One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are mostly gentle/attachment parents. I do actually agree with a lot of what she is saying (which for reference my children are well behaved, and my 4 in school have never even so much as been on the rainy cloud).

However, she's got one child that's 2 and she's preaching about parenting. She hasn't experienced so much of it! She hasn't seen the long game and how they are at 5, 9, 13 etc. I know she's a TA, but it's still not the same as actually having to parent those children.

I know I parent quite differently to friends and family and I just keep quiet about it. I only offer my advice or perspective if asked. Feels a bit cringey to me for just the average parent to be writing huge long captions about what an amazing parenting outlook they have, as not everyone's going to agree!

I agree about the rant - wonder if family and friends are perhaps on at her and she feels the need to justify herself?
I agree with so much of this. I've said previously on here, being preached at by the parent of one toddler is worse than being preached at by someone with no children.

As for the other bit about only giving advice when asked, I thank any parent who does this 😂 and wish more people were like it.

As for the rant about how she doesn't want to feel like she should have to keep apologising for her parenting methods, then maybe she should rein her own opinions in a bit, because some people will read her judgemental posts and feel like tit for doing things differently. She claims not to be judgemental, but her tone says otherwise.

Reactions: 2
How can she be home schooling? Raven isn’t old enough to be at school so surely she is doing what everyone with toddlers does?

How can she be home schooling? Raven isn’t old enough to be at school so surely she is doing what everyone with toddlers does?
Aside from that it kind of got me how she didn’t really acknowledge being able to home school / unschool your child is a privilege that many just cannot do. Some want to but finances make it impossible. Some want to attachment parent 24/7 and again that’s not possible either. I feel like she never really recognises that.

Reactions: 3
Aside from that it kind of got me how she didn’t really acknowledge being able to home school / unschool your child is a privilege that many just cannot do. Some want to but finances make it impossible. Some want to attachment parent 24/7 and again that’s not possible either. I feel like she never really recognises that.
I’m the least attachment parent going so can’t really comment on that, but purely from a nosiness perspective I’d love to know how they can afford for her to work so little (and seemingly not at all in a couple of years time when she plans on home schooling) when someone said he husband works in retail?

Even as a store manager he wouldn’t be on any more than £25k, how on earth do they pay their mortgage?

Reactions: 4
I’m the least attachment parent going so can’t really comment on that, but purely from a nosiness perspective I’d love to know how they can afford for her to work so little (and seemingly not at all in a couple of years time when she plans on home schooling) when someone said he husband works in retail?

Even as a store manager he wouldn’t be on any more than £25k, how on earth do they pay their mortgage?
I definitely don’t think it’s something they will be able to manage THAT comfortably, but I don’t think she cares as long as she gets to stay home with Raven all day 🙄 they don’t seem to live a particularly extravagant lifestyle and I’m guessing they’d be entitled to some benefits. Never know, she might start to sell out like her best mate motherofalladventures and start trying to flog us any old shite.

She wrote a book?

She wrote a book?
I don't think an author receives that much money from their first book. Certainly not enough to live off for years while she stays at home home-schooling her child.

I often feel when reading her posts though that she's angling for a second book deal.

Reactions: 1

She wrote I book and she has a claim going through the hospital following Winters death as its being investigated so I'm wondering if they are expecting a payout for that?

She wrote I book and she has a claim going through the hospital following Winters death as its being investigated so I'm wondering if they are expecting a payout for that?

I didn’t realise she’d claimed against the hospital for Winters Death? I’d not seen anything mentioned!

I didn’t realise she’d claimed against the hospital for Winters Death? I’d not seen anything mentioned!
She posted something a while back as the hospital had got in touch with her as they were investigating the deaths of several babies at the same time and now I can't remember if Winter was one of those babies

She posted something a while back as the hospital had got in touch with her as they were investigating the deaths of several babies at the same time and now I can't remember if Winter was one of those babies

I can remember reading something a couple of years ago regarding infant deaths at the royal Derby during certain years, I remember it because my little boy was born at that hospital during the time they were looking into, it shook me up a little bit!

The hospital should absolutely be held accountable if there were failures that lead to Winter’s death. I’m not sure she ever spoke about the cause of death, but I was wondering if it was Group B Strep or some other infection which could have been detected and treated.

The hospital should absolutely be held accountable if there were failures that lead to Winter’s death. I’m not sure she ever spoke about the cause of death, but I was wondering if it was Group B Strep or some other infection which could have been detected and treated.
Didn’t she mention he some kind of heart condition that wasn’t preventable/or could be treated?

Didn’t she mention he some kind of heart condition that wasn’t preventable/or could be treated?

I’ve just found an old article - an interview that Nicola did after Raven was born, and it says he had heart complications?!

She posted a while ago that the investigation had found that winters death was not preventable and the hospital was not at fault, which they were relieved about, naturally.
definitely won’t have had a payout from the hospital if there was no liability found

Oh is that right? Like I said, I couldn’t recall P ever discussing why Winter died so my guess was infection as that’s probably one of the more common and preventable causes of neonatal death. With all the speculation that there might have been some sort of inquiry at the hospital, that was the first thing that sprang to mind.

I hope that knowing it was a heart condition and that nothing could have been done might be some small comfort to the family. Surprised it wasn’t picked up during scans though. Poor little boy.

I can remember reading something a couple of years ago regarding infant deaths at the royal Derby during certain years, I remember it because my little boy was born at that hospital during the time they were looking into, it shook me up a little bit!
It's Glenfield that's being investigated. That's where Winter was transfered to from Derby.

I’ve just found an old article - an interview that Nicola did after Raven was born, and it says he had heart complications?!
He went floppy after birth and was resuscitated and then transferred to Glenfield to their heart department. He then passed away but it's Glenfield that are being investigated over several deaths relating to the heart department

This will probably sound weird but I don't like the way she dresses her so boyish and the clothes always look far too big

Reactions: 7
Only about 1/4 of heart conditions can be picked up via scan I’m sure that’s what my sonographer told me. Sometimes there’s no reason why it happens and nothing that can be done 😢 poor family

Shes too preachy for me..
Also that kid has no table manners. Yes she can recognise letters of the alphabet but she sits on tables, eats off another person's plate and eats curry with her hands.
Plus I wish she would clean that step up thing, its rotten.
I also wish she would stop saying 'young gums' makes me wanna slice my ears off

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.