One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now she’s got a tit on about the question ‘is she a good eater.’Jesus Christ. People are probably asking that because little kids are notoriously picky. Does it really require an essay 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m sure I read a reply from her on a comment about this. She said she usually has sex on the couch and she only associates her bed with sleeping. My daughter HATES having to share a bed with me on the odd occasion we have and so do I tbh 😂 children quite like their own space, I don’t see why she has to be so insistent they all share a bed.
I wish my 3 year old liked her own space 😫 I’m in the same situation but certainly not by choice

Reactions: 1
I wish my 3 year old liked her own space 😫 I’m in the same situation but certainly not by choice
My friend insisted on sharing a bed with her little boy and now he’s 7. Still in her bed and she regrets her decision to co sleep 😂 he also refuses to stay out anywhere and misses out on sleepovers with friends. But you know.. attachment parenting is ‘healthy’😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My friend insisted on sharing a bed with her little boy and now he’s 7. Still in her bed and she regrets her decision to co sleep 😂 he also refuses to stay out anywhere and misses out on sleepovers with friends. But you know.. attachment parenting is ‘healthy’😂🙄
Oh I jump at the chance of a free night she doesn’t have an option 😂😂

I’m sure I read a reply from her on a comment about this. She said she usually has sex on the couch and she only associates her bed with sleeping. My daughter HATES having to share a bed with me on the odd occasion we have and so do I tbh 😂 children quite like their own space, I don’t see why she has to be so insistent they all share a bed.
I think this is child dependant and I wouldn’t judge this choice. I’ve had children sleep in my bed every night till they are naturally 5 and children who sleep happily in their own beds. I’m currently breastfeeding a child a bit younger than Raven and she sleeps in a cot attached to my bed as the last 2 children did till they were about 2. Then they had their own bed in a separate room but came into our bed every night. We just got more sleep going with the flow.
The whole letting her stand to eat, not get in her car seat is just being a bit silly. She still needs boundaries and guidance. And to be safe.

Dear god these sanctimonious posts about food. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I have been what’s know as a “crunchy parent” to all of my children (breastfeeding, co-sleeping, BLW, baby wearing, cloth nappies etc), however, the extent of her parenting methods are just boarding on the ridiculous. As people have already said, children need boundaries. They need to know right from wrong. There’s being gentle while teaching them these things, but she’s just setting her up for failure completely. I can’t see Dean agreeing to homeschooling her for her entire school career, so when she does eventually get into a main street school environment, she won’t cope at all. It’s sad really

As a gentle, attachment parent and someone who generally has the piss taken out off them by my family for extended breastfeeding and co sleeping etc it pisses me off that she’s doing so much damage and making it look absolutely ridiculous. The whole car seat nonsense just makes her look like someone who has lost their way completely.

I have been what’s know as a “crunchy parent” to all of my children (breastfeeding, co-sleeping, BLW, baby wearing, cloth nappies etc), however, the extent of her parenting methods are just boarding on the ridiculous. As people have already said, children need boundaries. They need to know right from wrong. There’s being gentle while teaching them these things, but she’s just setting her up for failure completely. I can’t see Dean agreeing to homeschooling her for her entire school career, so when she does eventually get into a main street school environment, she won’t cope at all. It’s sad really
Are you American? I've heard some Americans refer to themselves as crunchy and think it's a fab name!

I'm a gentle parent, and co slept and used a sling yet we still had boundaries. While I spend more time reasoning with my toddler at times than most would, I didn't forego boundaries. Regardless of my feelings etc those boundaries will be there through his entire life so why on earth make an already hard life more difficult?

Some of the worst behave children I've minded have gentle parents and they simply cannot cope with being asked to do something because they can do what they please at home under the guise of gentle parenting.

As a gentle, attachment parent and someone who generally has the piss taken out off them by my family for extended breastfeeding and co sleeping etc it pisses me off that she’s doing so much damage and making it look absolutely ridiculous. The whole car seat nonsense just makes her look like someone who has lost their way completely.
Exactly. It makes the rest of us look like idiots. All because she's taking it to the extreme and makes it look like gentle parenting is a cop out when it's actually a very effective method

Reactions: 3
I bet the house stinks, can’t imagine she has time for cleaning breastfeeding 23 hours a day 😂

• Haha
Are you American? I've heard some Americans refer to themselves as crunchy and think it's a fab name!
No no, I’m from good ol’ Blighty 😂 I’ve always loved the term crunchy though, rather than hippie/earth mother etc. I’m definitely not as crunchy now my kids are older, but there were breastfed past 2, co-slept until just over 3 and so on, (in fact the 3 and 5 year old do still frequently come in my bed/want me to lie with them in their beds) but they also have boundaries and they’re most definitely told off when they need to be!

Reactions: 3
Sounds more like permissive parenting under the guise of “gentle parenting” which gives the rest of us a bad name

Reactions: 1
Well I thought I’d follow her advice, my little girl didn’t want to get in her push chair and I was late for school pick up so I walked down the road with my breast in my toddlers mouth. Was very awkward and got some funny looks but just wouldn’t be right to make her sit in the buggy when she didn’t want to.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.