One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They all sleep in the same bed together
Oh - odd as caption was written with no mention of him or them, just her.
however on a practical note kids are roasting hot and squirmy af, if any of them are managing good quality sleep fair play to them!

Reactions: 1
I get the impression her husband is at the bottom of her list of priorities and only wants him around for financial support and to provide the sperm for the next child she’s inevitably gonna pop out.

Reactions: 4
Oh - odd as caption was written with no mention of him or them, just her.
however on a practical note kids are roasting hot and squirmy af, if any of them are managing good quality sleep fair play to them!
She has mentioned it a couple of times before. There is a cot bed type thing attached to the double bed for raven so it’s effectively a triple bed... not to my taste, I personally don’t even like sleeping next to my husband let alone my kids 😂🤣 but each to their own.. I guess 🙃

• Haha
I get the impression her husband is at the bottom of her list of priorities and only wants him around for financial support and to provide the sperm for the next child she’s inevitably gonna pop out.

I think Pea/Nicola is so invested in Raven after her loss, that Dean is basically left out. They always seemed to have a very close relationship, but he barely seems to be mentioned by her now, he doesn’t really feature on her stories or posts, it almost comes across sometimes that she is a single parent, because she mentions her Husband so little?! Very strange!!

Reactions: 3
Her latest post feels like a real attempt to out-do everyone with how little she focusses on herself 😖

‘Haven’t bought clothes for over a year’ ‘had a glass of wine for the first time in 5 years and didn’t even finish it’ jeez it must be exhausting being so holier-than-thou.

You can be a good mum and still buy yourself clothes and get pissed every now and then, believe it or not.

Reactions: 15
Oh, she really is a classic attachment parent. They love to compete amongst each other to be the biggest martyr: who sleeps the least, who breastfeeds all night despite how little sleep they get, who sacrifices their sanity the most for the sake of their child, who they obviously love so much more than mainstream mothers...

Reactions: 6
Her latest post feels like a real attempt to out-do everyone with how little she focusses on herself 😖

‘Haven’t bought clothes for over a year’ ‘had a glass of wine for the first time in 5 years and didn’t even finish it’ jeez it must be exhausting being so holier-than-thou.

You can be a good mum and still buy yourself clothes and get pissed every now and then, believe it or not.

God she acts like such a bloody martyr, does she want a medal for not drinking, not buying herself any new clothes etc. Plenty of mums go without for their Children, they just don’t feel the need to brag about it and go ‘aren’t I wonderful for doing all these things’ she’s such a smug, sanctimonious parent!

I thought the same,and what was the deal about not using a pushchair etc and how lucky she is to carry the Child everywhere or something? It’s not a bad thing to use a bleeping pram

i cannot stand this woman. I find it absolutely abhorrent that she will never except that a child can be naughty or do things they aren’t supposed to. I commented on her picture once re: school and I asked about what raven will do when a teacher says it’s maths time, or play time has finished and it’s time to sit down and she has to follow direction. Nicola came back with “oh it’s the teachers job to make each situation fun and engaging for the child and it is their job to ensure the child wants to”. I’m sorry but what a load of bollocks! Her child will he an absolute BRAT and will be the worst behaved child going. What happened to understanding children thrive on boundaries and children literally crave consistency, routine and understand of rules

I thought the same,and what was the deal about not using a pushchair etc and how lucky she is to carry the Child everywhere or something? It’s not a bad thing to use a bleeping pram
She says that she doesn’t take her into the town or shopping because she would run around everywhere. She’s going to be the most ‘feral’ child with no boundaries or rules. Her long speech about being a fussy parent 🤢🤢 why wouldn’t you want time away from your child? It’s healthy to want your own space too.

Urgh her latest post. I absolutely can’t stand her! I think it’s odd also how much of an advocate for co sleeping she was in the early days too. She even used a sleepyhead at night for raven to sleep in... unsupervised! Which is dangerous. I thought if anyone would practice safe sleep it would be her.

Last edited:
Isn’t it ironic how she cares so deeply for her children, ravens NEEDS and wants are top of the list however without that poor child’s say so she has plastered her every moment since birth over the internet for everyone to see (those with good intentions and bad) she internet is a dangerous place. And I don’t agree with sharing images of her deceased child - I think that is just absolutely beyond ... I don’t even know (it makes me lost for words) it is definitely a personal opinion and I know that others won’t agree but how you could take the choice from a baby or infant away and put them on the internet is crazy and sad let alone one who isn’t even alive. Like seriously stop for a minuet and just think about how crazy it is. Social media is just.. well yeah I’m lost for words.

From her latest post: "If she were ever to join a nursery I would insist on staying with her until she was happy for me to leave, no matter how many weeks or months that took."

So sod the rest of the kids who would see this, then see their own parents leaving through necessity for work etc, and be confused by it all?

I'd bloody love to see her face if she took Raven to a nursery and she skipped off to play without so much as a look back like my kid did!

Then in the comments further down she mentions how she's not judging people who parent differently to her, yet the overall tone of her page is very much judgemental towards those who don't follow "her" method, either through choice or necessity.

From her latest post: "If she were ever to join a nursery I would insist on staying with her until she was happy for me to leave, no matter how many weeks or months that took."

So sod the rest of the kids who would see this, then see their own parents leaving through necessity for work etc, and be confused by it all?

I'd bloody love to see her face if she took Raven to a nursery and she skipped off to play without so much as a look back like my kid did!

Then in the comments further down she mentions how she's not judging people who parent differently to her, yet the overall tone of her page is very much judgemental towards those who don't follow "her" method, either through choice or necessity.
An attachment parent wouldn't pick a nursery, they'd go for a childminder who follows their ethos.

And she's mentioned home schooling plenty of times so I'm sure that's the route she's going down

I can imagine she’d judge me and my ‘watch the iPad I need to make dinner, please don’t massage playdoh into the cat, mainlining wine to get through the terrible twos’ parenting style nine ways to Sunday.

Reactions: 5

100% agree (y)

I have to wonder who these people in her life are that seem to criticise her parenting constantly. Every single post about parenting comes off as a rant she wanted to have at someone. I can imagine her cornering people and yelling at them.
‘This is how I parent’
‘Okay’
‘I’m not going to apologise’
‘Got it’
‘No really, this is the way I am.’
‘Err...alright’
‘Say what you like, I’m not going to change’
*backing away slowly*

• Haha
  • Heart
We are mostly gentle/attachment parents. I do actually agree with a lot of what she is saying (which for reference my children are well behaved, and my 4 in school have never even so much as been on the rainy cloud).

However, she's got one child that's 2 and she's preaching about parenting. She hasn't experienced so much of it! She hasn't seen the long game and how they are at 5, 9, 13 etc. I know she's a TA, but it's still not the same as actually having to parent those children.

I know I parent quite differently to friends and family and I just keep quiet about it. I only offer my advice or perspective if asked. Feels a bit cringey to me for just the average parent to be writing huge long captions about what an amazing parenting outlook they have, as not everyone's going to agree!

I agree about the rant - wonder if family and friends are perhaps on at her and she feels the need to justify herself?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.