One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One word... PREACHY!!!

She is very preachy! As parents we all do things our own way, but when you start telling others how to do things, it really annoys me! I unfollowed her a long time ago as she was coming across as this perfect, know it all parent - but her child literally has zero boundaries, she will just give in to whatever Raven wants to do, that’s not the way to parent a child, they need those boundaries!

Reactions: 4
I live near her and have followed her a while on social media.
Last week I saw them out shopping, Raven was running towards a main road and her husband was pushing the trike.
Her mum had to run after her, across the road and left husband trailing quite far behind with the trike.
I’m not judgemental one bit but I felt for him. I think he feels pushed out a lot.

Reactions: 2
Last week I saw them out shopping, Raven was running towards a main road and her husband was pushing the trike.
Her mum had to run after her, across the road and left husband trailing quite far behind with the trike.
I’m not judgemental one bit but I felt for him. I think he feels pushed out a lot.
What was she doing at the time??

Very preachy and annoying but I think this will have to change when raven starts school. She will have to follow rules. Maybe that's why she wants to home school. Also glad the titty shots ate less frequent. I'm all for breastfeeding, and feeding in public, but her feeding shots sometimes seemed gratuitous and all about her. Ours just unnecessary when it's there just to make you look all earth mother all the time.

Reactions: 5
So she’s gonna sit on her arse every day, willingly giving up her job so she can homeschool whilst her poor husband has to go to work. I’ve done some snooping and as far as I can tell he works in a clothes shop. Not sure on his position but he’s hardly in an amazingly paid job.

I live in Derby as well, not far from her either! I’ve only ever seen her in town twice before she had Raven! She always appeared very close to Dean, I know having a baby can can a relationship, but she does seem all about Raven on her stories and her posts, you never really see Dean very often - wonder whether that’s his choice or she’s more bothered about filming Raven, and just leaves him out!

Very preachy and annoying but I think this will have to change when raven starts school. She will have to follow rules. Maybe that's why she wants to home school. Also glad the titty shots ate less frequent. I'm all for breastfeeding, and feeding in public, but her feeding shots sometimes seemed gratuitous and all about her. Ours just unnecessary when it's there just to make you look all earth mother all the time.
I posted about this on the Oaks and Olive thread when she was mentioned - nothing against breastfeeding whatsoever, I just didn’t understand why she felt it was necessary to post boob shots and stories constantly, it was something that made me uncomfortable seeing her post something like that on her PUBLIC Instagram for anyone to see, if felt attention seeking at times!

So she’s gonna sit on her arse every day, willingly giving up her job so she can homeschool whilst her poor husband has to go to work. I’ve done some snooping and as far as I can tell he works in a clothes shop. Not sure on his position but he’s hardly in an amazingly paid job.

I’m sure she’s mentioned before he’s a manager at All Saints!!

Reactions: 1
You’d think losing one child you would be protecting and safeguarding your surviving child, It’s incredibly dangerous on the road next to them down to the shopping area, she really needs to engage with raven about safety, not let her think she’s invincible.

dean looks miserable when I’ve seen him in intu. It’s not healthy.

You’d think losing one child you would be protecting and safeguarding your surviving child, It’s incredibly dangerous on the road next to them down to the shopping area, she really needs to engage with raven about safety, not let her think she’s invincible.

dean looks miserable when I’ve seen him in intu. It’s not healthy.

Exactly! Crossing over the road to get to the shopping precinct there is awful, there’s no zebra crossings there I don’t think, why would you just let your child run off? My son is nearly 6 and I still make sure he holds onto my hand constantly and when we walk anywhere he’s always on the inside of the pavement away from traffic, he’s getting pretty good with learning about safety and he knows what to look out for when crossing a road. There’s being a gentle parent and there’s being a lazy parent, and not teaching your child the basics of things like that is really not good, it feels like she just wants to let Raven do whatever she wants to do, and insinuates to the rest of us that by setting boundaries, saying the word no and other things that we are somehow inferior parents, I think that’s what really annoys me about her, she thinks her way of parenting is the ‘best’ way!

