Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Any idea who Safa’s referring to??
She's a pathetic attention-seeker, only famous because of who her brother is, and not because she's well-known herself. Passive aggressive posts like hers make me ridiculously cross. If she's annoyed with someone, she should tell that person and don't make it a social media storm

• Heart
Reactions: 4

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
What happened with Niall and his Brother / what was his brother doing ? x
He very publicly talked about how he felt abandoned by Niall on twitter since he became famous and generally seemed to blame a lot of his mental health issues on being related to him/having to be compared to him. I don’t think they speak or are in contact anymore, it’s very sad.

It must be very difficult to have a sibling become that famous so quickly tbh. I always think about what Gemma said in that piece she wrote for Harry’s issue of Another Man where their memories together became part of his origin story/stories to use as soundbites and weren’t completely theirs anymore. Some of them have definitely lucked out with the association to them though.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
this thread is making me listen to all their songs from the first album. i forgot what a bop strong is.

which album of theirs do you find yourself still listening to even until now? personally, i only go back to MITAM+ a few Four songs (18, Clouds, Fool's Gold)
I think Four is their best album and Midnight Memories was their best era. I think they stepped up their game when they went from TMH to MM. I love MITAM too but sometimes I feel like it’s a bit lifeless compared to Four even though the songs are really good (probably Zayn’s absence). I have a playlist where I’ve taken all my favourite songs from each album and I think there’s actually more songs from MM and MITAM on there than there is from Four even though its their best and my top 3 1D songs ever are all from that album.

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I think Walls did pretty well. Not sure if in the indie rock scene but certainly it made good sales. Streaming wise it has hit over 500 million streams now and in the US it got to number 9 in the Billboard 200 which is quite remarkable really. First new album for Arista Records to hit the top 10 in over 9 years. In the UK it landed got to number 4 in the album charts. I think it was the bestselling debut album of 2020. All pretty good going.

I think it is very hard to go from being in a hugely successful global boyband to a credible indie rocker just like that - if indeed that is what he is aiming for. No one into indie music is going to think, oh yeah, Louis Tomlinson is my kind of thing. I think it will take time to make people see he can write a really decent song and is influenced by that sound. I was impressed with Walls. Put off listening to it for ages as I am a judgemental so and so and thought I wouldn't like it. Turns out, it is pretty good. He is only going to be able to convince people if he continues to write and record good solid songs. So far so good in my opinion, I can't wait to hear his next album.

• Heart

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
How can Harry be on a yacht in Italy, drinking wine, when we've only recently been allowed to leave Wales? Is he working? That seems to be how all these famous people get round the Covid travel restrictions. How do I apply for a job working for him? If you're reading, Harry, I make a mean bacon buttie which will sort your hangover out when you've overdone the wine. Give me the nod and I'll send you my CV. ;) :D
He was out there filming the last scenes for My Policeman. There are scenes in the book set in Venice. Once that was done I believe he had Gucci work 'stuff' with Alessandro Michele and then he was photographed at some lovely hotel in the outdoor shower after having a dip in the sea and then we have Holivia at the England Ukraine match in Rome and FINALLY we have Holivia on the yacht - supposedly love's young dream.

So yeah, you get out there under the 'have to travel for work' excuse and then go on a lush holiday for the rest of the summer. Bastards.

Do you remember Pernod and black. Vile
Cannot drink Pernod. I hate anything aniseed or liquorish. Ugh.

monsterinlaw

I respect Zayn for wanting to protect his kid. The problem is, he married into a real housewives-eque family.
Except he didn't.

definitely this. yolanda has always been bad vibes since she was on real housewives.
Leaking the pregnancy news was a real dick move. It wasn't her news to share.

Yolanda being a bad person doesn’t justify striking her though. She’s the grandmother of his child and he didn’t deny it in his statement.
the twitter comments about this are just what you'd expect, the fact he's not denied it means it must have a ounce of truth.
He literally said that he would have contested it only for the fact he wants to protect his daughter - how is he "not denying it"? Maybe he just doesn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry knowing his business?

Rosa34

Chatty Member
Congratulations to Lottie!! She still seems so young to me though. Wish it wasn’t with that idiot though.

TimeTraveler

Yeah I mean "Harry" tweeted about several hours after websites and emails from venues/ticketmaster had been sent out so they have every right to be very upset. And I do agree it's very likely a lot of shows will be cancelled and he just won't speak about it. Jeff did really well in becoming friends with Harry and eventually becoming his manager. The whole family is so fucking connected with everything. Harry would never have gotten a Grammy if it wasn't for the azoff's connections.

