One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The flour thing...she does gentle parenting and to be fair I think even most who don’t actively practice it wouldn’t shout at or “punish” a young child for doing such a thing. She’s curious and it’s a nice texture and messy, kids love that tit

However it’s the way there’s not one iota of annoyance in her when talking about it that I think is a bit weird? It’s all very flowers and rainbows like all of her parenting stuff. Does that make sense? Like I would be walking to the other room for a minute contemplating 7 wines in a row if I saw that mess.

Reactions: 5
The flour thing...she does gentle parenting and to be fair I think even most who don’t actively practice it wouldn’t shout at or “punish” a young child for doing such a thing. She’s curious and it’s a nice texture and messy, kids love that tit

However it’s the way there’s not one iota of annoyance in her when talking about it that I think is a bit weird? It’s all very flowers and rainbows like all of her parenting stuff. Does that make sense? Like I would be walking to the other room for a minute contemplating 7 wines in a row if I saw that mess.
I wonder if her attitude is all for the gram or she’s actually like that irl. I guess we’ll never know 😂 I think I’d go and scream into a pillow if my toddler did that

Reactions: 3
I'm only following her still as I cant wait til she pops out another baby...

She how calm and patient she is when she isnt making it to any appointments for the new baby because Ray wont get in her car seat...😏🤣
Ha, you’re spot on. The hardcore crunchy attachment/gentle/permissive/whatever parents always do their preaching from the standpoint of being a first time parent. You just can’t maintain that tit when you have more than one small child to care for 🤣

Reactions: 4
@EmilyChambers it was actually me that said it 😂 before you try and cause an argument and 'quote' someone, please make sure it's the correct person .... And I stand by my statement. It's bad manners!

Reactions: 5
Because it was another poster who said it was considered ‘bad manners’ and that Raven had none.
Let’s move on now 🙄
Then I apologise wholeheartedly for misquoting but I stand by my opinion which I am allowed to do.

@EmilyChambers please leave the thread. Your bringing nothing to it so bye 👋 go eat something with your hands
How rude.

I wasn't aware you were a moderator so therefore I will leave the thread but it's a pretty crappy way to moderate, that someone can only post if moderators think it's add value.

How on earth do you debate if you can only post agreeable comments and same opinions 😳

@EmilyChambers it was actually me that said it 😂 before you try and cause an argument and 'quote' someone, please make sure it's the correct person .... And I stand by my statement. It's bad manners!
I've apologised and also stand by my opinion.

It blows my mind a bit that there are so many women making a career talking about their baby’s death on Instagram. I just saw a hello fresh AD on one page.

Reactions: 3
It blows my mind a bit that there are so many women making a career talking about their baby’s death on Instagram. I just saw a hello fresh AD on one page.
oh my god. I care a lot about removing the taboo of baby loss and talking about personal experiences - even using reach and engagement to fundraise for charities set up to support bereaved families - but to turn it into a personal profit making opportunity is disgusting.

Reactions: 1
I think the Instagram of 3-5+ years ago was a different place, and a great source of community and support for women going through all sorts of stuff, be it bereavement or cancer or parenting special needs children. But Instagram is unrecognisable from those days. I can think of a couple of accounts I follow that have stayed true to themselves and aren’t relentlessly on the make, but they’re in the minority. I look at some accounts and think “Whoa, you used to be such a force for good: raising awareness and breaking taboos, and now you’re just a schill for Tesco.”

Anyway, that’s a bit off topic because I’m not talking about One Day of Winter, but I know what you mean Afrocircus.

The way she calls herself momma/mama 🤢
The way she lies for likes.

Claims she had to wash her hair with baby shampoo when there's at least 2 bottles of "adult supplies" in the basket behind her.

And I'm still convinced the flour all over the floor was a set up. She tries desperately to make herself seem like a "normal" relatable mum.

Don't get me started on the post moaning about not being able to find somewhere to stay that meets their sleeping arrangements. 🙄

Reactions: 7
Her post the other day was so weird. Letting Raven sit on her lap when shitting then showing Raven her poo. Raven is 2 surely she could have sat on the sofa while she went to the toilet 🙄.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Now I’m not one of those people who preach on about how we, as parents, should never feature our children on our social media accounts because they haven’t given their permission (I just keep my accounts locked down)... but imagine the horror of knowing that there are hundreds of photos of you breastfeeding, and your mum once turned you taking a crap into an, er, “learning opportunity” and then told everyone on the internet about it.

Reactions: 7
Now I’m not one of those people who preach on about how we, as parents, should never feature our children on our social media accounts because they haven’t given their permission (I just keep my accounts locked down)... but imagine the horror of knowing that there are hundreds of photos of you breastfeeding, and your mum once turned you taking a crap into an, er, “learning opportunity” and then told everyone on the internet about it.
This!! My account is private, always has been. I always think about the kids of these "instamums" when they grow up, their whole childhood will be plastered all over the Internet for god knows who to look at. I had to unfollow Pea, the preachy gentle parenting tit got too much for me

I think as much as she might give parenting advice and be very preachy - she's got one young child, she probably has little/no idea what it's like to have an older child who would be absolutely mortified that their mum had posted such stuff about them when they were younger, nevermind completely publicly.

Also, as a TA I wonder if it's ever been mentioned to her? As I'm friends with a few TA's from my children's primary school and they aren't allowed to use their full names on social media so they aren't easily findable and have to keep it locked down and be careful who they are friends with etc.

I think as much as she might give parenting advice and be very preachy - she's got one young child, she probably has little/no idea what it's like to have an older child who would be absolutely mortified that their mum had posted such stuff about them when they were younger, nevermind completely publicly.

Also, as a TA I wonder if it's ever been mentioned to her? As I'm friends with a few TA's from my children's primary school and they aren't allowed to use their full names on social media so they aren't easily findable and have to keep it locked down and be careful who they are friends with etc.
There's no hard rule for this. From a safeguarding point of view then it's not recommended being friends with families or pupils on social media. Secondary Teachers often don't have it because Secondary pupils are a lot more likely to try and find them or they have a different name.

My old school had no rules in place re social media use other than you can't have pupils or their families as friends.

The schools under my LA have pretty much the same blanket rule so you can't assume that she hasn't been told as her LA might not have definitive rules in place.

Why is she showing a book about preparing a child for School, when she’s said she’s home schooling Raven? 🤔

Regarding her latest post, I don't think I've ever had to "deflect questions" about my kids bedtime. Or felt pressured to set a bedtime. Or, for that matter, given a tit what time anyone elses kid goes to bed.

I'd love to know who all these people are that she claims are constantly "pressuring" her to do things or to answer questions about her child and her parenting methods. I do wonder sometimes if it's her own family members, or maybe even her husband? Maybe after an early start sneaking around to avoid waking his wife and child, and a long day at work, he'd quite like to come home and know he's guaranteed some chill out time once Raven is in bed.

I did snigger when I read the comment underneath where someone pointed out this sort of arrangement is fine when you've only got one child to sort out. 👍

Reactions: 10
She just sounds like someone constantly signalling to others how “alternative” she is 🤷‍♀️

I’ve been a parent for 8.5 years and have never given a tit about the sleeping habits of other people’s babies. Not once, not ever.

Reactions: 8
I reckon she does no set bedtimes cause she can’t be assed with the hassle of raven having a tantrum cause she doesn’t wanna go to bed 😂 it’s an easier life for her to just let r do what she wants

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.