One Day Of Winter #5 Bathroom locked, lentil slop, favouritism has to stop.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She had said in the comments that Ember is already not as much about the milk as Raven was at her age....I think she’s only continuing breastfeeding Ember so that there will be milk for Raven.
Wow, that’s really sad. She’s still such a little baby. Seems pretty clear to me that feeding has been quite perfunctory for Ember… and no doubt rushed because as soon as she starts feeding there will be Raven whining that she wants the boob too and when is it her turn.

Reactions: 11
A mutual friend had posted saying how traumatic she found feeding her first and feeding her second has helped heal those feelings of failure. All my friend had said was please don’t stare if a mother is breastfeeding in public as they may feel nervous and asking people not to be dicks… Then P pipes up how no one stares when she feeds Raven in public or gives her “milky cuddles” when she fell over! Totally killing the purpose of her post!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
A mutual friend had posted saying how traumatic she found feeding her first and feeding her second has helped heal those feelings of failure. All my friend had said was please don’t stare if a mother is breastfeeding in public as they may feel nervous and asking people not to be dicks… Then P pipes up how no one stares when she feeds Raven in public or gives her “milky cuddles” when she fell over! Totally killing the purpose of her post!
If she wants to breastfeed that child until she leaves for university, that's her choice, whatever. But does she really need to infantilise the language all the time? "Boobing." "Milky cuddles." There's no need. Just call it what it is. It's just breastfeeding. And unfortunately, as much as they shouldn't, your friend is right that people do stare and comment, and Nicola should not be making people feel crappy by denying that.

And I also don't agree with the continual sharing of photographs and videos. Stuff on the Internet is there forever, and Raven might not appreciate it being out there for all her friends to see as she grows up.

Reactions: 12
It’s been commented to her before that it is highly likely that perverts follow her and save her photos and videos. She responded with the whole breastfeeding is normal and it’s on them if they’re making it sexual blah blah blah. True, but why give them the opportunity to have thousands of photos of your boobs with your kids hanging off them? Breast feed where the hell you want, sit on my drive and do it if you need to, but do you need to film it? Do you need to actually post videos of your whole nipple? It’s wrong.

Reactions: 17
It’s been commented to her before that it is highly likely that perverts follow her and save her photos and videos. She responded with the whole breastfeeding is normal and it’s on them if they’re making it sexual blah blah blah. True, but why give them the opportunity to have thousands of photos of your boobs with your kids hanging off them? Breast feed where the hell you want, sit on my drive and do it if you need to, but do you need to film it? Do you need to actually post videos of your whole nipple? It’s wrong.
‘Sit on my drive and do it’ 🤣 that made me laugh more than it should’ve

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder if one day Raven and Ember will realise that their every waking moment has been broadcast on Instagram since birth. Really intimate stuff, especially the breastfeeding and nipple tweaking (we’ll gloss over the poo and vomit) 🤢 Will they ever ask Pea why she traded their privacy for… what, validation? To boost her own ego?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve made this point before on the FOD thread but it seems relevant here too.

There was a recent article on Gomi about a woman called Jenna who has been infamous over there for years for her shite parenting, but this recent article was about people saying she shouldn’t post nude photos of her children because some people will use the photos for dodgy reasons.
Her response was that unless there is a man in a white van turning up to physically sexually assault your kids, then paedos using their nude photos on the internet doesn’t actually do any physical harm to your child. The logic behind that is insane to me.
How can you know that there are people out there using these photos for perverted reasons and just not care? It’s disgusting.

Not to mention that it more than likely feeds into people eventually accessing actual child abuse images and potentially acting on those thoughts…so yes, posting sexualised photos of you and your child may well actually do some damage, but as long as it’s not happening to your kid, it’s alright??

Ugh I’m sorry to derail and rant a bit but I think the “if people are making it sexual then that’s on them” argument is just ignorant and actually dangerous when it comes to photos of children.

• Wow
I wonder if one day Raven and Ember will realise that their every waking moment has been broadcast on Instagram since birth. Really intimate stuff, especially the breastfeeding and nipple tweaking (we’ll gloss over the poo and vomit) 🤢 Will they ever ask Pea why she traded their privacy for… what, validation? To boost her own ego?
I 100% agree with this. I personally feel that if you can't have social media until a certain age, can't have child actors and performers without rules and regulations in place, then children shouldn't be broadcasted all over social media. This goes for celebrities too.
The fact people trade an innocent childs privacy without their consent for sponsors/ads/book deals/ego boost is appalling.

Reactions: 7
Maybe they have a gentle approach to perverts and paedophiles too! Absolutely awful that they are giving people the chance to have these private and personal moments to use for their own benefit. Everyone that follows and knows her knows that she breastfeeds, she doesn’t need to film and post it every single day.

She’s making it sexual. R holding her boob like that, the weird stares into the camera. Feed your bleeping kid and stop taking photos of her. It’s bizarre. Breastfeeding maybe natural but taking photos of every single feed with the eldest is not normal. People will stare, without a doubt.

• Heart
'breastfeed eldest because you breastfed youngest'.

Sounds healthy, Pea. Doesn't at all speak of entitlement, jealously and possessiveness.

Reactions: 16
reminder #1 stop calling them toddlers when they turn 3
reminder #2 stop calling them toddlers when they turn 4
reminder #3 implement some boundaries, the possibilities are endless
couldn’t muster #4 and #5 so if anyone else wants to take one for the team go for it x

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I actually feel sorry for Venom today.

It's up to an individual as to whether they breastfeed and how long they do it for. However, if my mother had posted photographs of me, at 4 years old, grabbing her tits and sucking on them, I'd be absolutely mortified.

Her friends will see this. Her future classmates and colleagues.

It's bleeping disgusting how a private moment is made public without that child's consent.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I actually feel sorry for Venom today.

It's up to an individual as to whether they breastfeed and how long they do it for. However, if my mother had posted photographs of me, at 4 years old, grabbing her tits and sucking on them, I'd be absolutely mortified.

Her friends will see this. Her future classmates and colleagues.

It's bleeping disgusting how a private moment is made public without that child's consent.
Completely agree. Boundaries have been crossed a long time ago. It’s just not okay.

Reactions: 8
I agree too. Pea is exploiting Raven with those images. She can kid herself that it’s a wonderful photo, normalising breastfeeding (and all those cliches) but if she can’t see that it’s also going to be fodder for pervs and fetishists, she’s being very naive.