PeonyBlush

VIP Member
People.com have reported Gigi and Zayn have broken up. So I’m assuming they have then? The co-parent comment makes more sense as you’d technically use that word if you’re not with the other parent. Also Gigi’s statement didn’t mention Zayn at all just their daughter so that’s pretty telling too.
This is what I was coming here to ask! Co-parenting is usually when you’re split up isnt it?

• Sad

tattle420

VIP Member
Poor liam honestly... it's like all he knew was how to be the "dad" of 1d and once that ended he had no idea what he wanted to do. i honestly thought strip that down was good and expected him to go down the justin timberlake route but idk what happened.
i would confidently say that niall is doing the best next to harry. he's got collabs with anyone and everyone and not one person has a bad thing to say about him. he's just minding his business and making music that he enjoys 🎶

Scar14

VIP Member
I’m pretty sure that Louis grew up in a decent area in Doncaster, but not one of the best. When his mum met Dan they moved to a good area.
I wouldn’t say that their family was well off before Louis got famous though, his mum was a midwife so didnt get the best wage and I’m sure all the girls shared a bedroom at that point

Candyprincess

Just on the Harry uk tour I’m a big fan of him and will go to see him but it’s so disappointing the little amount of dates he’s put on. He would be nothing without the uk fans who’ve supported him for 12 years! What happened to Don’t forget where you belong Harry? Also on the refund situation it’s very bad form making people who already bought tickets buy tickets again. I guarantee you there’s people who won’t go now as it’s just too much hassle. Also I know it’s not that big of a deal but most of the uk dates are on weekdays which means people will have to take time off work. He really needs to remember why he has this massive career and where the roots of that came from.
I think it’s a bit unfair, especially for people who had tickets for the cities he’s playing in for the new dates, they should have been able to keep their tickets & have them moved to the new venue & then maybe offer those for other dates a refund or a ticket to one of the new ones. When Louis rearranged his from the roundhouse (that was meant to be March 2020 lol) & moved it to Wembley arena for April everyone with existing tickets could keep them or have them refunded, made more sense than refunding everyone and then making them buy them again.

Isola

Liam's sisters are in their mid 30s and ordinary looking so didn't get or seek attention. Lottie and the twins are only popular because they're skinny and very pretty. The twins are signed to Elite models despite being only 5ft 4. I think Lottie was much more attractive pre fillers, though.

Wonder when Eleanor and Louis will marry and have children? Maybe not soon if he wants to keep his fandom of Larries.

Re. Liam & Louis writing 1d songs - they had vanity credits for sitting in on sessions and suggesting themes & lyrics. Neither one can play an instrument so Julian Bunetta et al did the heavy lifting. Liam's new label weren't prepared to go along with that farce.

sleepflowers

VIP Member
I honestly think he just likes both, he seems pretty relaxed about the whole sexuality thing. He likes who he likes, male or female.

user12342626367374

Chatty Member
One thing that has made me really happy is how Phoebe (and maybe Daisy&Lottie) have a good relationship with Dans new wife especially how things started off with her. I think it shows how they have matured and learnt that you can never have too much love in a family.

I do wonder how it came about that her and Phoebe became besties, I know that they knew each other before she started dating Dan.

Sally (Dans sister) is also public again after going private from the Tomlinson hate after the story situation in 2018, had a little stalk and saw this:
B27D416D-45EA-4311-B0CB-1163BE819F48.jpeg

Also she only follows Phoebe/Phoebe is the only one to follow her.

Sorry if no one is interested in this lol, I was just so into all the drama the twins would created back in 2017/18 it’s something I low-key can’t get over 😂

• Heart

erahme

I don’t know how they’d have been sent a syco contract when they were never signed to him but regardless, the contents of said contract was probably like how jedward are describing it😢
They never really signed with Modest either other than while ON the XF. Once the show finished they signed with Louis Walsh Management in Dec 2009. They signed with a sony label at the same time (not syco) by March 2010 there deal with Sony was done and they were signed with Universal who is a direct competitor. 1D hadn't even been formed by that point. So while having seen both XF and BGT contracts and know they aren't the nicest. There is NO way they have a contract that was supposed to be tailored just for 1D. They are just clout chasing using bigger names to get attention for their story.