I bet her post from November 3rd about "focusing on the doing" has lost her a few followers.
It's all very well telling people to spend more time doing things with their kids when you work part time and you've got one child who doesn't need to be up for childcare or school, and you don't mind living in a mess. Bit different with more kids, who need a strict bedtime, and parents who work full time.
It all comes across very much "I'm better than you all."

They say there's nothing more annoying than parenting advice from someone with no kids, but I'd say parenting advice from someone with one pre-school age child comes a close second.

Reactions: 9
She’s popped a tit out on her stories for us again today, lovely xx

Wow, she breastfeeds, I had no idea 😂🤣

She’s so irritating - like we know you BF, we don’t need to see it every 5 seconds 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t get it, I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking a photo/video of myself BF and posting it on a PUBLIC social media account, where anyone can see it!

Reactions: 3
Wow, she breastfeeds, I had no idea 😂🤣

She’s so irritating - like we know you BF, we don’t need to see it every 5 seconds 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t get it, I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking a photo/video of myself BF and posting it on a PUBLIC social media account, where anyone can see it!
Personally I wouldn’t bother, Ive been photographed breastfeeding before and while it was posted online it was in the context of it just being a family photo. In fact I didn’t realise I was even bf in it to start with!

I feel however that One Day of Winter is taking photos of feeding, especially now, to provoke ‘debate’ ie justify her choices. If she’s really confident and comfortable in her choices perhaps she shouldn’t need to make an issue of it. 🤷‍♀️

I’ve also just read the Santa grid post about being ‘good’ or ‘bad’ 🙄 jeesus hen Santa was just making chit chat!!

Reactions: 4
Her bf shots are always a bit gratuitous. More about the tit than the feeding, she's being deliberately provocative. It's why I unfollowed her, all the tit shots and the preaching.

Personally I wouldn’t bother, Ive been photographed breastfeeding before and while it was posted online it was in the context of it just being a family photo. In fact I didn’t realise I was even bf in it to start with!

I feel however that One Day of Winter is taking photos of feeding, especially now, to provoke ‘debate’ ie justify her choices. If she’s really confident and comfortable in her choices perhaps she shouldn’t need to make an issue of it. 🤷‍♀️

I’ve also just read the Santa grid post about being ‘good’ or ‘bad’ 🙄 jeesus hen Santa was just making chit chat!!

I think you’re right about her posting things to provoke debate, I’ve seen her post things that she knows full well will cause this on her comments, as you say if she thought she was doing right, she wouldn’t be continually posting about things!

Her bf shots are always a bit gratuitous. More about the tit than the feeding, she's being deliberately provocative. It's why I unfollowed her, all the tit shots and the preaching.

Exactly the reason I unfollowed - her preachy parenting and insinuating to other parents if you weren’t doing things the way she was, you are somehow a lesser parent, and the tedious breastfeeding posts!!

Unfollowed her months ago now. Clearly thinks her parenting style is superior. Good luck with that when you have another baby hun, poor raven will get a shock to the system

Unfollowed her months ago now. Clearly thinks her parenting style is superior. Good luck with that when you have another baby hun, poor raven will get a shock to the system

At this point Raven has probably never been told ‘no’ she has set no boundaries whatsoever for that little girl, and she just lets Raven do whatever she wants - she will find that very difficult when she has another, and as you say, so will Raven!!

I followed her from before she was pregnant with Raven, then followed her throughout the pregnancy. I thought she wrote so well and my heart broke for her loss. I was so happy for her when Raven was born too.

But she turned so smug and so superior SO FAST I unfollowed. I see, er, nothing’s changed 😄

Reactions: 5
I followed her from before she was pregnant with Raven, then followed her throughout the pregnancy. I thought she wrote so well and my heart broke for her loss. I was so happy for her when Raven was born too.

But she turned so smug and so superior SO FAST I unfollowed. I see, er, nothing’s changed 😄
Yep she’s basically the same, still preaching about gentle parenting and how that makes her a far superior parent to the rest of us that lose their tit occasionally!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.