One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not the best idea during covid but very reminiscent of 1D. All the eating on stage talked about in this thread was always stuff passed or thrown on stage by fans - nachos, burgers, cookies. I think the shot is quite sweet and the fans will love it. He prides himself on his bond with the fans.
Yep, Harry still picks stuff up and wears it/reads stuff out etc.
The fans, me included, love it!
I can't wait to see him in a stadium

Reactions: 2
Seen snippets of his live shows in Texas. He looks on good form, he's obviously loving being back on stage.
I wish him well, I don't know why I find him so endearing, but I do. I hope he is not a massive prick behind closed doors.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Seen snippets of his live shows in Texas. He looks on good form, he's obviously loving being back on stage.
I wish him well, I don't know why I find him so endearing, but I do. I hope he is not a massive prick behind closed doors.
He’s not. He’s a bit moulded by management in terms of image and publicity, but he’s still a sweetheart, according to the boyfriend of one of his band members.

I know that’s a bit ‘he said/she said’ but I genuinely think if he was an utter twit, someone would spill the beans.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Personally he comes off as a bit of a twit to me lol, him basically encouraging hate/death threats in the tweet below to that radio DJ (in response to her apology for a harmless comment) put me off liking him post-1d and Savan said he made it difficult to work with the band & was one of the reasons he left. They were naturally going to outgrow the material he wrote for their first two albums but there are ways to part amicably. Rumours in the Sun are never to be fully believed and Dan Wootton is one of the worst, but Syco and 1d (still to this day, Louis I think even went on his podcast recently?) had a close relationship with them and the rumours in that final article about 1d said he was a bit of a dick to work with 🤷‍♀️ Obviously massive pinch of salt with that in particular, but those are the kind of whispers from people and displays of his behaviour that indicate he’s not the nicest person for me personally.

Reactions: 1
i always thought that louis had a "bad rep" amongst management and syco bc he was the only one who showed his unhappiness and dissatisfaction at how things were going with regards to the band. considering how they were worked to death for 5 years, i'd say giving them hell was a good thing.

Reactions: 10
The original poster was asking about Louis, not Harry x
The poster I was replying to was @DeluxeTruffles re whether Harry is a massive prick nowadays. According to one of his musicians, he’s not.

With regard to Louis, though he shouldn’t have posted that tweet encouraging a pile-on, he’s had so much tragedy and grief in his personal life, I will always cut him some slack.

Reactions: 1
The poster I was replying to was @DeluxeTruffles re whether Harry is a massive prick nowadays. According to one of his musicians, he’s not.

With regard to Louis, though he shouldn’t have posted that tweet encouraging a pile-on, he’s had so much tragedy and grief in his personal life, I will always cut him some slack.
Oh my bad sorry, it was because the Texas shows were mentioned and Louis is touring atm

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I did actually mean Louis. But I realise I did not actually put his name in my post. Just keeping you all on your toes!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I did actually mean Louis. But I realise I did not actually put his name in my post. Just keeping you all on your toes!
Now my head hurts 😂😂😂 I’m confuddled and bewildered and my early onset dementia may be kicking in 😉

I have no idea whether Louis is a massive prick irl but I’m sure someone somewhere knows what he’s like these days. He always comes across as genuine and sweet natured and I don’t think he’s that great an actor to fake it.

• Heart
No, I think he seems like a darling. If he stood up for himself and the others in the 1D days then good for him. I am sure they were viewed as a money making machine and were forced to do a lot of things that they found distasteful. If he stated that he was not happy about certain things then I don't think that is ground to be labelled a troublemaker or difficult. If he had not put his foot down then they would have continued to make saccharine pop music and not moved into a more rock/folk/pop sound. He was one of the main songwriters from the third album and helped change the sound. I know I would have no interest in their music had it stayed the same as the first two albums. From Midnight Memories onwards is where their music got really good and I think you probably have to credit Louis with a big portion of that.

Everyone is dickish at times anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No, I think he seems like a darling. If he stood up for himself and the others in the 1D days then good for him. I am sure they were viewed as a money making machine and were forced to do a lot of things that they found distasteful. If he stated that he was not happy about certain things then I don't think that is ground to be labelled a troublemaker or difficult. If he had not put his foot down then they would have continued to make saccharine pop music and not moved into a more rock/folk/pop sound. He was one of the main songwriters from the third album and helped change the sound. I know I would have no interest in their music had it stayed the same as the first two albums. From Midnight Memories onwards is where their music got really good and I think you probably have to credit Louis with a big portion of that.

Everyone is dickish at times anyway.
Especially me ;)

But I agree with what you say regarding the music improving from the 3rd album.

I also loved, loved, loved the song he wrote for his mum, and was heartbroken when his sister died the week it was released. I hope he had people around him to hug him and support him in his grief.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
liam and louis don't get enough credit for their amazing songwriting from midnight memories onwards. some songs were phenomenal and i'm so glad they shifted away from the trashy pop and did what they wanted (i choose to pretend that the 1st album does not exist).

i'm at least glad that they made MITAM before the break bc that album has no bad track at all.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I don't understand how Liam hasn't capitalised on his songwriting talents since 1D went on hiatus, instead of teaming up with other singers and making some pretty dire music. Sorry Liam, you're better than that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.