how we met. He was my weed dealer, i rang him drunk one night, 11 years later married and 2 kids 😂😂😂 think i will just tell them we met at a bus stop or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Raininvain

VIP Member
He'll be talking to lots of different women I bet. Sounds like hes not that interested and shes chasing him because its her doing all the contacting. I'd leave it TBH and try to meet someone IRL when all this is over.

Reactions: 15

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
Met my current husband online and have been married for 19 years so it worked out pretty well in the end.
Awhh that’s nice! I do definitely think success can come from online dating!
who else wants to share how they met their partner?

I think my best friends is good. She met a guy on tinder. Went on about 2 dates in 2013 with him before she said she preferred another guy ( obviously just said it wasn’t working out) After about 10 months with the other guy he became a huge dick... and went on to Cheat...which she found out due to her testing positive for chlamydia (Jezza I know).

She was broken and thought it was karma for picking him over the orginal guy. She took a nursing job in oz for couple of years in hope to find the one.
Then in 2016 she decided to come home, but missed her flight due to protests in her town meaning the traffic was standstill. She rebooked for the next day and as she was so came she was flying back from Oz and the original guy was sat next to her. They then had a delayed flight at the stop over so ended up spending 2 days together.. came home dated, moved in and due to get married next month( sadly cancelled)

Utterly devastated I can’t hear this story at her wedding speech because I swore I wouldn’t say about the chlamydia.. well other than to you guys 😂😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Bubblemamaa22

Chatty Member
A little bit of personal experience, from another person who falls too fast.
My advice would be, if he's not replying, he doesn't want to. You don't want a relationship where you're constantly questioning yourself, should I text, should I leave it to him, how long etc is all game-playing. If it's real, all that doesn't matter.

Lockdown has intensified everything and everyone is tense and you have more time to obsess. Every week feels like forever, online life is so far removed from real life, and as there is no opportunity for real life connections dating apps are even more of a jungle than normal.

I would advise her to drop it, play some Lizzo loud and remind herself who the hell she is.
I'd really recommend an instagram page lalalaletmeexplain for helping to navigate through all the shit around online dating.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

swimming

VIP Member
Thought id come on and write something because a friend of mine went through almost something exactly the same!

She met a guy on a dating site (this was about a year ago now, but similar story), and they were texting all the time, then one day he just disappeared! He had removed her from social media as well! So random. Then about a month later he re-appeared again and started texting her like they hadn't broken contact. They decided to meet up and had a really great date, and kissed at the end of the night. They were then texting again and decided to meet up again for another date, but she said this time he only stayed out for 1 hour (??!!) and 'had to go', but he kissed her again when they parted.

Then he just disappeared off the face of the earth. Literally, it was just like he never existed in the first place. He blocked her on WhatsApp and even when she searched his name on facebook etc, it didnt come up anymore so he likely blocked her on there too.

Then 3 months later, within an hour, he re appeared again everywhere. Adding her on facebook, text her on WhatsApp and tried to carry on the convo from 3 months ago.

ABSOULTE WERIDO.

Needless to say I told her my thoughts and thankfully she did get bored. But I was just baffled at how easy it was for this man to just disappear the way he did. He likely was playing the field or was married, but it was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen.

• Angry
Reactions: 11

Mookiegoose

Here's mine:
Got together at 16 (first proper boyfriend) he was 18. He had just discovered body building after growing up a skinny boy, and was tanned, blonde and thought he was it. First year was lovely, although I was so scared of losing my cherry that I told him that the pill took six months to get into your system! Then he realised he was actually pretty fit and could pull girls so that's what he did. And I let him get away with it on and off for FOUR YEARS! Jesus, it makes me cringe just to think about it. After I finally came to my senses and wouldn't put up with his shit any more, he said I was a cold hearted bitch. He then ended up on the sex offenders' register for having sex with a 15 year old. Karma's a proper bitch!

• Wow
Reactions: 11

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Girls who say they have deleted and blocked a guy - 99.9% of the time they haven’t because they want to see if he’ll text 😂 if you have to question whether a guy is interested then you’ve already answered your question :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I always worry incase our kids ask me or hubs how we met. He was my weed dealer, i rang him drunk one night, 11 years later married and 2 kids 😂😂😂 think i will just tell them we met at a bus stop or something.
"Your father made me feel euphoric when we met"

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Its_Me

VIP Member
So they haven’t even met? Sorry to sound judgey but I wouldn’t be sexting with a fella I hadn’t met let alone one who was slow to reply.
She’s done right deleting his number and I wouldn’t let him come around sniffing. I’m in a long term relationship and always tell my mates who are in the dating game who have these troubles that’s not what healthy relationships start out like. I’m sure yours didn’t with hubby?

Also it’s not technically ghosting if they hadn’t met x

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is mine, I never really Had much interest in dating. I did date but I always lost interest within weeks.
Anyway one day when I was 23 my friend talked me into getting an online dating page mostly as moral support for her. I had lots of weirdos and a few nice people bit just had no interest in meeting. One day this guy sent me a hilarious message. I wasn’t sure if I found him hot as he was one of those people who looks different in every pic.
ANYWAYS I’ll try and fast forward this abit, we met up had like a 10 hour date. Bla bla
Then we moved to London together 6 months later. Sadly he lost his job and life got really stressful. I wasn’t speaking to my family as my mother has a lot of issues. So I basically had abit of a breakdown at 24, he got a job in Dubai after failing in London. The distance did us no good and after I followed him to Dubai 2 months later we lasted 5 minutes out there. I couldn’t look at another guy for over a year, then I had some nice relationships but it was never the same. I desperately tried to talk myself into those relationships as I knew he had moved on and without sounding gag inducing I thought about him everyday. We spoke every few months. Then he got a new number and I saw it as a blessing me not having it to try and get on with my life.
He eventually reached out to me and kept telling me he missed me(5 years on) drunkenly.
He came over from Dubai to visit his family and we went for lunch (this is last June) I stayed at his that night and we haven’t looked back since. The long distance thing is killing me especially now but I am the happiest human ever and always feel like I have literally won the lottery. And I’m a cold little creature 😂
Quite the ramble but 7 years from meeting and it just feels Meant to be

• Heart

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
So they haven’t even met? Sorry to sound judgey but I wouldn’t be sexting with a fella I hadn’t met let alone one who was slow to reply.
She’s done right deleting his number and I wouldn’t let him come around sniffing. I’m in a long term relationship and always tell my mates who are in the dating game who have these troubles that’s not what healthy relationships start out like. I’m sure yours didn’t with hubby?

Also it’s not technically ghosting if they hadn’t met x
No they hadn’t met as it started in lockdown. They had FaceTimed though before he had to go away for work. I did feel the same as you but after reading the messages it was a two way thing and tbh it did flow well.

I actually met my husband in a nightclub, shared a kiss and then didnt hear from him. I remember being gutted but just thought ah well he’s an army man so clearly a player...

Then my friend phoned me when she was on a night out in the same club a few weeks later and said how this guy was Saying how I’d given him a wrong number.. turns out I had missed a digit 😂😂😂 anyway she gave him my number and it still took him a week to finally call me. Then I didn’t hear from him for 3 weeks.. until he called and said he was in Afghanistan. ( yes I counted)
On 23rd June we will be married for 13 years.. 2 children and he treats my eldest like his own. Obviously I have given up a lot for him being an armywife but wouldn’t have it any other way! Xx

• Heart

Bec3007

VIP Member
It’s all been said before but your friend seems very clingy and that’s not an attractive trait.

From my own personal experience I think online dating isnt all its cracked up to be. The first guy I hit it off with straight away, we spoke for months and months over text, phone, snapchat etc. The time came to meeting him and something was just very odd. I left and he become very quiet over the next days. I got a friend to search his name on Facebook (he claimed her never had it) and he was on it. He had blocked me from the get go. He had a girlfriend and a child. I messaged her, not to be nasty but I thought she had a right to know and I also felt so guilty so apologised A LOT. I don’t know why, I done nothing wrong but hey ho.

Ive never used a dating app since. Finding a relationship in person is so much more special in my personal opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

toffeejelly

I think I am absolutely terrified to be cheated on and I do believe that 90% of men would take the extra sex given the opportunity and that they possibly get bored of having sex with me after 2-3 years and so this is when I think they may cheat and I’ll get out before I get hurt.😢😢

It’s horrid not trusting men but I was brought up with my stepdad constantly cheating on my mum and she used to tell me about it from when I was 12, and she damaged me by telling me because I learned from then that men aren’t to be trusted and that their penis is their brain, and then you see and hear what you see and hear on the media and there is no way I will give my heart to a man again.

They also say that you should be able to tell your partner anything yet I think over familiarity breeds contempt and so I have certain things that I tell my boyfriends and then certain things are for friends.

Living together also ruins relationships ime.
I also feel the exact same way. I was with a guy for 5 years who put me through years of horrific mental abuse. I was then on my own for 3.5 years and vowed never to let my guard down with another guy, then I met my ex. He was everything I ever wanted in a guy and I finally let my guard down with him, he asked me to move in which I did. Then he finished with me by text because apparently we weren’t compatible. I now feel like I can’t trust anyone or let my guard down again! It’s awful!

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7

4tuhju

I think what annoys me most is he used to say he was ‘such a good egg’
Always think those people that protest their so decent usually aren’t!!
Urh! I've had an experience with this type of guy too and you're spot on.
I broke things off with a guy I was seeing years ago, lots of reasons why but what stuck out the most was how clingy and emotionally manipulative he was. When I spoke to him to break things off (after 5 weeks of dating) he drew the conversation out over hours and hours challenging everything I said (I was trying to be polite with him and put it down to 'me stuff' to try and spare his feelings - at the time i was thinking maybe we are just not compatible and the things I find creepy and OTT might be endearing to someone else)
After literally the 50th round of tears and him shaking his head at me and muttering "nice guys finish last" I really wanted to scream at him MAYBE YOURE NOT AS NICE AS YOU LIKE TO THINK YOU ARE but I still felt a bit mean. A few months later I heard he had been dating a friend of a friend and I was really excited thinking maybe they were well suited but no he pulled the exact same bullshit on her including the 3 hour long exit interview where he actually asked her how she could live with herself doing this to such a nice guy 🙄
Self proclaimed nice guys are the worst

• Wow

Raininvain

VIP Member
I think the majority of men will cheat if they can, the exception being those that no woman would ever look at. I've known loads of married and partnered men who have been meeting women though these apps.I'd say to anyone you are better off trying to meet someone in real life through interests, friends, groups etc than online.I know that's no guarantee of anything but at least you will be able to see them with people and get to know them perhaps more gradually and if you have mutual friends you will know if they are already married or with someone.
Also if someone is properly interested in you they will want to spend time with you in person, its not about messaging, emails, texts etc. Just because someone is sending lots of texts doesn't mean anything they could just be bored. Also action speaks louder than words, talk is cheap.

• Angry
  • Heart